The Legend of Korra

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I really wish they had another series after this with the new Avatar. Those spiritual meetings with Korra would most definitely be emotional.

Aang as child was the closest to "Godliness" out of all the Avatars we've seen. Literally child-like, always forgiving and had a pure heart. This is why I wanna see an arc of him as an adult whilst he was raising his kids. They spoke on how he wasn't the greatest of dads so I think it would be interesting to see where it fell apart.
I think he had that Goku syndrome. He was prolly so worried about other people that he forgot about his kids.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Man someone at a big gaming company need to come up with a REAL Avatar game. shyt should be rated M and all that.
EXACTLY!! With an actual bending system. Not just a mash up game. Im gonna post the idea that I wrote it :blackye: I write out a lot of blueprints for different things, that I wouldn't normally post, but why not ? This is the concise version I've sent to my friends, I keep the ultra detailed one in my stash. It would need the right budget, and it would be dope for Square Enix to do it.

In a distant future, Avatars are criminalized and labeled fugitives. Every time an Avatar is reincarnated they are frozen for their entire lives. There is one nation of benders, mind controlled by an evil dictator. He knows the only one that can stop them is the Avatar. His goal is total world dominance and he invented a time machine to change the events of the past to lead up to a distorted future. With each Avatar that they find. They kidnap them and experiment on them. After years of extracting they managed how to separate raava and vaatu, and created a new evil avatar that they sent back in time (conscience and spirit) to end the life of each The Avatar's of the past, and erasing the deeds that they've done.

The main protagonist is an Avatar that has managed to escape from the facility and outruns the governments benders, and hides in a Warehouse basement. Where he meets an inventor (outcast by the government for not agreeing with their plans) who knows of the governments plan and wants to stop it. His plan is to stop the Dark Avatar from ever being created, thus reverting all of the damage its caused, but first the dark avatar has to be captured and defeated.

Book 1

He sends the new Avatar Taio back into Kyoshi's time period first. To re defeat the Chin The Conqueror and to master Earthbending from Kyoshi.

Book 2

Then to Roku's time to master firebending and defeat Roku's enemies. And master firebending from Roku.

Book 3
Then to Aangs time to battle The Dai Li, Hama Azula, and Ozai. And to free Ba Sing Se and to master Airbending from Aang

Book 4
To master Waterbending
Then to Korra's time to battle Amon, Unalaq, Zaheer and Kuvira.
And to master Waterbending from Korra

Book 5
Back to present time to destroy the Dark Avatar before he leaves and to bring peace and balance to the world.

Bending should be used with buttons for kicking and punching.

As well as analog for "creative bending" or "free bending"

With each book past, you get the wisdom of an Avatar life, so they can help you through situations

Bending gets stronger as you go on.

Spiritual Projection for spying missions.

Help from supportive characters along the way. (Sokka, Katara, Toph, Mako, Bolin, Asami, Appa, Naga)

Minor missions and Major Missions.

Open World Environment

Boss Battles

Kyoshi Warriors (no bending)

Chin The Conqueror (earth only)

Sozin (fire and earth)

Zuko (fire and air and earth)

Azula

Ozai

Amon (all elements)

Unalaq

Zaheer

Kuvira

De Sing - Powerful Waterbender

Jade - Powerful firebender

Keno- Powerful Airbender

Sato- Powerful Earthbender

Dark Avatar- Final Boss

Wakes up with his memory to a changed future that only he and the inventor remember.

New Game + (Master Avatar Mode)

• Dap
Reactions: EA

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
@ModernFonzie the premise of your game has elements of the first Assassin's Creed (Denzel looking at his ancestors in order to learn for the present), Jet Li's The One & a time travel movie that's name escapes me right now. I would play that :myman:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
@ModernFonzie the premise of your game has elements of the first Assassin's Creed (Denzel looking at his ancestors in order to learn for the present), Jet Li's The One & a time travel movie that's name escapes me right now. I would play that :myman:

I think the difference is that we'd relive a lot of moments we already know, and we wouldn't be playing as Aang or any of the other ancestors. We'd be our own Avatar, just trying to undo the damage that has been done. It would be a dope game though, with the right combat system it would be :wow:

Learning the elements from Avatars of the past :wow:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I think the difference is that we'd relive a lot of moments we already know, and we wouldn't be playing as Aang or any of the other ancestors. We'd be our own Avatar, just trying to undo the damage that has been done. It would be a dope game though, with the right combat system it would be :wow:

Learning the elements from Avatars of the past :wow:

Assuming it would be a Sandbox type game, having the same fighting mechanics as the Batman games and Sleeping Dogs would be best IMO. Have the triggers as combat modifiers to allow bending combos to be used as well as having standard combos that grow as the character/game progresses. Kinda like how moves evolved over time in Shenmue.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Yo can we please talk about the work that Bolin put in. Most Improved Player award goes to him. When he lifted the big ass building to help everyone get out. Pushing the skyscraper over with the Beifongs. Finally utilizing that lava bending more with the lava shuriken. :salute:

The fight between Kuvira and Korra was sick, but how come Kuvira wasnt as creative this time when fighting Korra? The first time they fought, she had all the little tricks that helped her win, albeit against a weakened Korra, but still. This time she just went head on into the fight. Korra was the one showing more creativity with her bending.

I dont think Kuvira would have gave up that easily. She whole heartedly believed in her cause to the point that she was willing to sacrifice a person that she loved. For her to just turn a complete 180 doesnt seem plausible to me. She would have fought to the death for her cause.
Asami's look as she was ejected out of the mech. :mjcry:

And Korrasami... i thought it would never happen.

funny_scissoring_scissor_me_timbers_poster-p228960809835344000t5ta_400.jpg
My nikka Bolin had dat Lava destructo disk :wow:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Assuming it would be a Sandbox type game, having the same fighting mechanics as the Batman games and Sleeping Dogs would be best IMO. Have the triggers as combat modifiers to allow bending combos to be used as well as having standard combos that grow as the character/game progresses. Kinda like how moves evolved over time in Shenmue.
Exactly, spot on.

I think flowing through the bending smoothly would be important to. Air Bender Launch --> Water Bending Grapple --> Earth Bender Rock Throw --> Fire Bender Blast. And being able to use the things in your environment to your advantage would ideal. Only waterbending when you have water and stuff like that. I think an open world game would be the only way too, exploring each time period, and adding collectibles along the way would be amazing. Could you imagine battling against someone like Ozai, in that same setting as it happened in TLA, :blackbands: or a fight against Kuvira's precision bending :whew:

• Dap
Reactions: EA

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Exactly, spot on.

I think flowing through the bending smoothly would be important to. Air Bender Launch --> Water Bending Grapple --> Earth Bender Rock Throw --> Fire Bender Blast. And being able to use the things in your environment to your advantage would ideal. Only waterbending when you have water and stuff like that. I think an open world game would be the only way too, exploring each time period, and adding collectibles along the way would be amazing. Could you imagine battling against someone like Ozai, in that same setting as it happened in TLA, :blackbands: or a fight against Kuvira's precision bending :whew:

:wow: fukk Platinum Games for that trash they released. They need real fans of the series and gaming on board like you and everyone else in this thread.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
:wow: fukk Platinum Games for that trash they released. They need real fans of the series and gaming on board like you and everyone else in this thread.
I think the problem is that it's under Nickelhodeon. They have to make it child like. Even though LOK clearly wasn't a children show, they wanted to treat it like one.

I tried to love that game :mjcry: and it was fun for a little while, but I think the LOK storyline is far too complex to dumb it down the way they did.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I think the problem is that it's under Nickelhodeon. They have to make it child like. Even though LOK clearly wasn't a children show, they wanted to treat it like one.

I tried to love that game :mjcry: and it was fun for a little while, but I think the LOK storyline is far too complex to dumb it down the way they did.

The storyline being watered down wouldn't have been too bad if they gave us gameplay reminiscent of Bayonetta like we were all hoping. Instead, they gave us a rushed, scaled down combat system that got repetitive after like 30 minutes.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
:shaq2: damn thats it?
Maybe im getting older or something but didnt feel this series finale at all. And i dont see how LOK is fukking with TLA at all:ld:. But i see you brehs in here loved this ish so ill refrain from the hate. Hope they come back with more Avatar series one day. Too much of my childhood is ending:to:
Avatar is done Korra is the last Avatar... i forgot what season but her link with the past avatars are gone and from what i heard it also cuts any chance for a new one.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
The storyline being watered down wouldn't have been too bad if they gave us gameplay reminiscent of Bayonetta like we were all hoping. Instead, they gave us a rushed, scaled down combat system that got repetitive after like 30 minutes.
Pretty much this. I was excited for the release too. I think the series as a whole got mishandled, and that all goes back to Nickelodeon wanting to maintain a certain standard.

You're telling me that even at the height of TLA with all the fan support, hype and acclaim it received, that there was NO TLA game worth mentioning? No H2H a la the DBZ Budokai series?

That's not a coincidence. That Nickelodeon limiting how far they'll let TLK/LOK go.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Avatar is done Korra is the last Avatar... i forgot what season but her link with the past avatars are gone and from what i heard it also cuts any chance for a new one.
Korra isn't the last Avatar. Korra is the last Avatar that will have had a connection to her past lives because Raava was destroyed. There will be another Avatar after Korra, but he/she will only be able to connect with Korra .