The Legend of Korra

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Azula was losing to Zuko in the Agni Kai, that's why she had to resort to cheating (yes, firing at a noncombatant is cheating). That was pretty clearly shown.

Now would the fight have gone differently if Azula wasn't going crazy? Probably, but that doesn't change the fact that she was shown to be losing and had to play dirty.

Also, yes, Azula was giving lots of people the work during the series, but let's be honest...she wasn't exactly fighting masters. Lots of people would be able to give 12-year old Aang (who hadn't even learned Earthbending and Firebending) the work. Sure, she was a prodigy but she was still fighting kids who were not, she never fought anybody (outside of Avatar State Aang) on the level of Amon or Kuvira. And while she did manage to take out Aang in the Avatar State, let's not act like it wasn't a cheap shot from behind. Sure, it's impressive in terms of smarts and ruthlessness, but let's not pretend like she's out here fighting the Avatar state head up.

Azula to be honest is one of my favorite characters, but she's not as unbeatable as yall think. She's a prodigy but there are other prodigies in the world. Noatok (ie. Amon) was a waterbending prodigy, Toph was an earthbending prodigy, Kuvira is a metalbending prodigy. etc.
Katara was a master bender and so was Toph. Toph learned from the Badgers, and Katara was the second bender to use bloodbending and the first person to be immune to it.

Aang was a master air bender by 11. The only one who wasn't a master was Zuko

Plus Azula was only 14 in TLA, and she had Irohs respect as a bender who was a master himself and he learned from the Dragons.

Kuvira is another prodigy though, you're right.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Breh I think you are severely under rating Azula. When she fired the bolt at Katara, she was already off her game and obsessed with being fire lord. Before that, she was taking Aang and Katara on at the same time, a couple of times.

Zuko only stood a chance once he learned bending from the dragons, And once she had gone crazy, before that, she was always giving Zuko that work Even Iroh tried to tell him to fall back.

Azula at her best is probably the 3rd best firebender in both series.

After Ozai and Iroh, and before Zuko.

Im pretty sure Ozai vocally said that she was better than zuko and that zuko was a failure.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
I already said Toph was a prodigy right in that same post. :what:

Katara is debatable since there weren't many other Waterbenders to compare her to, but I think a lot of Waterbenders in LoK seem stronger than her. Aang was still pretty new at Waterbending and Earthbending when he fought Azula and hadn't learned Firebending yet.

My point is that Azula is not the only bending prodigy in the show, and that the people she was fighting were relatively young and inexperienced. Some of the older more seasoned Benders in Legend of Korra should be able to take her or at least give her a lot of difficulty.
I consider Katara a prodigy cuz she picked up the blood bending technique and the technique of bending water w/o a huge water source pretty quickly.

tumblr_m3crwogqSA1r6f4rx.gif

But my thing is, U keep bringing up the point that the fighters Azula went up against were young and inexperienced. Were they young? Yes. Inexpreienced? No. They each had been in plenty of battles. But i also find your "Azula and inexperienced fighters" argument funny because u use that as a knock against Azula, in the "Azula vs Kuvira" debate...but what master has Kuvira defeated to make you think she's capable of beating Azula? So far, all we've seen Kuvira go up against are a few low-life bandits and a :flabbynsick:, weak Avatar.

Oh....and in the last season when Kuvira actually did go up against some legit benders on the mountain....Zaheer and P'Li handled her with EASE. She was knocked off the mountain and that sexy ass MiLF Su had to handle business:win:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I already said Toph was a prodigy right in that same post. :what:

Katara is debatable since there weren't many other Waterbenders to compare her to, but I think a lot of Waterbenders in LoK seem stronger than her. Aang was still pretty new at Waterbending and Earthbending when he fought Azula and hadn't learned Firebending yet.

My point is that Azula is not the only bending prodigy in the show, and that the people she was fighting were relatively young and inexperienced. Some of the older more seasoned Benders in Legend of Korra should be able to take her or at least give her a lot of difficulty.

The only people I think would give her much of a fight would be the blood benders because that is basically a cheat, but its not like blood benders ruled the world so there must have been some out towards that(Amon walking through it, Katara being immune etc...), possibly old Toph, and avatar Korra.

Kuvira got that quick work from avatar Korra, and then was futile against the double team of two new airbenders that are kids. Azula was taking on teams of prodigies as a kid breh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish Kuvira and Suelyin could have squared off so we could get a glimpse of how strong Kuvira really is..

Right now I'm not seeing this Kuvira is a prodigy idea..

Azula took out the Kyoshi warriors, had Ang on skates, and was the first non airbender to fly or glide...Azula in her prime would have been the strongest fire Bender on earth

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I wish Kuvira and Suelyin could have squared off so we could get a glimpse of how strong Kuvira really is..

Right now I'm not seeing this Kuvira is a prodigy idea..

Azula took out the Kyoshi warriors, had Ang on skates, and was the first non airbender to fly or glide...Azula in her prime would have been the strongest fire Bender on earth
Yeah I still don't know how good Kuvira is. On one hand, she served Korra, but Korra was just getting served by some non bender in a fight club a month prior. She hadn't done any Avatar duties in years. And then, once Korra went into the Avatar State, Kuvira was at her mercy.

The verdict is still out on Kuvira's level. She's accurate and smart, but what happens when someone can fight back :mjpls:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
And as for the Kuvira vs Toph debate. I can't see Toph losing to any earthbender 1v1

Her feel for the earth is too good. Remember Toph could basically feel attacks before they even came. Her daughters use seismic sense for direction, and spying,

Toph used it in battle because she couldn't see at all. She'd know Kuviras moves before they even launched.

@1:53 he moves one foot, and she already knows what to do.
@1:28 she knocks them all down at once.
@2:58 she moves the ground and hits them all while not even moving.

Remind you, she was 11 doing this to some of the best benders in the world.in her prime, so let's say 25. She was probably GOAT

People like to bring up how Toph invented metalbending but never bring up that she learned bending at age 5 to the OG earthbenders, the badger moles. the same way Iroh learned firebending from the Dragons

Earthbending is tied into who she is, it's what gives her sight. She's better at it than anyone who just learns it.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
And as for the Kuvira vs Toph debate. I can't see Toph losing to any earthbender 1v1

Her feel for the earth is too good. Remember Toph could basically feel attacks before they even came. Her daughters use seismic sense for direction, and spying,

Toph used it in battle because she couldn't see at all. She'd know Kuviras moves before they even launched.

Remind you, she was 11 doing this to some of the best benders in the world.in her prime, so let's say 25. She was probably GOAT

People like to bring up how Toph invented metalbending but never bring up that she learned bending at age 5 to the OG earthbenders, the badger moles. the same way Iroh learned firebending from the Dragons

Earthbending is tied into who she is, it's what gives her sight. She's better at it than anyone who just learns it.

Earthbending masters saying "She's amazing! She's the greatest Earthbender I've ever seen"

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

Only pure earthbender that stood a chance against Toph was King Bumi

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Yeah I still don't know how good Kuvira is. On one hand, she served Korra, but Korra was just getting served by some non bender in a fight club a month prior. She hadn't done any Avatar duties in years. And then, once Korra went into the Avatar State, Kuvira was at her mercy.

The verdict is still out on Kuvira's level. She's accurate and smart, but what happens when someone can fight back :mjpls:
People really saying Kuvira can beat top benders? She beat the avatar yeah, but thats the same avatar that got washed by common street thugs :mjlol: And she was starting to lose when she went in the avatar state. Kuvira just hella confident right now is all.