The Legend of Korra

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
How many L's can Korra keep taking :mjcry:

The writing has been exceptional this season. I won't lie, I'm rooting for Korra more than I was in the previous seasons because it's so hard to watch her being a broken woman like this :mjcry:

Varrick is an awesome character. They've written him perfectly so we get to see the perfect balance of his humour and ingenious.

Kuvira is cold though. She's in my opinion, one of the best villains in the LOK already. Calculated, calm, confident, vicious and emotionless. They are setting themselves up for a huge ending though. Korra is going to have to dig deep to beat Kuvira

Varrick is hilarious to me. I didn't' expect his character to still be here now to be honest. He seemed like a filler character in the second book.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I had a feeling she was going to be outclassed.

I noticed they slowed down the animation too. Maybe alluding to the fact that Korra isn't 100% at the moment. The animation was CLEARLY slower than what we're accustomed to seeing in the Avatar series.
she was visibly exhausted by the time the first cutoff to varrick an bolin. kuvira was on her rope a dope just letting korra throw out a whole bunch of uncoordinated attacks.

korra just isn't in fighting shape right now

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
she was visibly exhausted by the time the first cutoff to varrick an bolin. kuvira was on her rope a dope just letting korra throw out a whole bunch of uncoordinated attacks.

korra just isn't in fighting shape right now
I think it's more than just being in fighting shape though. There's still something mentally wrong with her. The metal is gone and she's still hallucinating. Something is wrong with her. She had a chance for the kill-shot on Kuvira and couldn't deliver it.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Kuvira is cold though. She's in my opinion, one of the best villains in the LOK already. Calculated, calm, confident, vicious and emotionless. They are setting themselves up for a huge ending though. Korra is going to have to dig deep to beat Kuvira

Varrick is hilarious to me. I didn't' expect his character to still be here now to be honest. He seemed like a filler character in the second book.

The way Kuvira was dodging all of Korra's attacks was sick. She didn't let one hit land until Korra went into the avatar state which is crazy because she hasn't been billed as a master bender at all...she's just an all around great villain. I definitely think Toph is gonna make another appearance in order to get Korra's mind right.

Varrick's development has been great. He went from just being a rich inventor from the southern air temple tribe, to a key component in the politics of Republic City, to a key character against Kuvira's reign without even appearing in every episode.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
The way Kuvira was dodging all of Korra's attacks was sick. She didn't let one hit land until Korra went into the avatar state which is crazy because she hasn't been billed as a master bender at all...she's just an all around great villain. I definitely think Toph is gonna make another appearance in order to get Korra's mind right.

Varrick's development has been great. He went from just being a rich inventor from the southern air temple tribe, to a key component in the politics of Republic City, to a key character against Kuvira's reign without even appearing in every episode.

I think she was indirectly billed as a master bender though. Look at how much respect Suyin showed Kuvira. You could tell she respected her power, long before Kuvira had an army. Suyin didn't try to stop Kuvira when she said that she was leaving Zaofu and taking her security force. She also didn't try to take her 1 on 1, instead opting to sneak her. The respect for Kuvira's bending has been clear.

Suyin had no problem going 1 on 1 with Lei, but showed Kuvira all the respect in the world. Also, Suyin has repeatedly said that Kuvira was smart and a natural leader.

Plus, this GIF right here is proof of her pure accuracy :wow:
To round them all up like that, while they're moving and to not physically harm a single one of them while dodging their attacks is pretty amazing. She didn't waste one movement. Her fighting style is just like her personality. Calm, Cool, Collected, Calculated, And Sharp

WindyCriminalDarklingbeetle.gif

Which also foreshadowed that she would sort of take Korra down easily. If she can do that to 10+ moving targets, then Korra's stationary fighting style should be no issue.

Last edited:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I think it's more than just being in fighting shape though. There's still something mentally wrong with her. The metal is gone and she's still hallucinating. Something is wrong with her. She had a chance for the kill-shot on Kuvira and couldn't deliver it.

this is just me but the last time she really went into the avatar state she went berserk she was really trying to kill zaheer. you notice how when she got the upper hand on kuvira she immediately went overboard with how she was going to attack her? she's changed and doesn't want to be ultra violent anymore and the way she gets while in the avatar state scares her

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
It's getting pretty sad korra like this. I'm not surprised she lost. She could barely walk, and wasn't she just getting her ass beat by that random bender before. Plus her avatar state doesn't have the previous avatars anymore.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
We're only 6 eps into this season, so that alone told me Korra wasn't gonna win.

"Get your hands off me. You're crushing my individuality" :russ:

Varrick kept telling Bolin to "do the thing" and Bolin had no clue to what Varrick was talking about.

Gotta :salute: Varrick for going kamikaze. Varrick was smart by dodging all of Bataar's questions about the bomb so that Bataar didn't learn anything about it.

Kuvira must got that good-good to have Bataar going against his own blood.

Kuvira is so surgerical with it. Dodging all of Korra's moves and just picking apart Korra at the same time.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Earth benders as ninjas would be GOAT assassins. Disappearing into the ground:ohlawd:
Kuvira treating Korra like Ray Rice treated his girl:whew:
The ether Sue and her husband must feel for their son betraying them like that:sadbron:
What a dope ass episode:banderas: