The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This story even slower than the first game. :deadrose:
The story to the game is pretty rough overall. You can tell they padded this game. Originally Trails I and II were one game and it got split. Trails II doesn't have much of a story to be honest. The plot twists at the end of the game does force you to rethink everything though. It hopefully pays off in the third game but it leaves the second game's story in shambles IMO.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The story to the game is pretty rough overall. You can tell they padded this game. Originally Trails I and II were one game and it got split. Trails II doesn't have much of a story to be honest. The plot twists at the end of the game does force you to rethink everything though. It hopefully pays off in the third game but it leaves the second game's story in shambles IMO.

Yeah I'm getting this impression.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finish Act 1 then talk :mjlol:
I like the game but most of the story is filler. Almost nothing happens the whole game and at the very end they pull about 3 plot twist on you though one of them can barely be called a plot twist. the second plot twist however completely renders the entire plot of the game irrelevant. the third twist i definitely didn't perdict but that will maybe have ramifications in the next game.

1. Osborne is still alive.
2. Rufus the head of the noble faction is an ironblood working for Osborne. The whole game was a xanatos gambit for Osborne to eliminate all the nobles opposition to him.
3. Osborne is Rean's biological father.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game picks up, not the story, where still almost nothing has happened. I don't give a fukk about stories in video games though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The game picks up, not the story, where still almost nothing has happened. I don't give a fukk about stories in video games though.
If I didn't care about stories and the cast I would never play JRPGs. WRPGs are superior in most other regards and they open up in the beginning.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So wait I'm on 2.4 after arresting
Jusis's Father
but I've only done one of the Spirit Shrines? Gamefaqs says I should have done four of them by now? :patrice:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So wait I'm on 2.4 after arresting
Jusis's Father
but I've only done one of the Spirit Shrines? Gamefaqs says I should have done four of them by now? :patrice:
You're pretty much at the end game. You do the last 3 after the first one. There's story stuff between. There still two more acts after you beat the game. Both of them are setup for the next game. One of them involves spoilers for the crossbell games but part III will probably spoil those all the way anyway.

If you feel like it post your reaction to the ending. I found it interesting and a bit unusual. It gives closure to the story arcs in the first game and this one but it also changes everything. It is the game changer it was said to be. The game doesn't end on a cliffhanger at all so that's a plus but at the same time it leaves you wanting more.