The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@((ReFleX))

You will be thinking about this game constantly once you start playing it....mostly because it's so fukking big and it's damn near overwhelming the amount of things you can do. I'm roughly 50 hours in and have only did one Divine Beast (there's 4) and only 73 Shrines (there's 120). Not to mention there's entire areas of the game (Death Mountain, the Goron City, etc.) that I haven't even stepped foot in. There is so much to do in this game that you can do one thing (collect ingredients and cook, hunt powerful monsters, try to get upgrades for your armor) literally all day long and ignore the rest of the game. And there's a bunch of things like that.

Fred.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I think it's actually called monster extract....

You get it consistently from Kilton store once you unlock it or you can randomly get it from other NPC's. There is some lady on the road to death mountain who will give it to you the first time you go up there.

It allows a 30 duration frame for when you cross add items that do similar thing instead of I think the max you can get which is something like 12 or 13 minutes...

So doing say 2 fortiifed pumpkins + 2 iron mushrooms + 1 monster extract = highest defense bonus you can get for 30 minutes

There does seem to be a bit of randomness to it and some ingredients work better than others...for example substituting an armor carp for the mushroom or the pumpkin got me the 30 minute duration maybe half the time...but doing the pumpkins and mushrooms got me the 30 minute duration every single time...
Oh thats what it does? I just been using dragon horn fragments that I farmed to get the 30 minute duration. Glad to know there's another way.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I still don't think it's better than OOT, but on the other hand it might not even be fair to compare BOTW to the previous games. This game stands alone in that it's VERY different. The soul of Zelda games is still here but the game plays and feels very different. It's completely open world with no set structure at all. It can be engrossing or daunting depending on what you like. Breakable weapons and shields has also gotten a mixed reception. The music in this game is much more subtle. Generally you barely hear any music at all out side of a few single, light piano keys. Weather / Climate affects link greatly and changes the way you have to go about traveling. I've been enjoying this game a lot, but for ME, it hasn't had the pull OOT had. In some ways I prefer the A,B,C structure of previous Zeldas and I definitely would have preferred that they handled weapon / shield breaking different in this game.
To me its better than OOT due to sheer replayability and gameplay. The gameplay is leaps and bounds above OOT.

I disagree about music. There's more songs in this game than OOT. It just seems like there isn't because there's no one overarching main theme between locations. Every town has a song with two versions (night and day). The castle has a songs with two versions (outside and inside). The 4 divine beasts dungeons has a song with different versions the more you progress. Hinox, Molduga, Talus, Lynel, Guardian Stalker, Guardian Sentinel and Enemies get their own battle music. Horses get a song after riding them for awhile, stables share a song, memories have songs and cut scenes leading up to guardian and cut scenes before and after ganon fight have a song and ganon had two songs. shyt even the Cutscene in temple of time had a song.

Special Locations in the game have a theme (towers, shrines, mountains, deserts etc)

Blood moons have a theme.

This game's soundtrack is larger than you think. I also had the same complaint you had until I really started paying attention to all the music cues.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
the vertical aspect of the game is just amazing and almost a game unto itself...i can't even count how many times on my first playthrough I thought I was good enough to fight some enemies...got my ass kicked...said fukk this and just climbed up a mountain and flew over them:mjlol:...
This might be the main reason I've skipped so many parts of the game and discovering them for the first time cause guardians and Lynels had me shook af when I first started. I'd be like fukk this lemme just fly above, around or find another way. I'm maxed out all my stats and stuff now so I don't mind going everywhere on foot/shield surfing

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
@duckbutta you exaggerating like a mufuka lol you can only hold 5 fairies at a time unless you do a bloodmoon cheat then you can hold 10. Ain't no 20.

And direct hits from guardians take out 3.5 hearts at max armor, not half a heart. Only glancing hits take out half a heart.

And 30 is the max amount of hearts not 42. 27 is the max if you max out stamina first but you can only add up to 3 temporary hearts to make it 30

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
@duckbutta you exaggerating like a mufuka lol you can only hold 5 fairies at a time unless you do a bloodmoon cheat then you can hold 10. Ain't no 20.

And direct hits from guardians take out 3.5 hearts at max armor, not half a heart. Only glancing hits take out half a heart.

And 30 is the max amount of hearts not 42. 27 is the max if you max out stamina first but you can only add up to 3 temporary hearts to make it 30

So take the soldier armor or the guardian armor.

Max it all the way out

Then do 5 iron mushrooms

And then go get hit by a guardian beam

And then come back and post how many hearts it took...

Matter fact...I can't think of one attack in the entire game that will take a full heart from you if you max out the soldier armor or the guardian armor and then do the 5 iron mushrooms elixir.

As for the fairies I am going to assume they patched the game or something because I know on my first playthrough every single time their was a blood moon I could go to a fairy fountain and collect fairies from them. I did this every single time i got the blood moon clip during my first play through and I did this easily a dozen times throughout the game....i actually had way more than 20 fairies...i haven't done it since my first play through though when the game came out...

I don;t know what you mean with the hearts? 3 is the max?

00wsaypwx9ly.jpg

Then how this guy get 24 temporary hearts then?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Oh thats what it does? I just been using dragon horn fragments that I farmed to get the 30 minute duration. Glad to know there's another way.

You shouldn't use dragon horn to do anything other than upgrade armor...I think the champion tunic needs it to get to it's highest level...

You really shouldn't EVER use any mini boss monster parts to cook with since at some point you need them to upgrade armor...i know between the full soldier set level 4 upgrade you need i think over 10 lynel hooves and over 5 lynel guts...it's something like 3 hooves and 2 guts per item i think...that was my least enjoyable part of the game cause all i did for like two hours is hunt down lynels throughout the map and i went after the white lynel and that thing had to have had the most health in the entire game outside of ganon, it took me much longer to beat it than to beat any of the divine beast AND i was using barbarian armor with the full set bonus AND I using 5 razorshrooms for level up attack as well and I was using a ++ level guardian sword....i think it probably had something to do with enemies leveling with you and by that time i was about as maxed out as you could get in every aspect of the game...

There is another set that takes something crazy to...I can't remember what it was but to get it to level 4 it took 4 star fragments and two different horns from two different dragons...it took me around 4 hours to get it to level 4 cause i had to keep moving around and camping at fires until night time to wait and see if a star fragment would fall or not...i probably spent an hour just blowing up trees for wood

From just a pure resource perspective when cooking elixirs you shouldn't really use anything other than bobokin fangs and horns...that is if you plan to go for the highest level armor in the game...cause at level 4 almost every armor set requires a pretty good amount of resources that you can only find in one place and if you don't already have a lot of it you are going to spend a lot of time farming for it...it is the amount of items you use with the monster parts that determine the level up not the monster parts themselves...i think. :leostare:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So take the soldier armor or the guardian armor.

Max it all the way out

Then do 5 iron mushrooms

And then go get hit by a guardian beam

And then come back and post how many hearts it took...

Matter fact...I can't think of one attack in the entire game that will take a full heart from you if you max out the soldier armor or the guardian armor and then do the 5 iron mushrooms elixir.

As for the fairies I am going to assume they patched the game or something because I know on my first playthrough every single time their was a blood moon I could go to a fairy fountain and collect fairies from them. I did this every single time i got the blood moon clip during my first play through and I did this easily a dozen times throughout the game....i actually had way more than 20 fairies...i haven't done it since my first play through though when the game came out...

I don;t know what you mean with the hearts? 3 is the max?

00wsaypwx9ly.jpg

Then how this guy get 24 temporary hearts then?
Max total hearts period is 30. He is showing 29 hearts

Please show me where it says you have 20 plus fairies!!! I can't believe this shyt

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Max total hearts period is 30. He is showing 29 hearts

Please show me where it says you have 20 plus fairies!!! I can't believe this shyt

Obviously I can't because it was on my first playthrough...and I've gotten so good at the game now that I have come to just ignore fairies all together since I haven't died in I don't know...the last 60 or 70 hours of gameplay

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You shouldn't use dragon horn to do anything other than upgrade armor...I think the champion tunic needs it to get to it's highest level...

You really shouldn't EVER use any mini boss monster parts to cook with since at some point you need them to upgrade armor...i know between the full soldier set level 4 upgrade you need i think over 10 lynel hooves and over 5 lynel guts...it's something like 3 hooves and 2 guts per item i think...that was my least enjoyable part of the game cause all i did for like two hours is hunt down lynels throughout the map and i went after the white lynel and that thing had to have had the most health in the entire game outside of ganon, it took me much longer to beat it than to beat any of the divine beast AND i was using barbarian armor with the full set bonus AND I using 5 razorshrooms for level up attack as well and I was using a ++ level guardian sword....i think it probably had something to do with enemies leveling with you and by that time i was about as maxed out as you could get in every aspect of the game...

There is another set that takes something crazy to...I can't remember what it was but to get it to level 4 it took 4 star fragments and two different horns from two different dragons...it took me around 4 hours to get it to level 4 cause i had to keep moving around and camping at fires until night time to wait and see if a star fragment would fall or not...i probably spent an hour just blowing up trees for wood

From just a pure resource perspective when cooking elixirs you shouldn't really use anything other than bobokin fangs and horns...that is if you plan to go for the highest level armor in the game...cause at level 4 almost every armor set requires a pretty good amount of resources that you can only find in one place and if you don't already have a lot of it you are going to spend a lot of time farming for it...it is the amount of items you use with the monster parts that determine the level up not the monster parts themselves...i think. :leostare:
I agree with monster parts being used for armor especially stocking up due to dlc release 8 new armor pieces but dragons are easy to farm if you get the right spot. I posted a screenshot of where i farm dragon horns early in the thread. I averaged 3 to 4 horns every 10 minutes. This spot was west of Lanaryu Heights near the promenade

Horns are excellent for cooking because they give you 30 minute durations.

For star fragments you need to go to shee vaneer shrine, at top of mountain (behind shrine) and face hyrule castle so that the castle is at the right of your screen. Then lay wood camp till morning. Then light it up again and camp till night. Wait for star fragment. Collect it and go back to shrine and do the same thing. Camp till morning then camping till night again insures the fragment will respawn and fall again.

Here's something extra i do. I go to riverside stable and park my horse next to wahgo katta shrine. This way when im at shee vaneer/dual peaks mountain and i see the fragment fall. I just teleport to wahgo katta, hop on my horse and ride it to the fragment because depending where your facing the sky when your on the mountain the fragment will fall in the general vicinity. The quicker you get the star the quicker it usually respawns after you repeat the morning and night camp