The Legend of Korra

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Dudes slinging mud at Itachi now?!?! :scust:

Fyi... I'm doing a LoK/TLA binge watch right now. I actually started with Korra then went to TLA after. I think it's more fun first time watching in that order just so you can connect shyt that happened in Korra to the OG show like its a "prequel ". Like when dude told Toph Beifong "not even you can bend metal!!" Im just sitting there like "heh"

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They confirmed it? Where?

I knew Korra was a bit overly manly but I didn't know it was intentional.
Yeah it was confirmed.
http://mikedimartinostory.com/2014/12/22/korrasami-confirmed/
Our intention with the last scene was to make it as clear as possible that yes, Korra and Asami have romantic feelings for each other. The moment where they enter the spirit portal symbolizes their evolution from being friends to being a couple. Many news outlets, bloggers, and fans picked up on this and didn’t find it ambiguous. For the most part, it seems like the point of the scene was understood and additional commentary wasn’t really needed from Bryan or me. But in case people were still questioning what happened in the last scene, I wanted to make a clear verbal statement to complement the show’s visual one

It wasn't intentional. The intended romance was Mako and Korra. Fans didn't like it so they scrapped it and randomly came up with the idea for the lesbian romance as they continued making the show. they put "subtle" hints into the show about it until that last scene where it was full blown confirmed.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ugh

The gay agenda strikes again.

Yet still no black people. :snoop:
I'd argue that Korra is a person of color. She has brown skin. Other characters have brown skin but this is a fictional show that doesn't take place on our earth so how would one define a "black" person in that case? A person with brown skin right?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I'd argue that Korra is a person of color. She has brown skin. Other characters have brown skin but this is a fictional show that doesn't take place on our earth so how would one define a "black" person in that case? A person with brown skin right?
Just look at their hair and you can tell they aren't black lol.

They are at most Indian/darker asian.

It's whatever at this point.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My problem with the whole Korrasami bullshyt is they weren't lesbians. These are two heterosexual characters they retconned as lesbians.

Why couldn't they just be two girls that fought over a guy and both got over him and became friends? Or why couldn't they have just been lesbians from the start? It comes across to me as tacky pandering to homosexual people and very poorly done. If I was gay I'd find it insulting that they basically pandered to the fanbase by taking two characters who were straight and changing them to gay. I mean you're supposedly supposed to be born gay right? Why'd they ever fight over Mako then?

So yeah I don't have a problem with Korrasami as a couple as much as I have an issue with how it came about. The show damn near turned into Grey's Anatomy. Most of the characters in Team Avatar have fukked each other at some point. Why does it need to be like that? Same type of deal with Naruto at the end. All the shipping and pairing detracts from the actual ending.

Blackout

Daps
My problem with the whole Korrasami bullshyt is they weren't lesbians. These are two heterosexual characters they retconned as lesbians.

Why couldn't they just be two girls that fought over a guy and both got over him and became friends? Or why couldn't they have just been lesbians from the start? It comes across to me as tacky pandering to homosexual people and very poorly done. If I was gay I'd find it insulting that they basically pandered to the fanbase by taking two characters who were straight and changing them to gay. I mean you're supposedly supposed to be born gay right? Why'd they ever fight over Mako then?

So yeah I don't have a problem with Korrasami as a couple as much as I have an issue with how it came about. The show damn near turned into Grey's Anatomy. Most of the characters in Team Avatar have fukked each other at some point. Why does it need to be like that? Same type of deal with Naruto at the end. All the shipping and pairing detracts from the actual ending.
I have no issue with Nauruto tho. Pairing is natural and should be expected. I mean Naruto left hints and wrapped it up naturaly as a look into the future bonus.

My issue is like you said how random the pairing in Korra came to be.

It had 0 lead up and just came in like the whole Dumbledore is gay crap.

I don't know if they did it for shock value but it sucked.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have no issue with Nauruto tho. Pairing is natural and should be expected. I mean Naruto left hints and wrapped it up naturaly as a look into the future bonus.

My issue is like you said how random the pairing in Korra came to be.

It had 0 lead up and just came in like the whole Dumbledore is gay crap.

I don't know if they did it for shock value but it sucked.
Naruto spent the entire last chapter showing people's kids and couples instead of showing what became of the world itself. Instead of showing what type of hokage the leaf had leading it. I would have rather had a final chapter showing g the last hokage's coronation. or even Naruto and Sasuke meeting back up and seeing each other fir the first time in many years and talking about the state of the world.

Instead we got kids and couples.

Blackout

Daps
Naruto spent the entire last chapter showing people's kids and couples instead of showing what became of the world itself. Instead of showing what type of hokage the leaf had leading it. I would have rather had a final chapter showing g the last hokage's coronation. or even Naruto and Sasuke meeting back up and seeing each other fir the first time in many years and talking about the state of the world.

Instead we got kids and couples.
Well it looks like the issue is laziness and not the parings lol.

It was like Kishi just wanted to wrap it up without putting the full finishing touches.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
He just called Itachi a bytch :gladbron:
You gon take that breh? :usure:

:lolbron:
fukk that nikka. Itachi had entire villages shook. That nikka would be the Fire GAWD in Avatar verse.

Plus imagine Aang trying that non-violent shyt on him.

That nikka a bytch anyway. He aint on shyt, but fukk it. I agree to disagree.:yeshrug:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
images

:shaq::mjlol::takedat:

I dont know how I feel on the NAruto hate. Take a look at Itachi UCHIGAWD and see the best character ever. :blessed:

He murked his whole clan damn near single handed. :mjcry:

He had Kakashi the 6th hokage fukking shook:mjlol:. nikka talking about how did I think I could stop Itachi alone.:sadbron:

Itachi by his self makes them A-tier. When you look at indiviaul characters, the story is great. I think the problem was Sausake punk ass:pachaha::scust::camby:

yea I should have rephrased that

NARUTOS and SAKURAS motivations personally are TRASH and geet way too much shine

but characters like the Uchihas, Oro, Pain etc are all great individually

and then there are the in betweens like Kakashi and Jiraiya

Sauce has better motivatin than Naruto, the most interesting thing about Narutos life was before he was born :skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yea I should have rephrased that

NARUTOS and SAKURAS motivations personally are TRASH and geet way too much shine

but characters like the Uchihas, Oro, Pain etc are all great individually

and then there are the in betweens like Kakashi and Jiraiya

Sauce has better motivatin than Naruto, the most interesting thing about Narutos life was before he was born :skip:
the better characters in Naruto suffered far too little screen time.