The Legend of Korra

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
That, and she's come some far emotionally from the first season to the last. I remember when it looked like she was ready to commit suicide in the first season. Like her life had no purpose. I think Season 4, served more as epilogue, and when you look at it that way, it all makes sense. Think back to the ending of season 3, when it ended with Korra just crying. Appearing fragile and broken, and you think about this season, more than anything it was about growth for her. Every season we got a different Korra, and I think that in itself shows the realism of the series. Season one she was assertive and cocky and it ended with her almost killing herself, but having a better appreciation for her spritual connections once she got them back. Season two she was disloyal to a fault, when she left Tenzin to train under Unalaq, ended up losing her connection with Raava too. Season 3 she was almost DESTROYED by Zaheer, and Season 4 she put it all together. She's patient, and compassionate. Yet assertive and vicious when the moment calls for it. She's perfectly balanced now, hence the Book title "Balance". They all took something from her. Amon took her bending and confidence. Unalaq and Vatuu took her connection with her past lives. Zaheer took her physical nature, and state of mind. And by the time she got to Kuvira, she knew how to handle the situation perfectly. As far as growth of a character goes, I haven't seen it handled too much better than it was with Korra. All those losses she took over the course of the series, were indirect wins, and it helped her save the world, and herself.

I couldn't have said it any better. Each hardship she faced enabled her to empathise with each following issue on a more discerning level. Although, I wouldn't say she displayed disloyalty in Season 2, I looked at is as she was so desperate to become more in touch with her spiritual side after going through the trauma of losing her bending that she blindly followed Unalaq because he offered her the most effective way of becoming a spiritual master.

True, but Aang ahd to deal with everyone he ever knew being dead at the age of 13. He was a younging and he still ahd to deal with that L.
Plus Korra had plenty of back up. If worst came to worst, the Fire Nation, Water Tribes, and White LOtus had Korra's back. In ATLA, Aang just had a :flabbynsick: water tribe, Earth kingdom, and no air nation.

Aang was able to find solace in everyone that taught him how to bend so in way, he created a new family as he grew up. They were there by his side through all the difficult moments so he was able to still feel vulnerable. Korra literally kept taking L's in ways that no one could relate to her.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
How would you guys feel if Korra got a comic series. What should be the main focus?:ohhh:

I don't know :patrice: the TLA/LOK universe is about people creating imbalances.

Maybe the main focus could be Korra finding a way to reconnect her past lives before she dies. Because as it stands the next Avatar will be connected with Korra since Unavatuu broke her connections with past avatars. There HAS to be a way to fix that, and there has to be someone who wants to stop it it :mjpls:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I couldn't have said it any better. Each hardship she faced enabled her to empathise with each following issue on a more discerning level. Although, I wouldn't say she displayed disloyalty in Season 2, I looked at is as she was so desperate to become more in touch with her spiritual side after going through the trauma of losing her bending that she blindly followed Unalaq because he offered her the most effective way of becoming a spiritual master.

Aang was able to find solace in everyone that taught him how to bend so in way, he created a new family as he grew up. They were there by his side through all the difficult moments so he was able to still feel vulnerable. Korra literally kept taking L's in ways that no one could relate to her.
Add to the fact that she had to deal with Kuvira and Zaheer without any help from past avatars. Her catharsis sort of evened out not having her past lives to look back on though. In a way she knows all she needs to, thanks to encountering Amon, Unalaq, Zaheer and Kuvira.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Just finished. My quick thoughts....

Felt more like a season finale than a series one.
Mako should have been a mortar
Bolin is the MIB of the entire series and took his bending to way more heights than Mako, who I believe was insinuated as the better bender in S1
Su and Lin put in work and are a good tag team.
Meelo with the comedy as always.
Kai is really the character that got nerfed after all the potential he showed last season.

Now onto the major stuff....

I also didn't like how Kuvira went out. I get it, I do, but with this being a series finale I needed a bigger climax, and because we didn't have a bigger climax we didn't get THAT avatar moment from Korra. You know the moment the eyes glow and you just know at that moment there is no equal to her.

And I imagined the Korra and Asami ending would go that way. They had subtly built it up to much to not address in the finale. They scared me a bit with the Mako scene, then Tenzin showed up, but once I heard Asami voice and the fact she called Tenzin away I knew it was time. :blessed:

:mjcry: shyt was beautiful friends...

And brought forth some impure thoughts. :shaq:

And I attest we should've gone a series with an Earthbending Avatar.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Just finished. My quick thoughts....

Felt more like a season finale than a series one.
Mako should have been a mortar
Bolin is the MIB of the entire series and took his bending to way more heights than Mako, who I believe was insinuated as the better bender in S1
Su and Lin put in work and are a good tag team.
Meelo with the comedy as always.
Kai is really the character that got nerfed after all the potential he showed last season.

Now onto the major stuff....

I also didn't like how Kuvira went out. I get it, I do, but with this being a series finale I needed a bigger climax, and because we didn't have a bigger climax we didn't get THAT avatar moment from Korra. You know the moment the eyes glow and you just know at that moment there is no equal to her.

And I imagined the Korra and Asami ending would go that way. They had subtly built it up to much to not address in the finale. They scared me a bit with the Mako scene, then Tenzin showed up, but once I heard Asami voice and the fact she called Tenzin away I knew it was time. :blessed:

:mjcry: shyt was beautiful friends...

And I attest we should've gone a series with an Earthbending Avatar.

Low key. They stay shytting on the earth benders. Them nikkas remind me of the Village Hidden in the Mist. They leaders stay taking L's. :what::pachaha:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
We'll call it "unintentional disloyalty". Because in the end, she did turn her back on Tenzin, whether or not she meant it. But you're spot on. They layered this series so well that even though Korra might not be the perfect Avatar now. She might be one of the best ever when it's all said and done because of what she went through in her youth. The next Avatar won't be able to seek help from Aang, Roku, Kyoshi or the other past Avatars, but he/she will have Korra, and she'll be of plenty service.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Add to the fact that she had to deal with Kuvira and Zaheer without any help from past avatars. Her catharsis sort of evened out not having her past lives to look back on though. In a way she knows all she needs to, thanks to encountering Amon, Unalaq, Zaheer and Kuvira.

Yup. With those four villains, she encountered the "dark side" of all the main principles that an Avatar has to stand by.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Aang was that nikka. he was able to let anybody in. Even as a shorty he had a heart purer than most grown ups, but still could get down when he needed to. I want at least a comic series to showcase a full rejuvenated Air Nation.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I would really love if they could just find a way to go full circle with the cycle :snoop:

They said they were done after TLA too, so I guess we never know. But it would make sense for there to be an Earth Nation Avatar and a Fire Nation Avatar too.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Aang was that nikka. he was able to let anybody in. Even as a shorty he had a heart purer than most grown ups, but still could get down when he needed to. I want at least a comic series to showcase a full rejuvenated Air Nation.
It just doesnt make sense for it to stop now :blackye:

There's too much more they can do with this universe. I mean it made sense for other universes to end. But the fact that the avatar will always have a reincarnate, and the fact that vatuu always emerges and the fact that evil is ALWAYS around. You'd think that they'd do more.
-

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I would really love if they could just find a way to go full circle with the cycle :snoop:

They said they were done after TLA too, so I guess we never know. But it would make sense for there to be an Earth Nation Avatar and a Fire Nation Avatar too.

Fire nation was prominent enough in TLA and we got enough back story in regards to Roku to where I am satisfied without them having their own season. But we need that Earth Avatar season though, especially with Toph still being alive.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
We'll call it "unintentional disloyalty". Because in the end, she did turn her back on Tenzin, whether or not she meant it. But you're spot on. They layered this series so well that even though Korra might not be the perfect Avatar now. She might be one of the best ever when it's all said and done because of what she went through in her youth. The next Avatar won't be able to seek help from Aang, Roku, Kyoshi or the other past Avatars, but he/she will have Korra, and she'll be of plenty service.

I really wish they had another series after this with the new Avatar. Those spiritual meetings with Korra would most definitely be emotional.

Aang as child was the closest to "Godliness" out of all the Avatars we've seen. Literally child-like, always forgiving and had a pure heart. This is why I wanna see an arc of him as an adult whilst he was raising his kids. They spoke on how he wasn't the greatest of dads so I think it would be interesting to see where it fell apart.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Fire nation was prominent enough in TLA and we got enough back story in regards to Roku to where I am satisfied without them having their own season. But we need that Earth Avatar season though, especially with Toph still being alive.

Imma start refering to the Earth Republic as L Benders.