Arcadium GOTY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Zelda BOTW and Persona 5 is running neck and neck to me. I beat P5, still going through Zelda. No other games this year have held my attention like they have.

I can amend this and say definitely Zelda. I'm going around, doing side-quests and stuff. There are so many things to do, many smart things to find. This is the first open world game that I've truly wanted to explore. I love the fact that this game is huge, vast and vertical. The draw distance is the most impressive thing to me about this Zelda. If you are high enough in some areas, you can see clear across the entire map. That is amazing.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can amend this and say definitely Zelda. I'm going around, doing side-quests and stuff. There are so many things to do, many smart things to find. This is the first open world game that I've truly wanted to explore. I love the fact that this game is huge, vast and vertical. The draw distance is the most impressive thing to me about this Zelda. If you are high enough in some areas, you can see clear across the entire map. That is amazing.

The thing about Zelda is the way things work....actually make sense. Like if you think of something, with the tools you have it makes sense that it works, but its still like "Wow I can't believe that actually worked" because so few games actually let you be creative in such a way.

There are plenty of open world sandbox games, but in zelda everything works like you think it would in your brain.

The world fits together and flows together like you think environments and worlds would and should.

One of the 1st thing I did when I started playing horzion after zelda was try to climb up a hill because it was inbetween the shortest distance for two points.... and got to the wall jump and was like "oh yeah, it does work like that..."

Going from hills, to bushes, to water to a cliff feel smooth and effortless in zelda, something other open world games have yet to really get right...

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Why the fukk is Destiny 2 on the list ?:laff:

edit: voted HZD but honestly it's a toss up between that Cuphead & AC:O

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The thing about Zelda is the way things work....actually make sense. Like if you think of something, with the tools you have it makes sense that it works, but its still like "Wow I can't believe that actually worked" because so few games actually let you be creative in such a way.

There are plenty of open world sandbox games, but in zelda everything works like you think it would in your brain.

The world fits together and flows together like you think environments and worlds would and should.

One of the 1st thing I did when I started playing horzion after zelda was try to climb up a hill because it was inbetween the shortest distance for two points.... and got to the wall jump and was like "oh yeah, it does work like that..."

Going from hills, to bushes, to water to a cliff feel smooth and effortless in zelda, something other open world games have yet to really get right...

This is a great way to put, it simply works. Like, even with weapons, you get to carry an ungodly amount of things but you are still tasked with the idea of conservation, save for a few items, then they just lose their power. So I would look at certain enemies, swap out weapons for what was actually needed. The idea of running around in a lighting storm with all that metal on and increasing the likelihood of shock was smart as well as the fact damn near anything with a wooden surface is flammable. Swing a torch at a fire source, it's now light, same with wooden weapons. Equip them in scorching climates, they disintegrate. My 3 year old son likes watching me play Zelda because of all the interesting things we can do. I found a blue horse, chased him and tried to jump on him, the horse was bucking left and right and kicked my ass off of it. Like, forreal though, no wild horse is just going to let you ride him like a Chuck E Cheese ride, lol. Again, the small things.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Voted Oddyssey but really wanted to vote P5 also.

Zelda is ass.
Horizon is ass depending on my mood. Today it's better than Zelda though.