The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many hours left do you think?

I haven't had a difficult fight since the Prologue or whenever I fought Xeno and the other guy. It's been easy as fukk since then. I haven't gone near those random dragons spread throughout the world yet though.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How many hours left do you think?

I haven't had a difficult fight since the Prologue or whenever I fought Xeno and the other guy. It's been easy as fukk since then. I haven't gone near those random dragons spread throughout the world yet though.
For where you are in the game, the only thing really challenging are the optional bosses

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs were to go to find the last few fish? At the end of the game but have to get this trophy.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm missing rainbow trout apparently. And despite using multiple different rods in multiple different locations I can't seem to catch it. :mjcry:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally found that fukking fish.

Nearly over, just have a few boss battles to do. I'm levels 112-115 in the last dungeon so I assume I'm way over-levelled. All in all I've enjoyed this one over the first one, although because its more open, you are more powerful and the game has gotten easy as fukk.

llt23

All Star
Daps
This just dropped on steam, 35 bucks with a 10 percent discount this week. Worth it for that price brehs? Feel like it might be a lil overpriced considering at this point its an old game. I am def looking for a game to hold me down, feel like theres a gaming drought right now til later in the month.

I have the first trails game, Trails in the sky, and while I enjoy it it definitely lacks polish so I kinda put it on the backburner after doing some quests. That game though came out many years before cold steel though so Im wondering how different it is.

llt23

All Star
Daps
It has about 100 hours of gameplay so 35 bucks is worth it.

Im still a lil on the fence though. The OG trails looks like it had a lottt of hours of content but I just dropped it. I do love a good jrpg though. Im wondering if it has the same 'quest' system as the OG and how upgrading and all that works. In the first trails they had these orb type things and you had to buy and upgrade them and it waas a lil confusing. Tryna do some research n figure out if its more intuitive in this one.

I just wanna make sure its a game that I'm gonna complete and not just drop. Hard to tell ATM.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This just dropped on steam, 35 bucks with a 10 percent discount this week. Worth it for that price brehs? Feel like it might be a lil overpriced considering at this point its an old game. I am def looking for a game to hold me down, feel like theres a gaming drought right now til later in the month.

I have the first trails game, Trails in the sky, and while I enjoy it it definitely lacks polish so I kinda put it on the backburner after doing some quests. That game though came out many years before cold steel though so Im wondering how different it is.
I liked it so much I bought it on the PS3 and Vita and will also buy on the PC. I prefer Trails in the Sky FC and SC to Cold Steel I and II though. A lot of people sleep on The Sky games because they're old but they're worth playing. I would play both of them before getting into Cold Steel just because Cold Steel will spoil some of their plot. Also Trails in the Sky SC is the best game of the Trails series.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I liked it so much I bought it on the PS3 and Vita and will also buy on the PC. I prefer Trails in the Sky FC and SC to Cold Steel I and II though. A lot of people sleep on The Sky games because they're old but they're worth playing. I would play both of them before getting into Cold Steel just because Cold Steel will spoil some of their plot. Also Trails in the Sky SC is the best game of the Trails series.

Word. I got 6 hours on the first game. TBH I didnt really mind the slow pacing. I think I only just got to the point where you can actually start the real quest...Last thing I remember was fukking up some monsters messing with farm animals.

But the menus, and in general all the little things just felt unpolished. Compared to even an SNES rpg it would be subpar in terms of that... Im not usually the kind of guy to complain about stuff like that but it kinda bugged me in this. Just felt a little cheap. Its definitely not a thing about not liking old games....im old at this point as a gamer so I dont mind older style graphics.

I do appreciate your passion for the series and it is helping ease my mind about copping. I also read the games take place on diff continents or something like that so its more of a i wont get the references rather than a spoiler?? TBH I think playing this fresh new game might get me more interested to backtrack to the old games later.