The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Azure Knight fight is straight bullshyt.

I'm sorry but whoever greenlit this fight is a fuvking retard. Who the fukk makes the final battle in a game an rng, luck based and completely opponent favoured mess like this shyt?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This Azure Knight fight is straight bullshyt.
I never had an issue with it. Beat it the first try. All the knight fights in the second one were too easy.

What's really bullshyt is the last boss fight in the finale chapter of game 2 is a series of 5 fights and in one of them you have to use party members you normally don't use. I mean you can break your team up and spread them out but you need decent equipment for everybody. I usually didn't use Jusis, Machias, Millium, and Gaius.

My normal party is Alisa, Rean, Laura, and Fie with Emma and Elliot as reserves rotated in for extra healing when Alisa can't which is almost never. Alisa, Fie, and Laura are some really broken characters. Alisa is a walking CP battery for everyone. Fie at 100% eva can't really be touched and Laura is a boss slayer. The boss fight I had to use my non-regulars was the hardest fight I had in the game next to the first of that series.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not enough CP to finish the fight, dude always has 10% of his health level unless you get silly lucky. I know if I do it ten more times I'll win it but what an awful way to finish the game.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do levels matter for this? I assume not? What level were you when you finished the game @winb83 ? I'm like 68.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Do levels matter for this? I assume not? What level were you when you finished the game @winb83 ? I'm like 68.
I was the same level.

Just find that weak spot early, when he gets into stances gamble when you can - otherwise use CP to get that guaranteed miss/counter

took me 2 tries because i tried to strong arm it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I really hope we can end up getting those Crossbell games because they're deeply intertwined with what happens towards the end of Cold Steel I and all of II. It kinda sucks seeing the aftermath of the end game of the Crossbell games in Cold Steel II and not really having a good idea of what 's happening or who certain characters are.

I guess it isn't all bad because I hear that the Crossbell games spoil Cold Steel more than it spoils them.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was the same level.

Just find that weak spot early, when he gets into stances gamble when you can - otherwise use CP to get that guaranteed miss/counter

took me 2 tries because i tried to strong arm it

That was normal though?

I've died to him fifteen or so times now, can't get beyond the final 5-10% of his health and he has an s-link that does almost half your health. I mean really, fukk this fight.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That was normal though?

I've died to him fifteen or so times now, can't get beyond the final 5-10% of his health and he has an s-link that does almost half your health. I mean really, fukk this fight.
Yeah. You know you can unbalance him too to interrupt some of his bigger attacks right?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Won it by spamming the speed/strength buff but what a shyt fight to finish the game.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. You know you can unbalance him too to interrupt some of his bigger attacks right?

Honestly the two unbalance attacks are worthless, 30% and 50% with little damage isn't worth the CP cost. The buff is the way to go, with, of course, a big dose of luck.