The Legend of Korra

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's that nostalgia talking.

Nah...Azula is good and all, but Kuvira would give her the beats.

I mean...did you see how she did those bandits? The skill here is crazy. :wow:

Kuvira is a cerebral fighter. Azula would catch a Korra style beatdown and Kuvira just post up reads and reacts to her.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: Homie on the last page had a point though. Azula likes to spam blue fire and lightening attacks. If Kuvira is wearing metal she's gonna have problems.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
:patrice: Homie on the last page had a point though. Azula likes to spam blue fire and lightening attacks. If Kuvira is wearing metal she's gonna have problems.

You saw how Kuvira was dodging Korra though. Her wearing conductors wouldn't matter if Azula can't touch her.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Another dope episode, but damn it was tough to watch Korra getting washed by Kuvira like that. Not only is she rusty as hell (how much bending has she done in the almost three years she was recovering?), she still dealing with her spiritual shadow messing with her head. And it's the middle of the season, so it wasn't that surprising, but still :wow:

I know protagonists have to deal with adversity and challenges if the story is to be compelling and make us want to root for them, but Korra's been catching L's since the end of last season. She's still at rock bottom. She needs a solid W at this point :to:

Varrick and Bolin :mjlol:
Varrick's done some growing. He was ready to off himself instead of letting Kuvira get her hands on a super-weapon. There was no way he was going to be that selfless back in season 1

Was this the third episode with no Mako? :patrice:
I've got no problem with him as a character, but considering that clown of a deposed king he's stuck babysitting, I'm not exactly upset they're not giving them any screen time either

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Azula in her craze state still pretty much beat Zuko, while sane I don't think she loses to anyone that isn't an Avatar, Iroh, or her father.

Toph and OG Bumi would handle Kuvira.

And like most everyone else, tired of seeing Korra take these losses. She didn't even really put up much of a fight this time around either.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Another dope episode, but damn it was tough to watch Korra getting washed by Kuvira like that. Not only is she rusty as hell (how much bending has she done in the almost three years she was recovering?), she still dealing with her spiritual shadow messing with her head. And it's the middle of the season, so it wasn't that surprising, but still :wow:

I know protagonists have to deal with adversity and challenges if the story is to be compelling and make us want to root for them, but Korra's been catching L's since the end of last season. She's still at rock bottom. She needs a solid W at this point :to:

Varrick and Bolin :mjlol:
Varrick's done some growing. He was ready to off himself instead of letting Kuvira get her hands on a super-weapon. There was no way he was going to be that selfless back in season 1

Was this the third episode with no Mako? :patrice:
I've got no problem with him as a character, but considering that clown of a deposed king he's stuck babysitting, I'm not exactly upset they're not giving them any screen time either
Let's face it Mako was the boyfriend and when the fans voiced their displeasure at the teenage angsty romance going on and the writers dropped it he lost his purpose. Him and Asami are pretty much worthless going forward. I'd rather Tenzin get that shine. The beastly skills he showed fighting Zaheer really won me over. I wanna see him get more fights. Love to see him battle Kuvira.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You saw how Kuvira was dodging Korra though. Her wearing conductors wouldn't matter if Azula can't touch her.

Korra on :flabbynsick: mode right now though. I'm not sure Prime Azula would miss so much. Don't her lightning strikes have a wide area of attack too?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Korra on :flabbynsick: mode right now though. I'm not sure Prime Azula would miss so much. Don't her lightning strikes have a wide area of attack too?

I remember Azula's lightning attacks being like lasers, except for when her bending was on steroids because of the power of the comet. You're right though, Azula would be a lot sharper than Korra so it would definitely be a closer battle.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Azula in her craze state still pretty much beat Zuko, while sane I don't think she loses to anyone that isn't an Avatar, Iroh, or her father.

:duck: :duck: :duck:

She was losing to Zuko and had to resort to attacking a bystander to distract him.

And no, Azula isn't THAT unstoppable. She's one of the top firebenders sure, but Toph in her prime, Kuvira, Unalaq, Amon, Zaheer, P'Li, Ghazan, etc. could probably give her that work. Maybe even Suyin and Lin.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Toph was 11, knockin n!ggas 3x her size out. She'd wipe the floor with Kuvira, not even breaking a sweat. Azula would as well, actually I think Tai Lee would cause Kuvira some problems.

Aside from Tenzin, Meelo and Jinora (Aangs descendants), all of the other airbenders are new and weak. Kai would've probably had the most potential and he hasn't been seen in a while. Had Zaheer waited even a few months, Tenzin would've had his hands full.

Did Korra reach her full potential as a bender? Never was never proficient in air, she's okay with earth, hardly uses water considering that's her primary, and great at fire.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Did Korra reach her full potential as a bender? Never was never proficient in air, she's okay with earth, hardly uses water considering that's her primary, and great at fire.

Korra as a bender comes off as a "jack of all trades but master of none". Or maybe she is at her full potential but doesn't have her heart in it right now.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Toph would wipe the floor with Kuvira.
Azula is way more smooth than Korra though. With her dodging and her footwork. Let's not compare Sozins Comet Azula to Kuvira. Because by then she had lost her mind and her discipline was gone. Book 2 early book 3 Azula might give Kuvira that work. Azula was a prodigy breh.