The Legend of Korra

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
this is just me but the last time she really went into the avatar state she went berserk she was really trying to kill zaheer. you notice how when she got the upper hand on kuvira she immediately went overboard with how she was going to attack her? she's changed and doesn't want to be ultra violent anymore and the way she gets while in the avatar state scares her

I don't know if you're an OG Avatar fan, but if you are. You remember when Zuko got sick in TLA? I think the episode was "Lake Laogai" and Iroh said that he was sick because there was a good vs evil battle going on inside of his soul. Zuko was hallucinating the same way Korra is now.

It makes me think that there's some battle going on inside her too. A battle maybe ultraviolence vs peace or something.

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
this is just me but the last time she really went into the avatar state she went berserk she was really trying to kill zaheer. you notice how when she got the upper hand on kuvira she immediately went overboard with how she was going to attack her? she's changed and doesn't want to be ultra violent anymore and the way she gets while in the avatar state scares her

Korra struggling with her ultra violence in the avatar state is similar to Aang and how he got in the Avatar state before he learned to control it.

Fight scene was sick. Kuvira as a precise counter puncher on her prime Anderson Silva shyt. Looking Muhammad Ali with the Rope-a-dope and footwork after each knockdown. Able to hit ankles and wrists mid strike with the metal bands. The move that got me the most was when she turned the circle of earth under Korra's feet during that fire strike.... :ohhh:.

Varrick willing to go down with the ship to destroy the vines. :salute:

I think that Zhu Li is still good and in the end, blood is thicker with water. Bataar is going to betray Kuvira at a key moment.

"YOU CANT HANDLE ALL THIS MILO!"

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
!!!KUVIRA IS THE BOSS bytch OF ALL BOSS bytchES!!!

If she wanted she could have torn Korra's shoulders to shreds with those metal bands. The way she clowned Korra was badass. Gave no fukks about the Avatar state or Korra's bending skills.

Varrick is the best character on the show for me though. Almost Varricked himself because he got Zhu Li'd. Dude really is nuts.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:scust: @ Korra not being able to commit.

It's a weird one because I agree with Suyin's reasoning for not wanting to be the new Earth Queen. In order for to rule, she would have to enforce her philosophies onto the rest of the nation so they can unite and that's a trait that dictators possess. Everyone should be able to live with their own individualism.

With the most recent episode, I believe it still would have been a better option than Kuvira's taking over. Being an Emperor doesn't have to mean a slave state or keeping the people down. Rome had Emperor Augustus who was ruthless to his enemies but okay with the people and his reign started the Pax Romana.

Suyin fukked up and she grimey. Now she want to deal with the situation by getting the one up on her former protege while she asleep? :rudy:

It's shyt like that, that makes it hard to root for the good guys. They don't got the balls for shyt.

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
Nah man, I think Bataar is a lost cause. That nikka gets under my skin :heh: Terrible, terrible character. Good as in the way he's written, but he's so unlikable.

I dont know man. To me, there's been a running theme throughout Avatar about family. Bataar has turned on his family, but i dont think he has had to do anything despicable to them personally. I think down the road, Kuvira will sentence Suyin to death. Its at that point that even simp ass Bataar will realize that Kuvira is crossing lines that he is not willing to follow. He may not flip a full 180 on Kuvira, and he still may go down with the ship, but In the end, he will make some kind of decision that saves his family.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Oh and :salute: to Varrick for willing to off himself to prevent a super weapon from being developed.

Dude is showing more guts than Korra right now :mjpls:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Korra has to be the woat avatar ever. :snoop: How many episodes are they giving us this season?

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That might have been the biggest l korra has taken. She didn't even hit Kuvira until she did that wind attack.

Kuvira was ali and korra is michael dokes

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
damn i thought my baby korra was about to get a win Aang style (u know cuz he nvr got a win outside of the avatar state) but she still got issues brehs :mjcry:....no doubt in my mind she was gonna lose tho cuz its the middle of the season but boy kuvira was looking like prime sugar ray leonard against korra :to:..gotta give a big :pacspit: to this dude bataar cuz wat he doing his family is just despicable, and the sad thing is i bet he not gettin no p*ssy from kuvira, bytch ass mufukka prolly dont even get a kiss but he willing to betray his fam like that :pacspit:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Meelo is my second favorite character now after Kuvira, that boy is too thorough :salute:

I died when I saw his painting

And then he gave those Earth Kingdom robots that work

But Kuvira ... man ... :wow: I said earlier in this thread that I find it hard to hate her, and it's because she's EXTREMELY well written - so cold, so calculating ... the way she was dodging Korra's attacks like nothing ... nothing phases her. She's cold as ice :wow:
Me either. I thought Kuvira went into the Avatar State for a second :mjcry:

yeah I legit had the :wtf: face until i saw her hair had changed

I thought the same thing, brehs ... imagine if the show committed to that swerve and had dueling Avatars :lupe:

If anyone could handle it, it's Kuvira

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Yeah....im probably gonna just wait till the season ends or Korra actually becomes idk....umm legendary? Whichever comes 1st. I just cant take her getting handled anymore. Im not a "root for the bad guy" type and this chick is just piss-poor as a protagonist. Maybe Toph was right. Its a brave new world and that avatar shyt might be played like a high top fade, they just dont need the avatar anymore.