The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
anybody knows u can beat a guardian without a weapon the best method is to reflect it's beams :mjlol: cmon man is yall nikkas rookies or somethin ?
I only use the reflecting beam shyt on the small guardians in the Shrines. Does it work on the big ones around Hyrule as well? If so, does one reflect beam kill the big ones too or do I have to reflect it a bunch of times?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Le sigh....**scratches head** where do I even begin? So yesterday out of sheer boredom I decided, on a whim, to go to Hyrule Castle. Was curious about the 'super weapons' people kept droning on about. Off the top of my head I managed to get:

- Savage Lynel Shield
- Royal Claymore
- Royal Guard's Claymore
- Edge of Duality
- The bow in Zelda's bedroom.

Stored some of those weapons in my house. They're way too good to toy around with. Also, I'm assuming the next room after Zelda's bedroom is where you fight Ganondorf? I couldn't go in.....was blocked by an invisible wall.
that's a good run. you missed out alot but good job

there shouldn't be any invisible walls wtf? south of zelda's room on the rampart is a memory and at the end of the rampart is her laboratory.
ganon is in the middle of the castle, the sanctum, far away where you were. you can walk at the edges of the sanctum, look at ganon and walk right back out so that you don't trigger cut scene

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
480px-BreathoftheWildEdgeofDualityStats.jpg

:ohlawd:I keep that on my mantel in the middle. I got mine in one of the shrines. That sword is huge and looks so powerful. I ain't used it once yet.
i broke that shyt rip

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Defeated my first Lynel today, I died 5 times(I'm surprised my death count isn't higher). These guys are my favorite enemies so far, when I first approached him he just stared at me, it wasn't until I unsheathed my sword that he did the same and charged at me. Definitely one of my favorite moments in this game.
on the sidequest to get ganon's horse descendant, there were two Lynel in adjoining valleys that I could not avoid, so I just rode the horse to the side as much as possible. they had a question mark like wtf and one stood still for a moment then took his bow out but did not shoot. Any other enemy would've taken the shot.

The next Lynel, followed me a lil bit then stopped.

shyt nikka was scared as fukk of losing that horse i thought i was gonna have to redo the mission.

maybe they didn't wanna risk fukking up the Big Boss's horse. lol jk

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
the difficulty level scaling is worse than I thought. saw this on another board

"I've personally been recently having the problem where enemies have a ton of health because apparently there is scaling in the game based on how many you've killed, yet archers who can deal 10 hearts of damage to me continue to drop 15 damage bows, and melee enemies who deal 10 hearts of damage to me continue to drop 25 damage melee weapons. It feels like the enemy difficulty scales disproportionately from the gear they drop, so if you're someone like me who did a lot of side content before the divine beasts, attempting to get through the Death Mountain portion is a major hassle, because almost all of the enemies there are archers, and with the amount of side content I had done, they had scaled to the point where they could one-shot me, yet the bows they dropped still only dealt around 15 damage."​

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I only use the reflecting beam shyt on the small guardians in the Shrines. Does it work on the big ones around Hyrule as well? If so, does one reflect beam kill the big ones too or do I have to reflect it a bunch of times?
bro it works on the big spider guardians too :upsetfavre: the fukk yall nikkas been doing in hyrule b ?

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
bro it works on the big spider guardians too :upsetfavre: the fukk yall nikkas been doing in hyrule b ?
I just dodge them breh. Those big ones are too quick and every time I try and do the reflect beam on the big ones, I mess up the timing and they shoot me. I gotta practice on the little ones more. I read somewhere that you can even break the big guardians legs, but I can't seem to do it. I just avoid them. No point in wasting time on them when I have 2 full stamina wheels that can let me run right past them.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished it. :blessed:

I don't even know what to do.

Im glad I started the game over and began hoarding everything. I used 100 apples in one boss battle.

I found the master sword on Sunday. Beat the last two bosses I had remaining this morning and said fukk it, lemme fight the big Boss.

Hard to believe this game has only been out 3 weeks or so. Ive put roughly 100 hrs into it.

In order of things I did.

I went around an grabbed all the towers, went around and beat all the shrines. Upgraded to 2 full stamina meters then got the rest in hearts, beat 2 bosses the one in ruto then the one in gerudo, then I got the master sword beat the rest.

Going back now to do the side quests. The music is soo good.

In Kansas city they are having the Zelda Symphony play. I might have to go see that live.