The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I’m finally ready to admit this just wasn’t that fun to me me. I’ve had it since launch and went back to it periodically. :manny: feels more like a task.
That's odd, it's the only Zelda game that doesn't require you to do as much to complete the game and gives more than enough freedom to traverse the world and engage in enemies. How did it feel like a taske?

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I got a theory for BotW 2 yall

In BotW we learned that 100 y/o Link and the others lost to Ganon, who took control of the Sheikah machines they discovered hidden in the rocks. Talking to Impa and Kass, we learn that those machines come from a civilization dating back at least 10,000 years ago, where Hyrule prospered and the Sheikahs reached an incredible level of technological advancement. In these times, the Guardians and Divine Beasts were designed to help the Hero and the Princess to fight off Ganon, and in the tale Impa and Kass tell... The Hero and his army simply beat Ganon's ass :jbhmm:

And in the tapestry illustrating the tale, the Hero is showed to look like this:

nhXFQ6F.jpg

So I'm thinking damn, he looks kinda cool. I wonder how powerful he was compared to all the other Links.

Then I'm wondering "is he wearing armor"? His design... There's something to it :patrice: why is dude red? And you can't even tell if it's Link for real. Where's the blond hair? Why the long red hair?

Might be the artstyle, you'll tell me. It's just a style effect. Aight, I'll bite. Then why Zelda:
0*xtBkRwr3KO0YGU0D.jpeg

Can actually be recognized, and is represented with her traditional white skin and blonde hair? :dahell:

Something is up :merchant:

I'll cut to the chase: I think that Hero 10,000 years ago was Ganondorf yall :hubie: who else that important in Zelda story is represented with long flowing red hair?

maxresdefault.jpg

In BotW 2, we see Ganondorf kinda sealed in underground vestiges, with a green hand through his chest

qqb6fp8pfr331.png

And he has the same long flowing red hair than the Hero from the tapestry :merchant:

Moreover, what is this hand that is sealing him? And why do we see Link wield that same hand later in this trailer without seemingly being able to control it?

link-getting-new-hookshot-powers-in-the-botw-2-teaser-trailer.jpeg

If you're familiar with the references in the first BotW, you know that the game draws a lot of inspiration from Princess Mononoke, from the setting, to the characters, enemies and themes.

And if you saw the movie, you're not without knowing that the protagonist gets cursed touching the corruption, and his arm becomes filled with a spreading evil intent that cannot be controlled.

curse.jpg

Which can't help but remind us of what seems to happen to Link in the trailer.

So what if that hand, which seems to be covered by the same Sheikah style motifs that we see all over shrines and their technology, is not actually good, even if it seems to be sealing Ganondorf? That same hand grabs Link at some point.

screen-shot-2019-06-11-at-1.47.15-pm.jpg

Seems far-fetched? What about that shocking shot, that appears in the trailer like a huge revelation of terrible events happening?

sequel-to-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-first-look-trailer-0-45-screenshot-1-1560273576962-copy-1560550265089.png

I don't know about you, but I see an innocent breh getting jumped by a demonic hand :hubie:

Plus you can he's wearing some kind of skirt revealing his legs, just like the Hero in the tapestry :ohhh:

PLUS! It doesn't even connect with the tale we've been told and showed through the tapestry. It is said that Ganong pulled up, and the Hero & the Princess, accompanied by an army of Guardians, the Four Divine Beasts and their Champions, whooped him. Remember, they even show the Hero wielding the Master Sword to defeat him, not some weird green hand!

l6vuecwdsnoy.jpg

This is for all these reasons that I think that the dude we see in the BotW 2 trailer is not a direct incarnation of Ganon... In the sense we believe. They must be different because one got defeated through the sword, and the other with some weird apparently Sheikah magic.

I think it is actually the 10 000 years old Hero, that either got betrayed by the Sheikahs (who already betrayed the kingdom in Ocarina of Time and got exterminated by the King for it), or started to develop nefarious feelings for some reason and turned evil.

If I had to formulate a definitive fan-theory, I'd say the Hero back then was male Gerudo, who whooped Ganon but got corrupted, then sealed up by the Sheikahs. Now that I'm saying it like that it sounds ridiculous lol :heh: but I got time to waste.

What the Hero was really Groot? :dahell: They wear the same colors (green + blue) and same hair!!:damn:

legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_opening_screen.jpg

Screenshot_3.png

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
That's odd, it's the only Zelda game that doesn't require you to do as much to complete the game and gives more than enough freedom to traverse the world and engage in enemies. How did it feel like a taske?

Just wasn’t fun to me gameplay wise therefore it felt like a task to play it. I kept going back because of how great people were saying it was but it just didn’t click. Not saying it was a bad game just didn’t enjoy it.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Just wasn’t fun to me gameplay wise therefore it felt like a task to play it. I kept going back because of how great people were saying it was but it just didn’t click. Not saying it was a bad game just didn’t enjoy it.

The game is dry as hell and it lacks charm. It isn't bad from a technical standpoint at all, but stylistically shyt is cheeks, almost feels like a Western RPG but lacking the things it needs to make it not dry as hell which is a good narrative with dialogue choices. :yeshrug:

The world feels lifeless and everything feels like a microwave meal instead of a home cooked dinner, for example the shrines are all fast and don't take very long to do at all, whereas even the Deku tree was a complete dungeon. I personally don't like the direction the series is going if they keep moving in the Breath of the Wild direction.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I got a theory for BotW 2 yall

In BotW we learned that 100 y/o Link and the others lost to Ganon, who took control of the Sheikah machines they discovered hidden in the rocks. Talking to Impa and Kass, we learn that those machines come from a civilization dating back at least 10,000 years ago, where Hyrule prospered and the Sheikahs reached an incredible level of technological advancement. In these times, the Guardians and Divine Beasts were designed to help the Hero and the Princess to fight off Ganon, and in the tale Impa and Kass tell... The Hero and his army simply beat Ganon's ass :jbhmm:

And in the tapestry illustrating the tale, the Hero is showed to look like this:

nhXFQ6F.jpg

So I'm thinking damn, he looks kinda cool. I wonder how powerful he was compared to all the other Links.

Then I'm wondering "is he wearing armor"? His design... There's something to it :patrice: why is dude red? And you can't even tell if it's Link for real. Where's the blond hair? Why the long red hair?

Might be the artstyle, you'll tell me. It's just a style effect. Aight, I'll bite. Then why Zelda:
0*xtBkRwr3KO0YGU0D.jpeg

Can actually be recognized, and is represented with her traditional white skin and blonde hair? :dahell:

Something is up :merchant:

I'll cut to the chase: I think that Hero 10,000 years ago was Ganondorf yall :hubie: who else that important in Zelda story is represented with long flowing red hair?

maxresdefault.jpg

In BotW 2, we see Ganondorf kinda sealed in underground vestiges, with a green hand through his chest

qqb6fp8pfr331.png

And he has the same long flowing red hair than the Hero from the tapestry :merchant:

Moreover, what is this hand that is sealing him? And why do we see Link wield that same hand later in this trailer without seemingly being able to control it?

link-getting-new-hookshot-powers-in-the-botw-2-teaser-trailer.jpeg

If you're familiar with the references in the first BotW, you know that the game draws a lot of inspiration from Princess Mononoke, from the setting, to the characters, enemies and themes.

And if you saw the movie, you're not without knowing that the protagonist gets cursed touching the corruption, and his arm becomes filled with a spreading evil intent that cannot be controlled.

curse.jpg

Which can't help but remind us of what seems to happen to Link in the trailer.

So what if that hand, which seems to be covered by the same Sheikah style motifs that we see all over shrines and their technology, is not actually good, even if it seems to be sealing Ganondorf? That same hand grabs Link at some point.

screen-shot-2019-06-11-at-1.47.15-pm.jpg

Seems far-fetched? What about that shocking shot, that appears in the trailer like a huge revelation of terrible events happening?

sequel-to-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-first-look-trailer-0-45-screenshot-1-1560273576962-copy-1560550265089.png

I don't know about you, but I see an innocent breh getting jumped by a demonic hand :hubie:

Plus you can he's wearing some kind of skirt revealing his legs, just like the Hero in the tapestry :ohhh:

PLUS! It doesn't even connect with the tale we've been told and showed through the tapestry. It is said that Ganong pulled up, and the Hero & the Princess, accompanied by an army of Guardians, the Four Divine Beasts and their Champions, whooped him. Remember, they even show the Hero wielding the Master Sword to defeat him, not some weird green hand!

l6vuecwdsnoy.jpg

This is for all these reasons that I think that the dude we see in the BotW 2 trailer is not a direct incarnation of Ganon... In the sense we believe. They must be different because one got defeated through the sword, and the other with some weird apparently Sheikah magic.

I think it is actually the 10 000 years old Hero, that either got betrayed by the Sheikahs (who already betrayed the kingdom in Ocarina of Time and got exterminated by the King for it), or started to develop nefarious feelings for some reason and turned evil.

If I had to formulate a definitive fan-theory, I'd say the Hero back then was male Gerudo, who whooped Ganon but got corrupted, then sealed up by the Sheikahs. Now that I'm saying it like that it sounds ridiculous lol :heh: but I got time to waste.

What the Hero was really Groot? :dahell: They wear the same colors (green + blue) and same hair!!:damn:

legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_opening_screen.jpg

Screenshot_3.png
well it did say her and her appointed knight beat ganon if it was link they woulda just said so...so it probably was some random nikka

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Cosign all of this. Going to give the game another chance and toss it in the bushes if I can't finish it.