The Legend of Korra

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Since Korra lost her connection to the previous avatars, she cannot go to the avatar state anymore correct?

No. She still can enter the Avatar state without any connection to the previous avatars that is because she has connection with Rava. The convergence with the light spirit which is Rava is what an avater needs to enter the avatar state.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
I hope in season 3 we can get to see Bolin and Mako master their bending skills. Maximizing their bending skills will be an ultimate benefit to team Avatar. Also, now that Korra had a built a bridge between the physical and spiritual world, I wonder if Iroh can emerge into the physical world to join team Avatar..:patrice:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Korra aint slick, this heffa lazy as fukk. Ole girl been slacking on her spirit training the entire season,l a 9 year old puts in more work. When the option to restore balance presents itself, to make her once again th bridge between the mortal/spirit world, she lets the flood gates open. That way she doesnt have to do any work :youngsabo: She's officially the worst avatar ever :russ: My nikka said "Korra just be yourself" And the bytch said, "Okay :troll:"

Forreal, she got handled by a regular water bender with a high spirit energy time after time, even in the avatar state. Aang would've never let that happen, Roku would've handled ol boy with relative ease, and Wan would've threw them spirits on dude.

Jinora descending says everything about Korra as the Avatar.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
She is the worst Avatar ever, but she comes back from her defeats in a pinch. And lets be honest. The firelord in the first series ain't fukking with a damn Dark Demon Spirit! Her main villains are a lot tougher for her. Blood benders? Dark Demon Spirits? I'm surprised she is still alive!

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finale was ok, but damn korra is beyond ass at bending. bytch let rava get snatched right outta her. :dahell:

That part of the fight was dope, tho. Those back handsprings into earth bending, pushing herself in the air was :banderas:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
She is the worst Avatar ever, but she comes back from her defeats in a pinch. And lets be honest. The firelord in the first series ain't fukking with a damn Dark Demon Spirit! Her main villains are a lot tougher for her. Blood benders? Dark Demon Spirits? I'm surprised she is still alive!

Blood Bender

Energy Bender

Dark Demon Spirit

Demonic Twins-Ensa and Eska

Life as an Avatar is hell for Korra :bryan:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Korra is back :blessed:, after a slow start to Season 2 episodes since the Avatar Wan origin story have been awesome. Can't wait until the finale this weekend or tomorrow :smugfavre:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finale was dope to me, show is gorgeous to watch in HD.

Korra going supersize and taking on Vatu was cool.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
The show suffers for me because none of the major fights ever feel as epic as they did in the The Last Airbender. That is mainly because none of them appear to be masters at their bending. Not even Tenzin who should be the master airbender yet we hardly ever see him use it. Did he even have a fight in season 2? Bolin and Mako are decent, and Bolin appears to be better at earth bending than Mako is at fire bending his shyt just comes off as random.

In Aangs crew, Toph, Zuko, Katorra were damn near unfukkwitable at bending. Then we had appearance by the likes of Bumi, Iroh etc... and the opposing gang of Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee who were masters of their own crafts. Anytime a battle presented itself it was damn near some epic shyt amongst those cast of characters and I feel like that is what this series is missing.

All in all though, a strong finish, I thought he battle prior to Rava getting snatched was better than the final battle but both were good. From the Wan episodes to the end this season finished pretty strong.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What's the best cartoon after Avatar The Last Airbender? - Page 2 - NeoGAF
I think people severely overrate season 1 of Korra. True, it doesn't shyt itself until the grand finale unlike season 2 that just wallows in it's own filth beginning to end. But the fact is that you have to take the season as a whole, not segment out individual moments that might have been good if things had gone another way. So, in the end, Amon talked a good game, but turned out to be a pathetic hypocrite defeated by the dumbest plan Korra could come up with, Bolin has no reason to exist, Mako is like if he was written by a deranged fangirl who insists Zuko should have ended up with Katara, and Korra ends up a very unlikable protagonists that gets powers she never earns for no reason. Tenzin is utterly useless as a mentor, and this even continues into season 2. Asami is the only character that we can even remotely argue was well written. At the time, we forgave that stuff because we assumed it'd lead to something better, but it never did.
Damn man this dude straight up bodied this show. I still like it as a show but that's only because I judge it on its own merits and don't compare it to Avatar The Last Airbender. Once you do that it turns to rubbish.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL