winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think it high time we call this series what it is, both parts

the greatest american adventure cartoon of all time
That's not a complement. most American cartoons don't aspire to be narrative heavy world building serial stories. Many of them are episodic in nature. Basically its not like Avatar has any real competition. It also came to the game trying to mimic the style of anime.

The original series I'd put it on par with the better animes I've seen. Korra is on par with C tier anime. I think the first season of Korra had so much potential. It instead ended up aimlessly wandering around like a chicken with it's head cut off for most of the rest of it's run. The ending of the series while action packed was a huge disappointment narrative wise. Korra never really had a destination. It wasn't building towards anything in particular.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
That's not a complement. most American cartoons don't aspire to be narrative heavy world building serial stories. Many of them are episodic in nature. Basically its not like Avatar has any real competition. It also came to the game trying to mimic the style of anime.

The original series I'd put it on par with the better animes I've seen. Korra is on par with C tier anime. I think the first season of Korra had so much potential. It instead ended up aimlessly wandering around like a chicken with it's head cut off for most of the rest of it's run. The ending of the series while action packed was a huge disappointment narrative wise. Korra never really had a destination. It wasn't building towards anything in particular.

what homegrown cartoon would u put above the avatar universe breh? and I wouldnt throw in any seinen or shojo to the conversation but compared to paper thin stories like narutoverse or the db universe I would definitely give the avatar world the narrative edge... what jap cartoon do you think has a better or as complex storyline as the1st 3rd and 4th season of korra? please dont mention anything like death note or code geass to prove your point im talking about a cartoon that had to put restrictions on its violence and adult undertones yet still managed to come off as mature and profound as this... i dont think youll find any as japanese audiences are allowed more leeway since anime is seen as a legit form of story telling over there... you would never find a story like fma brotherhood on nick or disney cuz america is p*ssy

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
please dont mention anything like death note or code geass to prove your point im talking about a cartoon that had to put restrictions on its violence and adult undertones yet still managed to come off as mature and profound as this... i dont think youll find any as japanese audiences are allowed more leeway since anime is seen as a legit form of story telling over there... you would never find a story like fma brotherhood on nick or disney cuz america is p*ssy
You're limiting the scope of the argument in an attempt to force your argument to be correct. The fact that Korra was a kids show on a kids network and it had limits on what it could do doesn't make it better than anime because they have freedom. If you're gonna compare something then either compare it straight up or don't compare it at all.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
You're limiting the scope of the argument in an attempt to force your argument to be correct. The fact that Korra was a kids show on a kids network and it had limits on what it could do doesn't make it better than anime because they have freedom. If you're gonna compare something then either compare it straight up or don't compare it at all.

so the phrase apples and oranges means nothing to you? whats next were gonna compare the continuity of game of thrones and modern family? :camby:

I was saying if your gonna compare it to anime it has to be something in the same vein, but honestly even shyt like shippuden has what would be considered 'graphic' violence in the states for its target audience of 14-17 year old kids... look at what they did to kai, and in many cases the violence in anime is central to the direction of the story and motivations... Im just saying korra did something thats never been done before, but I really would like to hear your opinion I know you got above average knowledge on the subject

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Last episode seemed weird with only two of them going into the spirit world. Thought they would of included the other two.

Last edited:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
what homegrown cartoon would u put above the avatar universe breh? and I wouldnt throw in any seinen or shojo to the conversation but compared to paper thin stories like narutoverse or the db universe I would definitely give the avatar world the narrative edge... what jap cartoon do you think has a better or as complex storyline as the1st 3rd and 4th season of korra? please dont mention anything like death note or code geass to prove your point im talking about a cartoon that had to put restrictions on its violence and adult undertones yet still managed to come off as mature and profound as this... i dont think youll find any as japanese audiences are allowed more leeway since anime is seen as a legit form of story telling over there... you would never find a story like fma brotherhood on nick or disney cuz america is p*ssy
images

:shaq::mjlol::takedat:

I dont know how I feel on the NAruto hate. Take a look at Itachi UCHIGAWD and see the best character ever. :blessed:

He murked his whole clan damn near single handed. :mjcry:

He had Kakashi the 6th hokage fukking shook:mjlol:. nikka talking about how did I think I could stop Itachi alone.:sadbron:

Itachi by his self makes them A-tier. When you look at indiviaul characters, the story is great. I think the problem was Sausake punk ass:pachaha::scust::camby:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so the phrase apples and oranges means nothing to you? whats next were gonna compare the continuity of game of thrones and modern family? :camby:

I was saying if your gonna compare it to anime it has to be something in the same vein, but honestly even shyt like shippuden has what would be considered 'graphic' violence in the states for its target audience of 14-17 year old kids... look at what they did to kai, and in many cases the violence in anime is central to the direction of the story and motivations... Im just saying korra did something thats never been done before, but I really would like to hear your opinion I know you got above average knowledge on the subject
I would love to see more american made cartoons attempt to tackle a more serious narrative like the Avatar series did. The Avatar series walked the line between kid and adult better than almost any show I've ever seen anime included. Still doesn't change the fact that it was held back by its requirements to pander to children. For example Korra and Asami's romance was so subtle I didn't notice it until they hit us over the head with it. I just thought they were close friends the whole time. If theyu didn't have to pander to American values as much they could have been like Neptune and Uranus from Sailor Moon.
tumblr_nh2j42F0Qs1tibkx1o2_500.jpg

If anything the existence and success of such a series proves that there is a market for serial narrative driven series not tied into Marvel of DC comics characters. It's a shame a show like Wakfu that's in a similar style to Avatar can't even get on American TV and has to basically be Netflix only.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Naruto>>>>>>all
Did you actually finish the Naruto Manga. It fell apart especially towards the end. The whole thing became a giant train wreck that people were so long invested in they finished it not because they liked where it went but because it had been so long they had to see it through.

Naruto as a series doesn't manage to create even one compelling villain that they either don't transform into a soft ass well intentioned extremist or doesn't completely neuter like they did Orochimaru. Let's also be real about it Naruto has a very mediocre ending that's more focused with shipping couples than addressing the state of the world it built as a series.

Avatar even with it's botched ending is better than Naruto. Naruto is on the same level of Bleach without all the fukkery and author trolling.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Did you actually finish the Naruto Manga. It fell apart especially towards the end. The whole thing became a giant train wreck that people were so long invested in they finished it not because they liked where it went but because it had been so long they had to see it through.

Naruto as a series doesn't manage to create even one compelling villain that they either don't transform into a soft ass well intentioned extremist or doesn't completely neuter like they did Orochimaru. Let's also be real about it Naruto has a very mediocre ending that's more focused with shipping couples than addressing the state of the world it built as a series.

Avatar even with it's botched ending is better than Naruto. Naruto is on the same level of Bleach without all the fukkery and author trolling.

I know what you saying, but the characters of Naruto were better than Avatar. Itachi>>>>>

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I know what you saying, but the characters of Naruto were better than Avatar. Itachi>>>>>
Itachi is garbage. When he was a villain he was one of my favorite characters. When they revealed that he was some misunderstood petty pawn that murdered his own family because he was ordered to not due to his own ambition how can anybody respect him as a character anymore is beyond me. Avatar has actual villains. Zaheer > any villain in Naruto and he was in just one season of Avatar.

Toph, Sokka, Bolin , Zuko, Tenzin, Lin are all better than the core cast of Naturo. Hell Naruto's best characters like Neji and Shikamaru and the principal characters of Naturo, Sasuke, and Sakura as iconic as they might have become aren't very likable and are often annoying.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Itachi is garbage. When he was a villain he was one of my favorite characters. When they revealed that he was some misunderstood petty pawn that murdered his own family because he was ordered to not due to his own ambition how can anybody respect him as a character anymore is beyond me. Avatar has actual villains. Zaheer > any villain in Naruto and he was in just one season of Avatar.

Toph, Sokka, Bolin , Zuko, Tenzin, Lin are all better than the core cast of Naturo. Hell Naruto's best characters like Neji and Shikamaru and the principal characters of Naturo, Sasuke, and Sakura as iconic as they might have become aren't very likable and are often annoying.
fukk outta here. I dont know anime. But Itachi is my boy. Itachi would solo everyone on Avatar.