The Legend of Korra

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I thought Mako was about to die :damn: I almost called it too, but I'm glad my boy Bolin came thru and saved him.

The way Kuvira went out :camby: A better character arc for her would've been to die in defense of her beliefs. She was too strong to just bytch out like that.

Korra vs. Kuvira was so damn :banderas: Korra went into beast mode. When the fight started to slow down for her, I knew it was over for Kuvira. She was smiling and everything :damn:

As far as KorrAssami, I'm glad the decided to follow through. It was too obvious for it to not be true.

This season as a whole was so underdeveloped. I loved that we got to see Korra struggle to success story, but (agreeing with everyone here) not seeing Kuvira's rise messed it all up. And there wasn't enough Avatar state Korra or bending (in general) for me. This season should've been a big blow out, but fukk Nick for screwing us over.

Will there be more comics on LOK?

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Nawh breh. i knew that shyt wasnt gone work. Like Guwop said, nikka aint have the juice.:lolbron:
:mjlol: I will say this about Mako though. He surprised me with how selfless he was when it came time to save his family. He was down for the cause foreal, he was really ready to die to save them :to:

But I been on the Korrasami tip for a minute now. Nobody wanted to believe it :heh:

Last edited:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
The way Kuvira went out :camby: A better character arc for her would've been to die in defense of her beliefs. She was too strong to just bytch out like that.

Nah it was perfect. Korra pretty much said to Kuvira what Bolin said to Mako before

1u4dMiF.gif

Kuvira was never TRULY evil, just misguided. I don't think any of the LOK villians were REALLY evil. Take an Ozai from LOK, that nikka was just evil :blackye: No motives, besides a thirst for power. All of the LOK villains had good intentions, that they went about all wrong.

Amon, wanted equality for everyone
Unalaq wanted to unite the spirit world and the human world
Zaheer wanted freedom and no leaders
Kuvira wanted order and stability

All that brought on by things they went through as a child. Kuvira was more crazy than she was evil. Her parents left her, and in a way, she thought was she was doing was right.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
Nah it was perfect. Korra pretty much said to Kuvira what Bolin said to Mako before

1u4dMiF.gif

Kuvira was never TRULY evil, just misguided. I don't think any of the LOK villians were REALLY evil. Take an Ozai from LOK, that nikka was just evil :blackye: No motives, besides a thirst for power. All of the LOK villains had good intentions, that they went about all wrong.

All that brought on by things they went through as a child. Kuvira was more crazy than she was evil. Her parents left her, and in a way, she thought was she was doing was right.
I feel as if she broke too easy, but I can understand this as well. Good shyt :ehh:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

1u4dMiF.gif

Amazing post. Another reason that I feel LOK>>>ATLA.

LOK felt like a REAL show not some cardboard cut out shyt.

I love ATLA because of TEAM AVATAR, but Ozai and the rest of the bad guys felt like Tyler Perry characters. nikkas aint have no motives or nothing.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I feel as if she broke too easy, but I can understand this as well. Good shyt :ehh:
I don't think she broke easily at all. I think she just saw something in Korra that she admired. She saw her power. Not just physically, but how much Korra had grown mentally. You telling me Korra from Books 1-3 wouldn't have let that spirit energy crush Kuvira? Think back to books 1-3 and how Korra was always on some "fukk THAT, LETS FIGHT" type shyt. I think after all that Kuvira did, all the murdering, all the destruction. And then when Korra saved her life when the Giant Mecca Suit exploded, and then even after that Kuvira tried to destroy her again, yet Korra STILL wanted to save her. She saw that what she was doing was wrong. Korra saved her twice, and risked her life to save her again.

Ih9rZor.png

Look at her face, she's in disbelief. She didn't; change overnight at all. She even showed SOME emotion when it came to Bataar. Everyone just has their breaking point, and hers was seeing her life flash before her eyes, and having someone STRONGER, save it. Having someone come to her rescue the way her parents never did.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't think she broke easily at all. I think she just saw something in Korra that she admired. She saw her power. Not just physically, but how much Korra had grown mentally. You telling me Korra from Books 1-3 wouldn't have let that spirit energy crush Kuvira? Think back to books 1-3 and how Korra was always on some "fukk THAT, LETS FIGHT" type shyt. I think after all that Kuvira did, all the murdering, all the destruction. And then when Korra saved her life when the Giant Mecca Suit exploded, and then even after that Kuvira tried to destroy her again, yet Korra STILL wanted to save her. She saw that what she was doing was wrong. Korra saved her twice, and risked her life to save her again.

Ih9rZor.png

Look at her face, she's in disbelief. She didn't; change overnight at all. She even showed SOME emotion when it came to Bataar. Everyone just has their breaking point, and hers was seeing her life flash before her eyes, and having someone STRONGER, save it.

She knew it was over. She ran into someone who was stronger and someone who had a better heart. Kuriva had no idea someone could be so strong and kind at the same time. Now she gone rot in jail forever.:to:

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Huge TLA fan but never seen this.

Didn't wanna watch it at first but I've only heard good things about it so imma run through it over the next couple days.

Hope it lives up to the first show.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Amazing post. Another reason that I feel LOK>>>ATLA.

LOK felt like a REAL show not some cardboard cut out shyt.

I love ATLA because of TEAM AVATAR, but Ozai and the rest of the bad guys felt like Tyler Perry characters. nikkas aint have no motives or nothing.

True shyt, and the craziest thing about all this shyt is that all of the Villains were right, and they all got what they wanted eventually.

Amon wanted equality. He got it because humans (both bender and non) have been working together and have a new appreciation for the world.

Unalaq wanted to unite the spirit world and the human world, which was seen as a bad idea at first, but in the end it put Airbenders back into the world.

Zaheer wanted NO DICTATORS/LEADERS, and he didnt' get that but there will be no more Kings, and Republic City will be expanded. Wu is stepping down and the Earth Kingdom will be a democracy. So there are no more dictatorships.

And Kuvira wanted stability and order, which they have now with equal nations and a fully recognized Avatar.

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
True shyt, and the craziest thing about all this shyt is that all of the Villains were right, and they all got what they wanted eventually.

Amon wanted equality. He got it because humans (both bender and non) have been working together and have a new appreciation for the world.

Unalaq wanted to unite the spirit world and the human world, which was seen as a bad idea at first, but in the end it put Airbenders back into the world.

Zaheer wanted NO DICTATORS/LEADERS, and he didnt' get that but there will be no more Kings, and Republic City will be expanded. Wu is stepping down and the Earth Kingdom will be a democracy. So there are no more dictatorships.

And Kuvira wanted stability and order, which they have now with equal nations and a fully recognized Avatar.

What about the Water Tribes and Fire NAtion. I thought that the Tribes were controlled by one King/ruler for each part of the nation. And the fire nation still has the fire Lord, but are they are a royal family or is the fire lord elected?:why:

Please explain.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

Posts like this is why I love the discussions we've had in here. It also highlights how well the writers tied everything together.