The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still can't get over the ending to Cold Steel II. It has much more of an ending than Cold Steel did in that it doesn't end on what one would call a cliffhanger and the epilogue puts a nice bow on the Class VII story. It's still not much of an ending overall and it leaves the direction the story goes in next completely unclear. The third game has been announced but I can't even say I have an idea of where things go next, who the cast will be, and who the main character would even be. I think I know who the antagonist might be but even that remains to be seen. I wish they'd put out more info on Cold Steel III at least a decent trailer. One thing I do expect is much of Class VII will be NPCs in Cold Steel III. It also seems like this could be a game like the 3rd where many people who weren't playable in the first two games become playable and the main character of the first two games isn't the main of it. That's complete speculation though.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I've been sitting on the end of Act 2 for a while now. I'll get to beating this game eventually but its at such a good pace that I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage just making time for it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dafuq is this Xeno and Leonidas fight. shyt is impossible. :what:
If you're talking the first one its one of those battles you can lose and there isn't a penalty. by the time you get to the second one you're so overpowered it's easy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Huh? I can't lose it, it says I have to retry every time.
I guess you have to hold out then cause I never beat them. I think I just depleted their health enough and the fight ended.

edit: you have to last 40 turns against them. I looked it up.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Turn Fie into an evasion tank. Fie, Laura, and Alisa were my mvps of the game. Fie is like naked Dunban in Xenoblade.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Turn Fie into an evasion tank. Fie, Laura, and Alisa were my mvps of the game. Fie is like naked Dunban in Xenoblade.
Yeah, Alisa was kinda trash in the 1st one. In 2 she's a perfect battery for the whole squad no matter the situation.

Emma can drop crazy, sustained damage out over time as well. Laura is just gonna smack the fukk out of everything regardless of the situation though - even the defenseistoohighfornormalattacks bosses.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, Alisa was kinda trash in the 1st one. In 2 she's a perfect battery for the whole squad no matter the situation.

Emma can drop crazy, sustained damage out over time as well. Laura is just gonna smack the fukk out of everything regardless of the situation though - even the defenseistoohighfornormalattacks bosses.
I only used magic attacks when I got the lost arts. I put one on Emma and one on Alisa. I slept on magic attacks the whole game. Alisa was good at cooking this dish that gave 77cp so I kept feeding Laura and Rean those till 200cp and used their second s-breaks most bosses could only take 2 or 3 before dying.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just found out who professor Thomas really is. Mind blown. You have to do a ng+ side quest to find out but a hint at it is
Kevin

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I only used magic attacks when I got the lost arts. I put one on Emma and one on Alisa. I slept on magic attacks the whole game. Alisa was good at cooking this dish that gave 77cp so I kept feeding Laura and Rean those till 200cp and used their second s-breaks most bosses could only take 2 or 3 before dying.
Arts were my main damage dealer during the beginning portion of the game. Just too dependable when it came to damage.

Plus some of the quartz on-hit effects made AoE spam just filthy.