The Legend of Korra

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
He did not plan on making out of there alive. Until the end he was ready to go out of it meant saving his little bro and his friends Korra and Asami. :wow:

He the real MVP:jawalrus:
I know, and what's crazy is that Mako's lack of camera time made sense. He was busy becoming a man. :wow: Handling his business and growing up. You see how he no matter what he always put his duties first. And that was never more evident than when he was ready to die for the squad :wow:

AND VARRICK!!!!!! :laff: dude had me dying talking about "Before the circus people took me away" and then when he started crying at the wedding :laff:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
And Im gonna go out on a limb and say Korra might have been a more accomplished Avatar than Aang too :blackye:

She was definitely a more emotionally mature Avatar. She's had been through a lot more trauma than Aang so she was able to develop as a person quicker than Aang could and ultimately, it's what enabled her to resolve every issue she came upon.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:shaq2: damn thats it?
Maybe im getting older or something but didnt feel this series finale at all. And i dont see how LOK is fukking with TLA at all:ld:. But i see you brehs in here loved this ish so ill refrain from the hate. Hope they come back with more Avatar series one day. Too much of my childhood is ending:to:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
She was definitely a more emotionally mature Avatar. She's had been through a lot more trauma than Aang so she was able to develop as a person quicker than Aang could and ultimately, it's what enabled her to resolve every issue she came upon.

IDK about the trauma thing. Aang entire society was wiped out while he was in an iceberg just chilling. :sadcam:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
:shaq2: damn thats it?
Maybe im getting older or something but didnt feel this series finale at all. And i dont see how LOK is fukking with TLA at all:ld:. But i see you brehs in here loved this ish so ill refrain from the hate. Hope they come back with more Avatar series one day. Too much of my childhood is ending:to:
Im a cynical fukker, so anything dark and emotional hits home. Plus Amon and Zaheer>>>>Ozai.:yeshrug:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
IDK about the trauma thing. Aang entire society was wiped out while he was in an iceberg just chilling. :sadcam:

Korra had her bending, spiritual connection and emotional stability all taken away from her in the space of a year or two. She had to do a lot growing up emotionally in short space of time in order to become as centered as she was by the time the series finished.

Having all of your people taken away from you is fukked up but Aang didn't have to suffer through anything else whilst he was developing his Avatar skills.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
That, and she's come some far emotionally from the first season to the last. I remember when it looked like she was ready to commit suicide in the first season. Like her life had no purpose. I think Season 4, served more as epilogue, and when you look at it that way, it all makes sense. Think back to the ending of season 3, when it ended with Korra just crying. Appearing fragile and broken, and you think about this season, more than anything it was about growth for her. Every season we got a different Korra, and I think that in itself shows the realism of the series. Season one she was assertive and cocky and it ended with her almost killing herself, but having a better appreciation for her spritual connections once she got them back. Season two she was disloyal to a fault, when she left Tenzin to train under Unalaq, ended up losing her connection with Raava too. Season 3 she was almost DESTROYED by Zaheer, and Season 4 she put it all together. She's patient, and compassionate. Yet assertive and vicious when the moment calls for it. She's perfectly balanced now, hence the Book title "Balance". They all took something from her. Amon took her bending and confidence. Unalaq and Vatuu took her connection with her past lives. Zaheer took her physical nature, and state of mind. And by the time she got to Kuvira, she knew how to handle the situation perfectly. As far as growth of a character goes, I haven't seen it handled too much better than it was with Korra. All those losses she took over the course of the series, were indirect wins, and it helped her save the world, and herself.

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps

Why are you linking me to posts ive already read like its the ONLY correct answer and shyt. This is a discussion homie...I feel differently.

I just dont think that Kuvira would give up because someone is stronger than her. Like she said, she came from nothing. Shes overcame odds, shes done an amazing feat in uniting (almost) all of the earth kingdom, she was willing to give up the love of her life for what she felt her purpose was in life.

I agree with the fact that Kuvira and Korra were very similar, but i dont think that over the course of their fight she finally "saw what she was doing was wrong". I agree with the fact that Kuvira isnt evil at heart, she meant well in her vision for the people of her kingdom, but the way she went about achieving her vision WAS evil. Things like re-education/prison camps and slavery are EVIL. She believed that the ends justify the means. She was able to look past the moral dilemma of her actions because she believed with all her being that what she was doing was the right thing to do. While i do think that she found respect and awe in Korras power, I dont think she would ever change her beliefs and she would never give up in her fight.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Im a cynical fukker, so anything dark and emotional hits home. Plus Amon and Zaheer>>>>Ozai.:yeshrug:
I mean i feel you. I feel like Korra tried to hit deeper philosophically, but i think in there attempt at making it deeper it lacked some of the lightheartedness and storytelling aspects of the OG series. TLA was an epic quest/ coming of age story that all lead up to the finale with Ozai. Korra was more like her trials. Plus I just felt like Zoko and his uncle and that whole other side story that ran in conjecture with Aang's story really set apart the 2 series. To each is own though :manny:. Sad to see it end regardless

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Korra had her bending, spiritual connection and emotional stability all taken away from her in the space of a year or two. She had to do a lot growing up emotionally in short space of time in order to become as centered as she was by the time the series finished.

Having all of your people taken away from you is fukked up but Aang didn't have to suffer through anything else whilst he was developing his Avatar skills.

True, but Aang ahd to deal with everyone he ever knew being dead at the age of 13. He was a younging and he still ahd to deal with that L.
Plus Korra had plenty of back up. If worst came to worst, the Fire Nation, Water Tribes, and White LOtus had Korra's back. In ATLA, Aang just had a :flabbynsick: water tribe, Earth kingdom, and no air nation.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Why are you linking me to posts ive already read like its the ONLY correct answer and shyt. This is a discussion homie...I feel differently.
:childplease: I didn't know you were in the thread, I was offering MY TAKE, not an ANSWER.

I just dont think that Kuvira would give up because someone is stronger than her
I don't think she gave up because Korra was stronger than her. I think she gave up because someone STRONGER than her cared about her. As in the way your parents (who are stronger than you) care about you. Even with Bataar, you could sense that she was the Alpha in the relationship. Even if he did love her, he probably feared her too. Having someone who can annihilate you care about you and spare your life, is a little different from having people who pose no threat care about you. Because the ulterior motive isn't there for Korra. She didn't care for her because she was afraid of her, she did it because she really became compassionate toward all life.

The same reason that an NBA player getting a cosign from Lebron is bigger than them getting a cosign from Jason Collins or some shyt. Just my take

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
I don't think she gave up because Korra was stronger than her. I think she gave up because someone STRONGER than her cared about her. As in the way your parents (who are stronger than you) care about you. Even with Bataar, you could sense that she was the Alpha in the relationship. Even if he did love her, he probably feared her too. Having someone who can annihilate you care about you and spare your life, is a little different from having people who pose no threat care about you.

I dont have parents :mjcry: