The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
wow you started from scratch each time?

actually I’m guessing that’s an easy “yes”

game can play out a myriad of ways

Exactly!
My first run was just a standard play and beat, the second run I finished all the shrines before freeing the Divine Beasts, and my third run I added a bit of my own story into it. Like, I had to complete a certain number of shrines in between each Divine Beast, and no fast travel.
I’m a big Zelda fan and to see a Hyrule so realized and alive keeps bringing me back.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I'm so mad I cannot get into this game. I don't know if it's a different experience playing on the original Switch but I do not like it on the Switch Lite - all I have. I love RPGs as well.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm so mad I cannot get into this game. I don't know if it's a different experience playing on the original Switch but I do not like it on the Switch Lite - all I have. I love RPGs as well.
You should play it in table top mode. Get a pro controller. That's how I play when I'm away from a TV.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah as an OG Zelda fan I didn't like it. I guess I enjoy the exploration-dungeon-boss loop that the OG games had - I understand you can play it like this but I hate the puzzle based shrine stuff and the RPG elements.

Lowkey I'm not very happy with how Zelda and Mario have developed gameplay wise - I understand changes had to be made to get inline with new gameplay expectations but... :yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

it’s not “playable” on the switch lite imo...the landscape is too big to take in on such a small screen...I’m pretty sure they’re some ppl who can do it but ughh

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
it’s not “playable” on the switch lite imo...the landscape is too big to take in on such a small screen...I’m pretty sure they’re some ppl who can do it but ughh

Yup, was hoping no one would say this but kind of expected it. It’s just not an enjoyable play on the Lite. Welp, I’ll take my L in peace and be quiet.

:mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup, was hoping no one would say this but kind of expected it. It’s just not an enjoyable play on the Lite. Welp, I’ll take my L in peace and be quiet.

:mjcry:

also not to rub it in but as dude suggested the pro controller makes a difference too...the analog sticks are too far apart when you use the switch in handheld mode or if you’re using a switch lite...this is a game where you’re doing a lot of walking/running as you look around your field of vision...and for me this felt less intuitive when I wasn’t using the pro controller

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
if you like RPGs buy Astral Chain breh

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Yeah as an OG Zelda fan I didn't like it. I guess I enjoy the exploration-dungeon-boss loop that the OG games had - I understand you can play it like this but I hate the puzzle based shrine stuff and the RPG elements.

Lowkey I'm not very happy with how Zelda and Mario have developed gameplay wise - I understand changes had to be made to get inline with new gameplay expectations but... :yeshrug:

it wont help much but I started off amazed

then I didnt fast travel and got fatigued because I was playing very passive
then something happened and I started finding my rhythm and stockpiling weapons and everything clicked

I turned into a fukking machine and every situation was a stealth assassin encounter or some samurai shyt
I havent finished but I have all but 1 shrine left. Not only is what people said about seeing it on the TV true but
eventually you'll get used to saying fukk everything and being able to refill all slots immediately with better shyt
Thats when the game becomes a cycle of destroying everyone and everything. Once I got the Great Sword too it was over because it doesnt break
I could use my mid level shyt on enemies and save that for going into wilder combat. It does eventually click if you have enough time to play.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

then something happened and I started finding my rhythm and stockpiling weapons and everything clicked

I turned into a fukking machine and every situation was a stealth assassin encounter or some samurai shyt
I havent finished but I have all but 1 shrine left. Not only is what people said about seeing it on the TV true but
eventually you'll get used to saying fukk everything and being able to refill all slots immediately with better shyt
Thats when the game becomes a cycle of destroying everyone and everything. Once I got the Great Sword too it was over because it doesnt break
I could use my mid level shyt on enemies and save that for going into wilder combat. It does eventually click if you have enough time to play.
When you finish Trial of the Sword, the master sword becomes stronger, lasts longer before recharge, glows brighter and let's you shoot sword rays when you're at full health. Love that sword man....

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

haven't gotten all the shrines. :mjcry:even tho I wanted that OG tunic so bad.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I’m finally ready to admit this just wasn’t that fun to me me. I’ve had it since launch and went back to it periodically. :manny: feels more like a task.

Game is boring as hell, only Zelda game I never finished. I can beat the first beast, but after that I'm bored to death. shyt aint nowhere close to a GOAT level game, people give this shyt a pass because it's got Zelda attached to the name, if it was called anything else it would be a 6-7/10 game that would of been forgotten about.