The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
After three months and three divine beasts defeated...I decided to start over. Made a new Nintendo account to log into so I could keep my old game. (I'm not THAT crazy.) I just felt like I was shortchanging myself w/my old game - so much to do that I haven't done and now I'm after the 4th beast. That, and I hadn't played since early April, so I'd forgotten quite a bit. First thing I did after I got the Great Plateau up and running? Jumped off that bytch. With no paraglider.

This is gonna be a bytch...

*edit* kill three Guardian scouts w/a pot lid but keep dying b/c you keep falling, brehs.

*edit II* Wow, this is like a completely new game. I don't remember jack shyt about any of the beginning - standing there at the Great Plateau (when it was buried) like "uh...now what?" Somehow, the first go-round I made something for the old man and got the warm doublet - this time, I couldn't find any Hyrule bass (or even any lakes) and wound up having to cook a bunch of stuff to keep me warm. Brehs, I wasted all my materials to cook up to 30 minutes of warm food...get to the top of the mountain in less than three and there's the old man like...

It%27s_dangerous_to_go_alone%21_Take_this..png

...and gives me the damn doublet!!!

Also, I'm using shyt I never used before. Sensor pins! Octo balloons! Those chests that came w/the DLC expansion! (I think it's b/c I started the game & bought the DLC later, so I never went back to those shrines. For the record, all you get is a ruby, some bomb arrows [with no bow!] and that Nintendo shirt.) I just did four shrines in a row that I didn't do in the first game. One of them had - I shyt you not - five fukking chests. I got four hearts and a Edge of Duality sword. Go figure.

For the new guys, if I can only offer one piece of advice, it is this: practice that shield deflect. In my first game, I wasted a lottttt of time b/c I couldn't do it and I had to go around those areas w/Guardians doing a ton of shrines to boost my hearts so I could take a hit and not automatically die. Now I'm murking those things w/pot lids. You waste a LOT less time b/c you can cut through Central Hyrule. It's the most frustrating part of the game, IMO, especially when you have those shytty shields that break if you do it wrong. But trust me on this one - don't avoid the Guardians in the beginning. Work on your shield game.

Second piece of advice: all the beginning weapons are shytty and you DON'T level up with XP points or anything like that, so try not to venture out at night too much at first. You just tear up all your weapons on extra enemies that don't show up in the daytime. Find an inn or build a fire (wood + metal weapon) and wait it out until morning. (Also, you can use your bombs to chop trees for wood and kill fish. God bless Nintendo for unlimited bombs and arrows that don't break.)

Damn, I remember when I lost the summer of 2012 to Skyrim. I am DEFINITELY about to lose the summer of 2017 to BotW.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
got the switch earlier this week,

been playing Mario Kart all week

loaded Zelda today - lost 5 hours

worked out

bout to go portable , fukked up putting the screen protector on and it has bubbles but idgaf, zelda got me hooked

concise

Veteran
Daps
edit II* Wow, this is like a completely new game. I don't remember jack shyt about any of the beginning - standing there at the Great Plateau (when it was buried) like "uh...now what?" Somehow, the first go-round I made something for the old man and got the warm doublet - this time, I couldn't find any Hyrule bass (or even any lakes) and wound up having to cook a bunch of stuff to keep me warm. Brehs, I wasted all my materials to cook up to 30 minutes of warm food...get to the top of the mountain in less than three and there's the old man like...

...and gives me the damn doublet!!!

:dead:

I bought the doublet way later after the plateau on my first playthrough. I was just as shocked as you were when I got it at the top of that mountain.

But unlike you, I did erase my file completely. :francis:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
233 fukking korok seeds to go

yo i fell off a bridge while on epona. i jumped off her and paraglided down into the river as i watched her fall. she swam to shore. i was surprised she survived because this was a long drop

that hiiiigh as fukk bridge north of satori mountain

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Currently trying to upgrade my wild set to the max before I fight Ganon. I'll put this down for awhile and play some indie piff. I never thought one game would consume me like this.
The game gets overwhelming quick. I'll start the game up with one object in mind, then two hours later i realize i haven't even begun my OG task but take it off since i'm exhausted.

And the games enemies most definitely get more and more difficult as the game progresses.

For the record this is easily the finest open world game ever made. It will be hard to play another like it.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I challenge you all to fight and kill the Silver Lynel while on LordoftheMountain without LordoftheMountain vanishing. Harder than it looks. You'll probably have to jump off the Silver Lynel at some point to get him weak like I did, then hop back on Lord of the Mountain after getting some hits in. And no, I haven't completed this challenge yet.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
The game gets overwhelming quick. I'll start the game up with one object in mind, then two hours later i realize i haven't even begun my OG task but take it off since i'm exhausted.

Replaying this game got me so TWISTED. I'm playing w/Pro HUD, which forces you to use your eyes more. I'm finding shrines like liquor stores. And b/c of it, I'm ALWAYS skipping the main goals. Like...I just got to Zora's Domain b/c every time I saw a shrine along the way, I had to play the shrine. And hey, there's that tower! Let's look down from the tower. Oooh, what's over there? Let's go look! Hey, why am I two towers away from where I'm supposed to be...HEY, LOOK AT THAT BIG-ASS MOUNTAIN! Let's go climb it!

Plus, I'm actually taking pics w/the camera this time, and you have to take pics of EVERY fukking thing. I mean, down to th farming hoes and squirrels and all kinds of shyt you never noticed. Plus, you're supposed to take pics of all the bosses, which I didn't know the first go-round. By far, the worst thing to try to take a picture of is a Blupee, which the lizards and bugs a close second.

I'm also just now seeing you can ride/tame horses w/o having to register them. In Skyrim, you could do the same thing, but if you didn't actually own the horse, it would walk back to its destination. In this game, they just stand there waiting for you to get back. I hope that's not permanent - I'd hate to have a bunch of horses standing around waiting on me to get back to them up in the Bumfukk Frozen Mountain Ridge.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Got the Hylian Shield yesterday, and completed the From The Ground Up side quest so now I can cop any rare armor from the vendor there.

At 90 shrines so far....I've decided I'm not gonna fight Ganon until I get 120 because I want to face him in the OG green outfit from the first game.:wow:

Fred.