The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Quitting this game. This C fight is straight bullshyt and only winnable if you get stupidly lucky. Spam faint attacks and hope he doesn't get his special attack which kills everyone in a massive radius off. Lame, lame, lame.
This is an easy game to break. The only real boss fight I had trouble with was the "final boss" I simply had Laura cut it down on her own with s-crafts.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'll try it again, will probably get it eventually, just isn't a particularly interesting or fun fight.
I think that's one of the last major fights before the final school house floor. It's almost the end of the game. The "final boss" will actually suck up one of your characters and use them as a battery to heal. I put Laura in critical low hp and gave her items to instantly get an s-craft and she just wailed on it until it fell. I think it took 3 s-crafts. She had the master quartz that amplifies damage when health is low.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those out there who might get stuck:

-> Everyone should have a faint resistant acc.

-> Angelica spamming her 90% faint art on C.

-> Ruan spamming arc slash on the two machines, once they die you spam his 50% faint/burn attack on C.

-> I had Machias primarily using his art speed buff on Angelica and keeping Adamantine Shield on everyone. Speed/def buffs otherwise.

-> Alisa on healing/speed buff/impassion duty.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just finished Act 2-2 in Cold Steel 2 and that boss at the end of it the normal party fights gave me fits. Party was Purple Lightning, Emma, Laura, and Alisa. I had Fie, Rean, and the guest character too but I had to permanently bench them for the fight. Laura with Taurus absolutely wrecks everything though. If you can get off 2 s-crafts at 200 cp damn near any boss is dead. A critical came up and I had her s-break and it was a wrap but it took a few fights to line that up.

I'll admit my set up isn't the best. Other than putting Taurus on Laura everyone else has their default master quartz and I've almost never used the overdrive function in the whole game so far.

Rean has the accessory from the Severing Chains (all the people who haven't beat Cold Steel 1 won't know who that is yet) that they gave me for having the highest link rate with them before act 2 started and I put impede 1 and 2 on him. Outside of that not much strategy has gone into anything.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I just finished Act 2-2 in Cold Steel 2 and that boss at the end of it the normal party fights gave me fits. Party was Purple Lightning, Emma, Laura, and Alisa. I had Fie, Rean, and the guest character too but I had to permanently bench them for the fight. Laura with Taurus absolutely wrecks everything though. If you can get off 2 s-crafts at 200 cp damn near any boss is dead. A critical came up and I had her s-break and it was a wrap but it took a few fights to line that up.

I'll admit my set up isn't the best. Other than putting Taurus on Laura everyone else has their default master quartz and I've almost never used the overdrive function in the whole game so far.

Rean has the accessory from the Severing Chains (all the people who haven't beat Cold Steel 1 won't know who that is yet) that they gave me for having the highest link rate with them before act 2 started and I put impede 1 and 2 on him. Outside of that not much strategy has gone into anything.
I honestly stopped using Laura for a while because she was just too fukking strong. Especially when you add Lost Arts into the mix.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm sorry but the plot of part 2 is getting really stupid. I'm at the end of act 2 and despite the fact that
Crow betrayed them and murdered the chancellor they're talking about bringing him back and him graduating. He's a murderer. It wasn't an accident.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm sorry but the plot of part 2 is getting really stupid. I'm at the end of act 2 and despite the fact that
Crow betrayed them and murdered the chancellor they're talking about bringing him back and him graduating. He's a murderer. It wasn't an accident.
In their defense, seeing the country really drove the point home that the guy was a b*stard.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I honestly stopped using Laura for a while because she was just too fukking strong. Especially when you add Lost Arts into the mix.
I put Severing Chains master quartz and accessory on Rean and with the two impedes quartz he stalls out most opponents in fights with delays. I put the Domination Quartz on Laura with Taurus. They stack together and I just have her move around the field till a critical pops up so I don't waste the first hit. When one comes up she jumps in with an s-break and the bosses are typically left with 1/3rd or less health. From that point Emma and Alisa pad Laura up with cp with their crafts and she's got two gladiator belts on her also. I can usually get her back up to 100-200 cp in a couple of turns and a normal s-break kills the boss. I've also got Fie with 95% evasion and almost nothing can touch her. I put the critical counter quartz on her too.

Most bosses are dead before they can get in 2-3 turns because Rean can stall them out almost indefinitely with normal attacks. I've seriously broken the game. at 46 hours I finished the shrines and am about to start the final chapter after I deal with Thors. I think there's another chapter after the final and an epilogue after that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just dealt with the whole school plot. The two boss battles were completely dumb. The first one a critical popped up on the first turn and I used Laura's second S-Break and all the bosses died right there. They never got a turn. The second fight was much harder but still easy.

I'm at the final bonding event, I can do one with Laura, Alisa,
Sara, and the princess

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that's one of the last major fights before the final school house floor. It's almost the end of the game. The "final boss" will actually suck up one of your characters and use them as a battery to heal. I put Laura in critical low hp and gave her items to instantly get an s-craft and she just wailed on it until it fell. I think it took 3 s-crafts. She had the master quartz that amplifies damage when health is low.

Won this fairly legit. Just aoe buffs, items and s-links.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I've bought the second one but I dunno if I should jump right in after spending nearly 90 hours on part 1. :patrice:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just beat the final chapter holy shyt at the plot twists. I can't say I didn't see the first one coming but the second one floored me. On to the divertissement and epilogue.