The Legend of Korra

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Yah the 1st season of Korra had me feelin some type of way.

Amon was the perfect character. The way they ended him was lackluster though.
yeah could been the GOAT but they fuq Amon character and build in the worst way

Amon could been legend. i haven't watch any new season after that, it killed my vibe

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier

^^homeboy made a powerpoint out of anger

That powerpoint presentation:mjlol: It's all true! I didn't know the water bender really had lost her arms until other people talked about it. I just thought she was always in 'ready-mode', because when Katara was ready to really battle her arms would turn into water. But she really has no arms. She is hardcore! She needs to go up against Eska, who has all her body parts (that we know of) but is mentally insane. (Eska needs to go up against Opal first ;) )

The fact that Korra is not only about a woman of color (dark skinned Inuit), but also is filled to the rafters with strong women of many Asian-like ethnicities is something to think about. There may not be any black people -- but there aren't any white people (except maybe the redheaded chick who starred with Bolin in those 'movers'), either.

They also had the balls to have two main female characters talk to one another and not fight over a man. They even had a scene showing how freaked out a male character was. People talk about the Bechdel test all the time. The Legend of Korra blows most live shows out of the water with how often their female characters talk to one another (thought Avatar: The Last Airbender is probably still the gold standard when it comes to that, cartoon or live).

They had the balls to have a male character look up to a female character, and name her as his inspiration in life... and it come off as normal, instead of quota-meeting/political correctness. We don't have to be told Toph is bad-ass, we've seen how bad ass she is in action as a little girl and through her two daughters by two different unknown men (again, wow!). Her worthiness of being someone to emulate is real, not wedged in as a 'today's lesson'.

They had the balls to show us that people get old. They did it in ATLA, too; but how often do you see shows where female characters are allowed to age and still be worthy of respect even when their hair is gray, their back is bent, their skin is wrinkled? They didn't ship Zuko off on a bus, either, now that Iroh II exists. They showed the old man as an old man, not as quick as he used to be, but still bad ass.

They had the balls to give us villains who are more than just batshyt insane with no other purpose except evil for the sake of evil. The scene after Zaheer and the crew busted his old girlfriend out of jail was remarkable for how it turned four villains into people, too, who had lives beyond their mission to get Korra. Both Amon and Unalaaq also had motives beyond 'evil for the sake of evil', backstories that explained why they took the dangerous paths they did, and it showed. And the best part is that Korra was able to learn from them, in spite of their villain status. The insight she gained from them, and the ability to use such gifts for the sake of balance, is not insignificant. I don't know what Korra will learn from Zaheer and the rest of the Red Lotus, but it will be significant in her journey to becoming a full Avatar.

They had the balls to give us realistic family dynamics. It's easy to understand why Mako and Bolin's dad left home, and it wasn't because of a tragic background involving abuse. It's easy to understand why Lin and Suyin have issues with one another, and why Lin still has issues with Mom. It's easy to see why Bumi, Kya and Tenzin have their own tensions towards each other and towards their parents. The latter two family relationships are made richer because we saw their parents as children and teens, while we see their children as middle-aged adults. It is weird, but it works. Blanks have to be filled in. Those blanks sell the reality.

As for Nick not advertising Korra...................................... again, I ask, is it really Nick Mexico's fault for leaking, like, six episodes and forcing Nick to rush not only the other episodes but a hastily cobbled together trailer in order to catch up? Or was the fix in? They didn't handle the leak well at all, advertising wise. Not having the episodes up on their website -- and then bragging about it the week before last -- was worse. It was dirty. I still don't understand why they made that decision, cutting off fans who were hearing about it by word of mouth from actually viewing the new episoes legitimately. But I'd be lying to say I didn't enjoy seeing two Korras episodes a week 'elsewhere'.

Oh well, they claim that the other episodes are going to go digital next Friday. We'll see. I really hope this is not the end of the Avatar universe. It's one of the best things on television, and it would be a serious loss to lose it because of leaks and an unprepared network.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
yeah could been the GOAT but they fuq Amon character and build in the worst way

Amon could been legend. i haven't watch any new season after that, it killed my vibe

The second season suffers from some meh animation techniques, which I didn't really mind but a lot of the fandom did. It's worth it to slog through the first nine or ten episodes to get to the story of Wan, the first Avatar. Oh my god, the animation just shoots up to eleven and the story is really engaging. Everything falls into place. Seeing Iroh again is pretty cool, too, as is the journey in the mists. If you can find the second book of Korra, I'd watch it.

I agree that they shouldn't have killed off Amon. I can see why they did it, but he was worthy of being a long-haul villain instead of a one book only villain. I'd like to see more consequences of Amon's movement, to be honest. He had Republic City by the balls, that doesn't just fade away because his brother commits murder-suicide. Maybe they really could have started fresh elsewhere. There was that hope there, things could change when you have people around you who care about you instead of only wanting to use you; and then.......... poof.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
fukk Nick

The Good: http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/92735712934/book-3-moving-to-digital-release

Hey Korra Nation! Phew. Some of you may have heard versions of this news elsewhere, but here’s the official word. After this Friday’s on-air premiere of Episode 8 “The Terror Within” at 8/7c, all remaining Book 3 episodes will move to a digital rollout. That means two things: 1) Korra is NOT cancelled, 2) the remaining episodes will roll out weekly on Nick.com and the Nick app beginning August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu.

Thousands of you have been asking to watch this incredible show online, so hopefully this news works in your favor. Mike and Bryan created a breath-taking season for us all…so get ready to watch it all go down!!!

Thanks for being the BEST fans in the industry and see you at Comic-Con.

The Bad: saw over at IMDB that some folks at Nick are receiving death threats because of what is happening with Korra. That's not cool. People need to chill on that one.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Why do nikkas keep taking shots at Spongebob though? I know that's Nick's crutch at this point, but they have other shows on the network. Nick may still be living in 1990s with this Spongebob continuation though.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Now we going to wait idk how long for the new episodes, le sigh

I think there's still supposed to be one episode tonight, but other than that I dunno.

I'm sure we'll get the rest of Season 3 online (seeing as how it's already done) but I'm kinda worried that Season 4 will be cancelled. Gonna be mad if we don't get the final season.