The Legend of Korra

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps

One of the coldest moments in cartoon/anime history IMO :wow::wow:

Watching this scene play out the first time was just :whoo:

Amon was one of the trillest cats in the villain game perioid. Him taking peoples bending was like literally taking their soul. Their joy, their happiness, their essence just evaporated as he tainted benders. They couldn't go back to living regular life like nonbenders.

LOK season 3 can never top the first, it was probably the best avatar season period.

"It's time for you to be equalized"

:wow:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I actually think I liked Season 1 better than Season 2, if only because I found Amon to be a more interesting villian than Unalaq. That said the story of the first Avatar was pretty interesting.

We'll see what happens in Season 3. Old Zuko highly rumored to appear...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this show never had a chance breh...

Avatar might be the GOAT anime of my youth and all the people i know around me who watched it.

mos def GOAT american anime :manny:
The original cartoon was magical. That cast the whole thing just came together so well. This new series I just wanted something enjoyable and I got that. I never expect it to compare to the original series though especially with the cast it has.

I heard they're doing away with the romance. I don't see why they didn't just handle it like the OG series did. We all knew Aang and Katara liked each other but they didn't force it all in our faces. It was an accepted fact and the show moved on. All this angsty teen love problems shyt did was blow up in the writer's faces. Mako as a result of the romance's demise is now a completely worthless character as his whole point was just to be her dude anyway.

A good anime comparison:
Korra would be Gundam Seed Destiny. If you never saw either Destiny was a train wreck and while I still enjoyed it the writers started making compromises half way through. they started listening to the fans bellyaching and originally Gundam Seed Destiny had its own new cast with the Gundam Seed cast in a supporting role. Half way through Destiny the Gundam Seed cast because the main cast again and the Destiny characters went to the back.

I think Korra has the same problems Destiny had. The writers never really had a strict vision for where it was going. Hell Korra was only gonna be a one off season and then they decided to add 3 more randomly. It's clear at least from the first season that this entire thing wasn't planned out from start to finish. They're just making it up as they go along.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Season 1 >>>>> 2

Korra's character deserves better, the writers have done a terrible job with her. Mako is the worst...

Hopefully season 3 is better

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The original cartoon was magical. That cast the whole thing just came together so well. This new series I just wanted something enjoyable and I got that. I never expect it to compare to the original series though especially with the cast it has.

I heard they're doing away with the romance. I don't see why they didn't just handle it like the OG series did. We all knew Aang and Katara liked each other but they didn't force it all in our faces. It was an accepted fact and the show moved on. All this angsty teen love problems shyt did was blow up in the writer's faces. Mako as a result of the romance's demise is now a completely worthless character as his whole point was just to be her dude anyway.

A good anime comparison:
Korra would be Gundam Seed Destiny. If you never saw either Destiny was a train wreck and while I still enjoyed it the writers started making compromises half way through. they started listening to the fans bellyaching and originally Gundam Seed Destiny had its own new cast with the Gundam Seed cast in a supporting role. Half way through Destiny the Gundam Seed cast because the main cast again and the Destiny characters went to the back.

I think Korra has the same problems Destiny had. The writers never really had a strict vision for where it was going. Hell Korra was only gonna be a one off season and then they decided to add 3 more randomly. It's clear at least from the first season that this entire thing wasn't planned out from start to finish. They're just making it up as they go along.

You can't really fault the creators for not planning it out the same way the original series was. With the original, it was always planned to run for three seasons, so they could pace things appropriately.

With TLOK, it was originally only planned for one season and the writers had no idea if it would be renewed, so they wanted to wrap things up in the season finale in case they didn't get to do any more episodes. Had they ended Season 1 on a cliffhanger and Nickelodeon decided not to renew it, fans would be shytting bricks.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
You can't really fault the creators for not planning it out the same way the original series was. With the original, it was always planned to run for three seasons, so they could pace things appropriately.

With TLOK, it was originally only planned for one season and the writers had no idea if it would be renewed, so they wanted to wrap things up in the season finale in case they didn't get to do any more episodes. Had they ended Season 1 on a cliffhanger and Nickelodeon decided not to renew it, fans would be shytting bricks.
and thats why it sucks to me. they shoulda gave them nikkas 3 seasons off top... instead they were being flakey and cheap with the money. now i got this this cartoon that has amazing animation, compositions, design, and back story...but the actual story is half assed.

Daps
Reppin
Cali
Came in here thinking there'd be a season 3 trailer or something.
As for season 2, Korra was really annoying but I still found the story to be pretty interesting, definitely not better than season 1, by a long shot but I liked it for what it was.
Any word on Season 3 brehs? :sadcam:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Season one was absolutely phenomenal up until the episode after When Extremes Meet.
When Extremes Meet was such an amazingly tense episode and it brought out the full potential in Tarlock and provided a great twist for Korra's character and i didn't know if it could get any better. It didn't.
God they dropped the ball on the next episode and every episode after that, didn't even watch season two except for the Wan episodes that I didn't even like because of how piss ed season one made me.
And when I found out about all of the shyt that happened in season two in glad i didn't watch it.
Oh and Mako is the WOAT.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Legend Of Korra' Season 3 Release Date Rumors: 8 Things We Know About 'Book 3: Change' This Far [PHOTOS AND VIDEO]
By William Cannon | May 12 2014, 05:57PM EDT

legend-korra.jpg

The Legend of Korra Tumblr/Bryan Konietzko
Fans are still patiently waiting for any news regarding "The Legend of Korra" season three but so far it has been scarce. More than scarce actually it has been bone dry. But it got us thinking, what do we know about the season thus far? Well we've compiled a list of rumors and theories about the upcoming season.

Check out these 8 things we know about "The Legend of Korra" season three.

1. A few rumors popped up online revealing some pretty devestating info. The first of which suggested we would see the death of a beloved character in season three. The rumors said Katara, who had a more prominent role in "Avatar: The Last Airbender," will die in season three of Korra. As legitimacy goes this has no ground and makes no sense but you can't count anything out with this show. For pure shock value this could actually happen but with the show geared towards a younger audience it seems unlikely.

2. Another rumor released along the death of Katara that said we would be introduced to Zuko's daughter, the fire lord. Bryan Konietzko hinted at us seeing Zuko's daughter this season writing on his Tumblr blog, "There are women world leaders in the Avatar world during Korra's present: Zuko's daughter is the Fire Lord, and there is an Earth Queen ruling the Earth Kingdom."

3. Korra may face off against multiple villains this season as a leaked trailer showed her fighting against what appeared to be members of the White Lotus. Perhaps they lost their way and are no longer peacekeepers or it is just training for the Avatar.

4. Bryan Konietzko released a pictures of the "Book 3" villains on his Tumblr in color corrections.According to Morgan Bannon of Avatar the Last Airbender” Online he believes the mysterious photo alludes to the Council of Five from the Earth Kingdom Army.

5. This season will spend more time in the earth and fire kingdoms as we have not seen much of them in the past two seasons. Korra is said to learn more of Zuko's past from his daughter, the Fire Lord and she is seen fighting earth benders in the leaked trailer.

6. The trailer was very telling as we know Dragons are not extinct in this time and Korra will indeed meet one or perhaps she now owns one.

7. Season three is said to be focused on Korra dealing with the balance between the spirit world and the regular world. Early this year Konietzko shared a few pictures of Tenzin's daughter Jinora who we know is spiritually sensitive and it appears she will have a bigger role this season. Perhaps she will help maintain peace between the spirits and people.

8. Also revealed in pictures early this year was Lin Beifong. Noticably absent from season two of Korra Lin is said to have a more prominent role and we will learn a lot about her past including Toph's adult life and who Lin's father was.

'Legend Of Korra' Season 3 Release Date Rumors: 8 Things We Know About 'Book 3: Change' This Far [PHOTOS AND VIDEO]

I'd definitely be interested in seeing old Zuko (who would be in his late 80s) and perhaps his daughter (who would probably be around Tenzin's age). :lupe:

Can't see them killing off Katara...if they actually went through with that I'd be shocked.

Don't mind the idea of Lin having a bigger role ither.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I'm hoping for a better offering than the last two seasons. The best part of season 2 for me will always be Wan's story.

They're not really against it, though. They left the Zuko's mom mystery going til the end. The fans would've been in an uproar begging for more and in this new, more vocal world Nick most surely would've given it to them.

Korra has been terribly mishandled to me. The show and the character. I still tune in, though, hoping for something on the level of Beginnings 1 and 2.