The Legend of Korra

RaverDan

Rookie
Daps
the series finale was great (although I was extremely disappointed on how Kuvira went out, she's the type of person that would stubbornly continue until her last breath) but :snoop:at that ending. And don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those prehistoric neanderthals that can't get with the times, and I know there are alot of Korrasami fans, and I would be too if there actually was a Korrasami to root for. The show ended much like ATLA ended, the only difference is that there was an actual kiss in the end and actual feelings developing during the course of ATLA's run, which made you root for Aang finally getting Katara in the end. But in LoK, the "relationship", if you can call it that, just seems to come out of no where. It's like they got up and decided to be lesbians for each other one day. And even that notion is ambiguous at best. The whole thing is ambiguous at best. If you're going to go the route of forming a relationship between two characters, then form it, develop it, don't just hint at it. These are two strong, female characters, and to end it on such a note,where they're scared to show what happens, seems like a slap in the face to the strong characters they are, to the fans that respect those characters, and all the years put in to develop these characters. I understand that they didn't want to disappoint those people who would have strokes and burn the village down because they saw two same sex characters in a cartoon kiss or have a forming relationship, but it's time to move on past those people and start to take risks. Either do something right, or don't do it at all, so they should've just made her go off on her own if they were gonna do something like that. But at the end of the day, it's a cartoon, so you can't get too mad:manny:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
9aocv7.jpg

I have a lot of conflicting emotions to deal with right now... I'm sad that this is most likely the end of the series, even with the shortcomings I still love this series and universe.
I'm just happy to see Korra finally regain her confidence after all the stuff she went through this season.. She took a lot of L's before, so seeing her beat Kuvira was a great payoff.

Korrasami :noah:
I have no problem with this couple. It's development felt way more organic than Makorra.

They didn't even cut away from Hiroshi getting squashed..:wow::damn:
Mako for a minute had me like:lupe:

Meelo really is the GOAT. I don't understand some of the hate he receives. He had me:deadrose: when he put his face on the windows of the mech. Caught me completely off guard.

All in all, it never reached its' full potential but t'was a good ride nonetheless

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was already feeling some type of way after watching the finale of the Colbert Report and then to immediately start watching this :wow::mjcry:

LoK, and the Avatar series as a whole, is done :mjcry:

Like a lot of posters already mentioned, I think this season definitely would've benefitted from being longer, if only to give more insight into what was making Kuvira tick. Not that the scene with her and Korra in the spirit world came out of nowhere since we did get some insight into her background before, but an episode or two showing how Kuvira being an orphan made her want to create a world where no one would have to end up so vulnerable would've made her downfall more impactful IMO.

And geez, I knew someone was going to get killed, but I definitely had the :dwillhuh: when Hiroshi got murked. It's not like they've shied away from death, especially the past two seasons, but to see him getting taken out like an actual mosquito (and the fact they kind of hinted at it with the earlier convo about crushing mosquitos) :damn::wow::mjcry:

But who the hell am I kidding? What's really gonna have people talking is Korra and Asami confirming what the writers have been heavily implying since last season. And this thread shows I wasn't the only one reading between the lines of their interactions at the end of the third season. It definitely didn't come out of nowhere and felt pretty organic to me

I think Korra as a character really came full circle in terms of her growth. And even after all she's been through and how much she's changed, what's really dope is she knows her job isn't done. That she still has so much more to learn and do. Which I think drives home how far she's come as a character more than anything else. And she definitely got a huge W in the end (finally)

Korra and Asami been low key feeling each other out since season 1

but man.... Korra hitting the Final Flash :wow: clutch ain't even the word. Girl put in so much work no avatar state :wow: Tenzin was right - she did more in a few years than most Avatars do in a lifetime:mjcry::mjcry:

I'm gonna miss this show. :salute: That's my bisexual, hotheaded, slow-learning, needatoptiersupportingcastatalltimes giaint killing avatar brehs :to:

Couldn't c/s this post more, especially the bolded

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Also, it's nice that Mako had his moment and all, but Bolin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mako and it's not close
Bolin out there crushing buildings and earning respect from every earth bender that he came across - Mako was ready to kill himself to get his shine back :mjlol:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Bolin out there crushing buildings and earning respect from every earth bender that he came across - Mako was ready to kill himself to get his shine back :mjlol:
I feel like the writers had to give Mako that moment because they realized how much they'd nerfed him throughout the show ...

I get it, but it still doesn't change the fact that Bolin lapped him :ld:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Alright breh i be off & on.. what site I gotta get on to catch up on this... Im on where theres evil air bender, lava bender, water arm bender & combustion bender.... then they got blood bender whose brother blows him up breh.. then theres breh fightin a giant spirit & looked like he went Avatar, Korra aint around...

these reruns killin me... from when the squad got boosted from prison & gave the Earth Kingdom that work, killed the Queen, am I even close??? Blood bender messed up her powers til Aang came through... how far off am I breh??? :mjcry:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright breh i be off & on.. what site I gotta get on to catch up on this... Im on where theres evil air bender, lava bender, water arm bender & combustion bender.... then they got blood bender whose brother blows him up breh.. then theres breh fightin a giant spirit & looked like he went Avatar, Korra aint around...

these reruns killin me... from when the squad got boosted from prison & gave the Earth Kingdom that work, killed the Queen, am I even close??? Blood bender messed up her powers til Aang came through... how far off am I breh??? :mjcry:

kissanime, I think you're on season 3