The Legend of Korra

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Never watched the original Avator series so I didn't know it is rare for an Earth bender to become a metal bender. Korra picked it up very easily it seemed.

Actually Toph invented metalbending when she was 12, there were no other metal benders in the OG series besides her.

I dunno if it's that rare now since she founded the metalbending police (and presumably taught all of them), but I don't think most benders would be able to learn it without training.

But I think some of the stuff that was rare in the OG series isn't as rare now. For example lightning bending used to be very rare (Zuko wasn't even able to learn it) but now you got nyggas in factories doing it just as a job.

Daps
Reppin
Cali
My homie told me that the lavabender dude just compresses and spins the earth fast enough that it becomes lava, makes sense to me since I don't know shyt about that kind of stuff :manny:
Anybody know if there's truth to this? :lupe:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My homie told me that the lavabender dude just compresses and spins the earth fast enough that it becomes lava, makes sense to me since I don't know shyt about that kind of stuff :manny:
Anybody know if there's truth to this? :lupe:

makes sense to me breh :patrice:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
The last 2 eps were good, but I'm kinda gettin tired of Tenzin constantly being portrayed as an incompetent teacher. 1st he fails to teach Korra airbending, then he fails at teaching her to connect with the spirit world, now he's bad at teaching the new airbenders to be true airbenders.

Meelo was killing it with those air Kamehamehas.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
tumblr_n8xsnf3EeH1rdfsmyo3_500.gif

The GOAT

Daps
this shows still dope as hell but as of right now i think the the first avatar is still a little better... but well see huh:wtb:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Nick is taking this off tv after this week and it's going online. http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/07/23/nickelodeon-pulls-five-legend-of-korra-premieres/
It was only a matter of time…
Since its June 27 premiere, The Legend of Korra has been troubled with low ratings. From as high as 1.5 million on the first episode to as low as 1.1 million on the fourth and fifth episodes, it was only a matter of time before episodes were either rescheduled or pulled completely.
Now, the network has started pulling the episodes completely. After seven new episodes of Book Three’s 13 have aired, Nick has pulled one episode from this Friday as well as all four episodes from August 1 and 8.
Episode 8 “The Terror Within” is still airing this Friday at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).
No word on when (or where) the remaining five episodes will air. With a Comic-Con panel this Friday, we’ll likely find out pretty soon.
UPDATED 10:45PM: The good folks over at AvatarSpirit.net are reporting the news that Korra is likely on the move to digital platforms following this week’s 8th episode. More details will be released at Comic-Con, but co-creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino have posted on their Tumblr and Facebook pages to that effect.