The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't like this game at first try, started up a new playthrough and about 50 hrs or so in. Am I the only person who has not tamed a horse and sees no reason to? I prefer going around on foot, and paragliding around.

that’s the dilemma I’m facing...technically I never finished the game even tho I put in mad hours...I started up again but I have very little recollection of what my plan of attack was, where I was headed and why so it’s hard to get back into it...I’m tempted to just start a new game

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I didn't like this game at first try, started up a new playthrough and about 50 hrs or so in. Am I the only person who has not tamed a horse and sees no reason to? I prefer going around on foot, and paragliding around.
My issues with the horse taming/riding are double-sided:

1) The maximum distance that you are able to call your horse over is not nearly enough. Basically if you get sidetracked a little bit or head up some terrain your horse can't cross you'll quickly be unable to call it forcing you to traverse through other methods again. That could be negated if there were more stables but that leads to;

2) Not nearly enough stables. I get why the stables are placed as they are in the world but the first issue wouldn't be such a problem if there were more stables to pick your horse up.

Those issues basically play into each other to the point that unless you stick to the roads there's no point in taking your horse along. Considering that all of the fun comes from exploration, how long does anyone stick to the roads?

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Took down my first lynel and hit a guardian with a parry finally

I started feeling myself after doing both and my gf was looking at me like :mjlol:

I've used my horse maybe 2 total hours of the 50+ I've put in also. There are too many things that I would have missed if I stayed on the main paths designed for horses

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Just copped this on Sunday. I just beat the stone talus loving the game so far.....
How long into the game before i get a reliable weapon?
Im guessing the master sword comes late in the game, this constantly breaking weapons is gettin old already

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Just copped this on Sunday. I just beat the stone talus loving the game so far.....
How long into the game before i get a reliable weapon?
Im guessing the master sword comes late in the game, this constantly breaking weapons is gettin old already

All weapons will eventually break over time. You can find rusted weapons and have them forged.

The Master Sword if i recall can be obtained when you have enough hearts (don't want to spoil it for you as to why)

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
All weapons will eventually break over time. You can find rusted weapons and have them forged.

The Master Sword if i recall can be obtained when you have enough hearts (don't want to spoil it for you as to why)
Appreciate the pro-tip
Im the kinda gamer who tries to fight every enemy i see, and im running through swords way too fast.