The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Yea I beat all four Divine Beasts so they brought Gannon down to half health when I started fighting him. I only had to fight him in 3 forms: Normal, Metallic Gannon and Beast Gannon (final fight with the horse and bow of light). I also got all the captured memories.

I short cut through the castle to Gannon, cause I wasn't tryna waste weapons/food and time in the castle fighting the mini-bosses and guardians.

Next time I fight him I wanna go through the castle, but only if I have this ancient set ya'll were talking about, the guardian chainsaw (how tf do I get that?) and the Hylian shield.
its not a waste going to the castle. just bring alot of cooking items cause there is a cooking pot inside and your good. i like raiding the castle. lots of high quality weapons, bows and shields. im not even trying to beat the game but when im running low on supplies i raid the castle and always come back with some dope shyt because non-chest items always regenerate plus those dark hylian shiekah shields will last even if you messed up attempting to block a laser.

note for castle raiders. don't bother renewing a rusty shield unless your ok with the regular knights shield.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
its not a waste going to the castle. just bring alot of cooking items cause there is a cooking pot inside and your good. i like raiding the castle. lots of high quality weapons, bows and shields. im not even trying to beat the game but when im running low on supplies i raid the castle and always come back with some dope shyt because non-chest items always regenerate.
I tried to go through the castle first when I was making my way to Zelda's study to get the (11/12) captured memory so I found a few things (arrows, knights bow), but none of the weapons and stuff that I'm seeing posted. I'll try again, but only once I have that Guardian Chainsaw. I can't deal with running from those guardian lasers every minute.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I tried to go through the castle first when I was making my way to Zelda's study to get the (11/12) captured memory so I found a few things (arrows, knights bow), but none of the weapons and stuff that I'm seeing posted. I'll try again, but only once I have that Guardian Chainsaw. I can't deal with running from those guardian lasers every minute.
guardians are not a problem inside the castle.

for outside, during my first run, I blocked lasers and shot them with ancient arrows.

during my second run, I snuck up on them and hit them with the master sword.

the second option uses less resources. also, you must kill them at an angle thats put them in between you and the closest active guardian.

its like metal gear solid all over again. its very fun.

and all you need is regular arrows and a good bow with the second option because regular arrows stun them when they aim lasers at you. if you're paranoid then shoot them in the eye as you make your way to them.

the dining room has a royal bow on a chandelier

the guards or weapons room is full of stuff

the library has bows and secret compartments using magnesis.

the jails have explodable secret walls

everyone should make a castle trip. it is LOOT Central

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps

for outside, during my first run, I blocked lasers and shot them with ancient arrows.

the second option uses less resources. also, you must kill them at an angle thats put them in between you and the closest active guardian.

and all you need is regular arrows and a good bow with the second option because regular arrows stun them when they aim lasers at you. if you're paranoid then shoot them in the eye as you make your way to them.

:salute:Thanks for the tips. I'm def going back like Arnold on some T2 shyt. I only did the exploding of the walls in the jails, so I need to search all those other areas you mentioned.

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio

I got the Master Sword, 13 hearts, 1 1/2 stamina wheel and the Champions Armor at level 8, should I go in? :lupe: All that loot sounds too good to not try at least.

Also, is it true you can store weapons, shields and things at the house you buy?

This game is so good, I've found something new every time I've played, had it since launch, have unlocked the entire map but have maybe explored 1/3 of it. :whew:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Also, is it true you can store weapons, shields and things at the house you buy?
You can only store weapons in your house on the mounts. And they only give you 3 of each mount. I threw like 5 extra weapons in the storage area under the stairs in my house thinking they would always be there, but they disappeared after 1 save. So your best bet is finding those koroku seeds to expand your inventory. I only keep the 3 best swords, bows and sheilds at my home that I'm saving to fight Gannon.

Last edited:

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
1G6csbR.jpg

3HsBJKI.jpg

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I got the Master Sword, 13 hearts, 1 1/2 stamina wheel and the Champions Armor at level 8, should I go in? :lupe: All that loot sounds too good to not try at least.

This game is so good, I've found something new every time I've played, had it since launch, have unlocked the entire map but have maybe explored 1/3 of it. :whew:
yeah i first went in at 13 hearts. make u some temporary hearts meals and stamina elixers. cut grass for the grasshoppers you need for the elixers

on some real shyt its not as hard as people think it is.

the guardians are STATIONARY! Whats hard about that? if you've ever played a metal gear solid game in your life you should be ashamed to be scared of stationary guards. those fukkheads are ripe for the picking. just don't approach from the front like a dumb ass.

you gotta climb and hanglide your ass off to get in ideal kill approach positions

my nikkas we lions on the hunt. stalk em down.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
some castle tips

use cryonisis to life the gate when it shuts on you. see the little puddle?

kill the enemies in the jail cells before opening them

the classic hylian shield is guarded by the huge skeleton boss in the dungeon

there are chests EVERYWHERE! Blow up and fire up everything. there are vines that hide stuff

unlock the shrine under the castle. easy access for castle raids. great job nintendo. that way those of you scared of guardians rarely have to deal with them.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
inside the castle most enemies consist of stalfos and moblins. they might seem strong to some players but thats only because some wield strong weapons but half their weapons are from the castle itself.

arrow wise id stock up on ice and shock.