The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild is Arcadium's GOTY

Arcadium GOTY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes it is quite :dwillhuh: to pretend horizon isn't getting goty noms across the board.

Bruh have you been following goty stuff?

Horzion isn’t goty or runner up on any of those

It’s on the list at the bottom of some but it’s not 1st 2nd 3rd or even 5th in most cases

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Bruh have you been following goty stuff?

Horzion isn’t goty or runner up on any of those

It’s on the list at the bottom of some but it’s not 1st 2nd 3rd or even 5th in most cases
Let's be honest

You're an Xbox stan furious that horizon is getting a bunch of votes.

Let's cut the nonsense.

Getting mad that a game that's being nominated by every publication for goty is in 2nd place in a goty vote :dead:

Acting like it's knack 2 up there.

Matter of fact have you even played horizon? Come up off that psn

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's be honest

You're an Xbox stan furious that horizon is getting a bunch of votes.

Let's cut the nonsense.

Getting mad that a game that's being nominated by every publication for goty is in 2nd place in a goty vote :dead:

Acting like it's knack 2 up there.

Matter of fact have you even played horizon? Come up off that psn

Goalpost

I said the game hasn’t been goty or runner up. Now I’m mad it’s nominated at all because I’m a Xbox Stan when I also can’t Stan PUBG which is an Xbox console exclusive (yes console exclusive) if it was beating out Zelda or runner up I’d post the same thing.

I made the list it deserves to be nominated, I’m not surprised horzion was beating out Zelda or is runner up on here. Shows how heavily this section is in the PlayStation camp.

It is what it is:yeshrug:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Goalpost

I said the game hasn’t been goty or runner up. Now I’m mad it’s nominated at all because I’m a Xbox Stan when I also can’t Stan PUBG which is an Xbox console exclusive (yes console exclusive) if it was beating out Zelda or runner up I’d post the same thing.

I made the list it deserves to be nominated, I’m not surprised horzion was beating out Zelda or is runner up on here. Shows how heavily this section is in the PlayStation camp.

It is what it is:yeshrug:
What's your psn?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The thing about Zelda is the way things work....actually make sense. Like if you think of something, with the tools you have it makes sense that it works, but its still like "Wow I can't believe that actually worked" because so few games actually let you be creative in such a way.

There are plenty of open world sandbox games, but in zelda everything works like you think it would in your brain.

The world fits together and flows together like you think environments and worlds would and should.

One of the 1st thing I did when I started playing horzion after zelda was try to climb up a hill because it was inbetween the shortest distance for two points.... and got to the wall jump and was like "oh yeah, it does work like that..."

Going from hills, to bushes, to water to a cliff feel smooth and effortless in zelda, something other open world games have yet to really get right...
Pretty much summed up why Zelda is GOTY.

I can't even fukking imagine what the sequel is gonna be like...

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This is a great way to put, it simply works. Like, even with weapons, you get to carry an ungodly amount of things but you are still tasked with the idea of conservation, save for a few items, then they just lose their power. So I would look at certain enemies, swap out weapons for what was actually needed. The idea of running around in a lighting storm with all that metal on and increasing the likelihood of shock was smart as well as the fact damn near anything with a wooden surface is flammable. Swing a torch at a fire source, it's now light, same with wooden weapons. Equip them in scorching climates, they disintegrate. My 3 year old son likes watching me play Zelda because of all the interesting things we can do. I found a blue horse, chased him and tried to jump on him, the horse was bucking left and right and kicked my ass off of it. Like, forreal though, no wild horse is just going to let you ride him like a Chuck E Cheese ride, lol. Again, the small things.
Speaking of horses... Zelda's horse gameplay is unparalleled. Like hot mothafukking damn. They delivered. Ain't felt this happy about horses since Red Dead Redemption.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mario is great, super fun. The homage it pays to the throwbacks and seamless transition from 3d to 2d and back make it something that you'll keep forever like you should a copy of the original cartridge of super Mario Bros, Mario 64 and even Mario Galaxy.

Zelda pushed the envelope and raised the bar, not only for Zelda games but other games. It got stale at some points but the dlc easily provides a full experience. I believe the stale feeling was because the immersion was so deep. By the time I had fought all the bosses and traveled the map and met the characters I was a little worn out but there were and are so many ways to travel and accomplish things. There's no traditional methods to do anything and simply watching someone else play is an experience.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The fact that horzion has as many votes as it does shows me the board is heavily Sony stans.

Out of all the games up there horzion shouldn’t have that many votes it was a very meh game.
Horizon is ok but I enjoyed Zelda way more. To me Horizon is just another good game.