The Legend of Korra

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Good episode but the story still doesn't feel like it's developed enough to only have two episodes left. Maybe the progression amps up in the next episode :ehh:

Killer Kuv coming through the Jäger definitely had me like :leon:. It's sick how she controls it with bending...without a doubt in my mind that's the writers giving a nod to the likes of Gundam Wing.

Bataar selling out his family purely for love is some sad shyt man. I absolutely had no sympathy for him when Kuvira dropped the cannon on them. You can tell it was all a scheme to her from when she first talked about them getting married and then smirked when she hugged him.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Bataar selling out his family purely for love is some sad shyt man. I absolutely had no sympathy for him when Kuvira dropped the cannon on them. You can tell it was all a scheme to her from when she first talked about them getting married and then smirked when she hugged him.

tumblr_n3bx8k55JH1tp0p3zo1_500.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Good episode but the story still doesn't feel like it's developed enough to only have two episodes left. Maybe the progression amps up in the next episode :ehh:

Killer Kuv coming through the Jäger definitely had me like :leon:. It's sick how she controls it with bending...without a doubt in my mind that's the writers giving a nod to the likes of Gundam Wing.

She was his leader. A woman isn't gonna love or respect a man who's socially inferior to her. That being said Kuvira is an insane sociopath. She lost sight of why she's even doing what she's doing and is just acting off pure impulse now.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
She was his leader. A woman isn't gonna love or respect a man who's socially inferior to her. That being said Kuvira is an insane sociopath. She lost sight of why she's even doing what she's doing and is just acting off pure impulse now.

I'm not too sure that she's being impulsive. I agree that she's a sociopath but her actions still seem calculated because ultimately, her goal has always been obtaining absolute power, she's just dressed it up as "seeking the restoration of the Earth Kingdom."

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm not too sure that she's being impulsive. I agree that she's a sociopath but her actions still seem calculated because ultimately, her goal has always been obtaining absolute power, she's just dressed it up as "seeking the restoration of the Earth Kingdom."
No she is the Walter White type. She started out with pure intentions and power corrupted her. As some point she transitioned from restoring the earth kingdom to an obsession with taking more and more power. Had Suyin stepped up when all this started she probably would still be sane.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
No she is the Walter White type. She started out with pure intentions and power corrupted her. As some point she transitioned from restoring the earth kingdom to an obsession with taking more and more power. Had Suyin stepped up when all this started she probably would still be sane.

I reckon when Suyin refused to become Earth Queen, Kuvira saw it as an opportunity to take over because it was as never going to just stop at making sure Ba Sing Se was under order because there was such a divide in wealth prior to Zaheer killing the Earth Queen. It was going to be easy to win poor people over initially becuase all she would have had to do is give them food and access to technology but she hasn't really done anything else to uplift them. However, her military was constantly growing and she was continuing to throw people into re-education camps.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Looking back at it I'm kinda sad that this series is going out like this. Season 3 was an anomaly season 1 was solid until the end season 2 was a disaster and season 4 is all over the place.

This show really suffered from Nick flip flopping on it. First it was supposed to be a single season then it did good and Nick wanted more so they asked for 3 more seasons. season 2 came out and was a let down then the leak happened and season 3 was getting randomly dumped with multiple episodes at a time and the ratings really tanked and they more or less gave us season 4 as a courtesy. they must have slashed the budget because that clip show had voice-overs that damn near didn't even match what was going on.

Kuvira could have been a great villain with the proper build up and development but her arc was so short and underdeveloped that it hurt her. She's acceptable but hardly what I'd want as a last boss of this series. seeing how Nick made this show an afterthought this is the end of Avatar.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Looking back at it I'm kinda sad that this series is going out like this. Season 3 was an anomaly season 1 was solid until the end season 2 was a disaster and season 4 is all over the place.

This show really suffered from Nick flip flopping on it. First it was supposed to be a single season then it did good and Nick wanted more so they asked for 3 more seasons. season 2 came out and was a let down then the leak happened and season 3 was getting randomly dumped with multiple episodes at a time and the ratings really tanked and they more or less gave us season 4 as a courtesy. they must have slashed the budget because that clip show had voice-overs that damn near didn't even match what was going on.

Kuvira could have been a great villain with the proper build up and development but her arc was so short and underdeveloped that it hurt her. She's acceptable but hardly what I'd want as a last boss of this series. seeing how Nick made this show an afterthought this is the end of Avatar.
Agreed on all points. But I'm sure the creators did what they could. They take pride in this show for sure. Overall, I think the show did well quality wise. I'll have some nostalgia when I rewatch this a few years from now.

This should have been the one season where they stretched out the episodes to around 20 something. Maybe even 16 ish. Kuvira had so much room for growth, but Nick doesn't support this show surprisingly, even though it has a huge fanbase. It is what it is though, Im sure the last two episodes won't disappoint.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Giant mech was a nice surprise. But the build up to the SERIES finale has been pretty meh overall.

And as passive as Aang was he wouldn't have just stood on and looked as Kuvira attacked Republic City.

Bataar found out the hard way that Kuvira #1 passion is ruling, not their love. They could have been got married but that wasn't going to happen until they ruled the earth nation.

Where did Toph disappear to?:upsetfavre:

I'm really more interested in a Toph vs Kuvira match than a Kuvira vs Korra, as we already know what happens when Korra goes Avatar state.

And this show really needed someone to die in the last Kuvira attack, maybe it finally pushes Korra to bring the fight to Kuvira.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Finally caught up with the series (I started watching Last Airbender three months ago lol), only to know that the end of it was this week :stopitslime:

Anyway, I won't digress too much but it's really an enjoyable show. I still prefer the Aang story because it has some more poetry and innocence though it was still mature somehow. Last season of it in the Fire Nation really was really a great show that I thoroughly enjoyed. And the alchemy in Team Avatar was way better. IMO Team Korra is was too much based on Team Aang (Bolin the funny dude like Sokka, Bolin/Mako siblings like Sokka/Katara, Pabu = Momo, etc)

About Legend of Korra, I digged all the villains so far even Unalak (though he's the wackest of em all). Only thing I hated was the teenage romance in the first seasons which felt forced (and also Mako's character which is disappointing) but otherwise, my attention has been caught almost every time. Fights are really nice and the different types of bending leading to different types of fighting style is highly creative :ehh:

And the story of Wan was really a great part of the whole show : the art was beautiful, atmosphere poetic and the final fight nice to watch. It was the closest they came from Last Airbender IMO in terms of ambiance. GOAT moment thus far is season 3 penultimate episode where Zaheer fly imo. Also I'm surprised at how violent the show was because I really thought that was PG stuff :russ:

So far, my villain overall ranking is Zaheer > Kuvira > Amon > Unalak

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Finally caught up with the series (I started watching Last Airbender three months ago lol), only to know that the end of it was this week :stopitslime:

Anyway, I won't digress too much but it's really an enjoyable show. I still prefer the Aang story because it has some more poetry and innocence though it was still mature somehow. Last season of it in the Fire Nation really was really a great show that I thoroughly enjoyed. And the alchemy in Team Avatar was way better. IMO Team Korra is was too much based on Team Aang (Bolin the funny dude like Sokka, Bolin/Mako siblings like Sokka/Katara, Pabu = Momo, etc)

About Legend of Korra, I digged all the villains so far even Unalak (though he's the wackest of em all). Only thing I hated was the teenage romance in the first seasons which felt forced (and also Mako's character which is disappointing) but otherwise, my attention has been caught almost every time. Fights are really nice and the different types of bending leading to different types of fighting style is highly creative :ehh:

And the story of Wan was really a great part of the whole show : the art was beautiful, atmosphere poetic and the final fight nice to watch. It was the closest they came from Last Airbender IMO in terms of ambiance. GOAT moment thus far is season 3 penultimate episode where Zaheer fly imo. Also I'm surprised at how violent the show was because I really thought that was PG stuff :russ:

So far, my villain overall ranking is Zaheer > Kuvira > Amon > Unalak
I don't see how anyone can top Amon. He was the best and most dangerous fighter plus I think his story was better than anyone elses