The Legend of Korra

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I actually like Korra more than Aang in some ways, she's not as passive and doesn't try so hard to avoid fights.

Obviously she's not in the same situation as Aang since there's no war to stop, but I still think she's an interesting character. If I have any issue with LoK it's that the villains just aren't as interesting as they were in the original. Amon and Unalaq can't compare to Ozai/Azula/Early Zuko/Zhao/etc.

Amon started out cool but the reveal of his identity was completely anticlimactic and his backstory was :yawn:.

Unalaq was just a generic evil :trash: character with no believable motive.

Hopefully the Season 3 villains are interesting. If nothing else Zuko is showing up this season so that's something to look forward to.

IMO I think she needs more character development or there just needs to be a better antagonist to push her. Again this is just my opinion. The show needs a bigger threat; in the original Avatar show the fire nation was the biggest threat that they wiped a whole people. The show needs a threat like that.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You don't understand how piff this show was in the beginning :lawd: I was a fan off the get go because I'd watched the original series since it's premiere.
It was a constant onslaught of new development and good characters and bending techniques and political machinations, Amon was in the fast track to surpass Ozai and even Azula as a villain and Tarlock was pure :damn:
And then you get the episode "When Extremes Meet" and you're like how can this show get any better that was pure ducking unadulterated amazing :mindblown:
And you're right because the show goes on one of the biggest drops in quality that I've seen and becomes trash. Never seen anything like it, I was physically disgusted watching the season one finale.

They should have keep the political stuff(and other real world things) out. Didn't like how they added the industrial real in. The Legend of Korra reminds me of the Fable video game series if you catch my drift.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
IMO I think she needs more character development or there just needs to be a better antagonist to push her. Again this is just my opinion. The show needs a bigger threat; in the original Avatar show the fire nation was the biggest threat that they wiped a whole people. The show needs a threat like that.
Amon and Tarlock were that threat :lawd: they had political machinations and swag leaking out there buttcheeks Imagine if the writer's actually had Korra contemplate her place in the modern world as the Avatar and how she fits into the industrial world where political influence is the real powered and why she and the other benders were actually fighting against Amon because this was never addressed and the destructiveness that bending brings to this world which with her harshness was apart of and then actually address the oppression of non benders which never happened.
From episode one of the series season one was aboit the political and ideological conflict between Am on and Korra but the show never fulfilled its promise.
They should have keep the political stuff(and other real world things) out. Didn't like how they added the industrial real in. The Legend of Korra reminds me of the Fable video game series if you catch my drift.
The political stuff was the perfect progression from Avatar The Last Airbender and the technology was pretty great until it started getting inconsistent and they had robots and shyt.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

I think the setting is holding the show back as well.

Republic city never feels alive. They showed inklings of it being kind of alive in the beginning with the Triads but then scaled it down to just the characters they wanted to focus on.

I agree with your point about the threat. The fire nation was a threat to everyone, everywhere and it was felt. I hate comparing it to ATLA but yeah.
Amon and Tarlock were that threat :lawd: they had political machinations and swag leaking out there buttcheeks Imagine if the writer's actually had Korra contemplate her place in the modern world as the Avatar and how she fits into the industrial world where political influence is the real powered and why she and the other benders were actually fighting against Amon because this was never addressed and the destructiveness that bending brings to this world which with her harshness was apart of and then actually address the oppression of non benders which never happened.
From episode one of the series season one was aboit the political and ideological conflict between Am on and Korra but the show never fulfilled its promise.

The political stuff was the perfect progression from Avatar The Last Airbender and the technology was pretty great until it started getting inconsistent and they had robots and shyt.

Mannn, some people had some great theories about how the show could've delved deeper into that. I need to fnd them and read them again but I know they just made me more disappointed.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps

Republic city never feels alive. They showed inklings of it being kind of alive in the beginning with the Triads but then scaled it down to just the characters they wanted to focus on.

I agree with your point about the threat. The fire nation was a threat to everyone, everywhere and it was felt. I hate comparing it to ATLA but yeah.

Mannn, some people had some great theories about how the show could've delved deeper into that. I need to fnd them and read them again but I know they just made me more disappointed.
Amon felt as real of a threat as the fire nation to me.
Swag off the charts.
And then you know what happened.

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that bad bish is bak on the 27th :banderas:
Korra_Book3_DarkHorse_cover_06_19_14.jpg

b06.gif

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I actually like Korra more than Aang in some ways, she's not as passive and doesn't try so hard to avoid fights.

Obviously she's not in the same situation as Aang since there's no war to stop, but I still think she's an interesting character. If I have any issue with LoK it's that the villains just aren't as interesting as they were in the original. Amon and Unalaq can't compare to Ozai/Azula/Early Zuko/Zhao/etc.

Amon started out cool but the reveal of his identity was completely anticlimactic and his backstory was :yawn:.

Unalaq was just a generic evil :trash: character with no believable motive.

Hopefully the Season 3 villains are interesting. If nothing else Zuko is showing up this season so that's something to look forward to.
Started out cool is an understatement. Amon was THAT nikka in the beginning and Turlok was That nikka Jr. I don't think his reveal was that bad, just not fully developed.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps

You know it's bad when the fan theories that were floating around were ten times better then what the actual writers came up with.
If the spirits hated humans so much (which was a poorly executed plot point) then why couldn't they have really gifted Amon with his powers and that could serve as a lead into season two :mindblown:
There were so many good fan theories.
And on a completely unrelated note Mako is trash.