The Legend of Korra

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still find it hard to be totally against Kuvira at this point :manny:
So you're for slave labor and re-education camps for people who aren't loyal? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. She started out with good intentions and she's on her way to becoming Hitler armed with a death ray.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I still find it hard to be totally against Kuvira at this point :manny:
She had a point at first, but once she started threatening to kill people for not obeying her and talking about "re-education camps" I was like :huhldup:

You know she's gone too far when even Varrick is like :whoa:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
So you're for slave labor and re-education camps for people who aren't loyal? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. She started out with good intentions and she's on her way to becoming Hitler armed with a death ray.

She had a point at first, but once she started threatening to kill people for not obeying her and talking about "re-education camps" I was like :huhldup:

You know she's gone too far when even Varrick is like :whoa:

I think it's because of her take-no-shorts attitude rather than her actions :manny:

But yeah, when Varrick is showing restraint, it's an issue

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think it's because of her take-no-shorts attitude rather than her actions :manny:

But yeah, when Varrick is showing restraint, it's an issue
I just really noticed that Varrick is one of the best characters on the show. Great in the small doses they provide of him.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally caught all the episodes. Forgot all about this
Kuvira doesn't look as powerful as the other Korra season villains, but the way they're writing her character has been great:salute:
I love seeing the metal benders. That whole concept, mixed in with technology is dope as fukk:lawd:
The overall development of the characters and storyline have been the best of all the Korra seasons:win:
Korra ain't so annoying like the other seasons:ahh:
Finally seeing Toph. And her giving Korra that work:banderas:

Best season of Korra up to this point so far:blessed:

Nickelodeon only making this available online though:aicmon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finally caught up
Kuvira doesn't look as powerful as the other Korra season villains, but the way they're writing her character has been great:salute:
I love seeing the metal benders. That whole concept, mixed in with technology is dope as fukk:lawd:
The overall development of the characters and storyline have been the best of all the Korra seasons:win:
Korra ain't so annoying like the other seasons:ahh:
Finally seeing Toph. And her giving Korra that work:banderas:

Best season of Korra up to this point so far:blessed:

Nickelodeon only making this available online though:aicmon:
Like I said Korra quit pretending to be a kids show a while ago. Still kid accessible but this is clearly made for the older fans of the Avatar series.

I'm just glad Nick decided to do a labor of love and let this last season get made despite the failing ratings. Many networks like Cartoon Network would just cancel the show altogether.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Like I said Korra quit pretending to be a kids show a while ago. Still kid accessible but this is clearly made for the older fans of the Avatar series.

I'm just glad Nick decided to do a labor of love and let this last season get made despite the failing ratings. Many networks like Cartoon Network would just cancel the show altogether.

The reason the ratings were messed up is because of nick though.

They gave LOK no promotion and put it in the death time slot on Friday nights. When they gave it promotion and had it on Saturday mornings, it was doing well. they tried to kill the show.

It's doing really well online though, a lot of people watch it

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The first one was good but the past two seasons weren't that good to be honest:yeshrug:

I didn't care for Korra or the antagonists in the second and third seasons.

Korra has been annoying for all 3 seasons for the most part but at least in the first season, the antagonists were great. Amon and Tarlock to me were the best part and carried that season. Most of the good guys, from Korra, the brothers, Tenzin, etc weren't interesting or just annoying.

Season 2 and 3, Korra and her team were still annoying, and the antagonists, their stories, weren't as interesting or well written.

At least so far this season, Kuvira's development has been well done. And Korra and her team isn't as annoying, save for Bolin.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
The first one was good but the past two seasons weren't that good to be honest:yeshrug:

I didn't care for Korra or the antagonists in the second and third seasons.

Korra has been annoying for all 3 seasons for the most part but at least in the first season, the antagonists were great. Amon and Tarlock to me were the best part and carried that season. Most of the good guys, from Korra, the brothers, Tenzin, etc weren't interesting or just annoying.

Season 2 and 3, Korra and her team were still annoying, and the antagonists, their stories, weren't as interesting or well written.

At least so far this season, Kuvira's development has been well done. And Korra and her team isn't as annoying, save for Bolin.
You are certainly in the minority here. The third season has received acclaim from just about everyone :lupe:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
tumblr_necq5d3Ong1ry1sxno1_500.gif

tumblr_necq5d3Ong1ry1sxno2_500.gif

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the third and fourth seasons are far better than the second and just a bit better than the first. As far as I'm concerned. the first season should have been the third. the second season should have been the fourth and the last season to tie it all together with the red lotus. They could have found a way to have the first half of season one end with the spirits getting out. Amon could have been skipped entirely since he was nobody anyway.
Nah Amon was too good of a villain to just skip :camby:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
does anyone else realize how cutthroat Su is? :patrice:

she killed P'li /there was plenty of other things she could've done to stop her but she kills her no hesitation
she sent korra off like a rabid dog to catch aiweh and act out her own brand of justice/not to mention she had just made up with lin and jeopardized the relationship by lying to her.

korra::whoa: "maybe I can reason with her"
suyin: ok:mjpls: and went off to assasinate kuvira

she has no problem telling people they are no longer welcome in Zaofu

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
does anyone else realize how cutthroat Su is? :patrice:

she killed P'li /there was plenty of other things she could've done to stop her but she kills her no hesitation
she sent korra off like a rabid dog to catch aiweh and act out her own brand of justice/not to mention she had just made up with lin and jeopardized the relationship by lying to her.

korra::whoa: "maybe I can reason with her"
suyin: ok:mjpls: and went off to assasinate kuvira

she has no problem telling people they are no longer welcome in Zaofu
I think she's just big on protecting her family. Probably due to her tainted relationship with Toph, and not having Lei around her life for so long. She longed for family for so long, and I think she does whatever she believes is necessary to keep them all together.

As far as her sending Korra off, I think she saw a lot of herself in Korra. Which is why she did what she did to catch Aiweh.

She didn't kill P'Li. P'Li killed herself :sas2:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I think she's just big on protecting her family. Probably due to her tainted relationship with Toph, and not having Lei around her life for so long. She longed for family for so long, and I think she does whatever she believes is necessary to keep them all together.

As far as her sending Korra off, I think she saw a lot of herself in Korra. Which is why she did what she did to catch Aiweh.

She didn't kill P'Li. P'Li killed herself :sas2:
but she had no problem lying to lin after just making up with her. and she let korra go talk to kuvira while plotting to do her own thing
she means well but she is shady

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
but she had no problem lying to lin after just making up with her. and she let korra go talk to kuvira while plotting to do her own thing
she means well but she is shady
She lied to Lin because she was right. It's the Avatar's duty to maintain order and to take on the biggest objectives. Had she listened to Lin and Korra went back to Republic City. Zaheer would have won, and would have never been stopped.

We don't know what happens yet. We'll have to wait until Friday.