The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PC, Switch, PS5, PS4) (July 7, 2023)

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
About to start this piff..is hard too hard?? I beat 3 and 4 on hard but nikkas online are scaring me lol

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
About to start this piff..is hard too hard?? I beat 3 and 4 on hard but nikkas online are scaring me lol
its easy as hell and honestly - its 100% a fan appreciation game. you have an abundance of everything at all times and there's bloat everywhere you look.

but its also a shoutout to essentially every character between crossbell and the cold steel series. hard to be mad about it imo because its obvious the game is an open love letter for continuous support, but just know what you're in for.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
You will be fine. This at least the Japanese version I played has it where bosses are more tankier in terms of health. But the thing its easy to get some fukking broken setups and deal insane damage. The start is a hassle when I played on nightmare, so might be the same regardless of diificulty but once you can figure out the proper setups gameplay is actually the most fun with a trails game I had since Sky 3rd for me.

I will state this DO NOT PLAY ON ABYSS AS A FIRST PLAYTHROUGH. It's unbalanced and its meant for NG+ but even I am not crazy enough to do that.

Screen_Shot_2023-11-12_at_2.10.28_PM.png

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Aight thanks guys,yea I started on hard...

Gonna take my sweat time so it last me till FF 7 part 2 šŸ˜‚

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
its worse than ever this time around because its very clear they are not serious :mjlol:
I disagree CS 3 & CS 4 were much much worse in this regard. They were just padding content for the sake with horrific storytelling. God the list of cons of those 2 games is endless.

Not to mention the actual story in Reverie compared to majority of games in this series is short.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I disagree CS 3 & CS 4 were much much worse in this regard. They were just padding content for the sake with horrific storytelling. God the list of cons of those 2 games is endless.

Not to mention the actual story in Reverie compared to majority of games in this series is short.
the story in reverie is mostly nonsense so its hard to care about what anyone has to say next. and everything to do with the crossbell crew in particular is the very epitome of padding.

and there's multiple instances in reverie where people are just slapped onto teams where they know no one but outside of a few quips with particular characters, they just ramble off empty "we believe in each other and the power of friendship!"s until the plot is allowed to continue inching forward

as bad as cs3 and 4 got at times, the entirety of reverie may as well match the pacing of the airship meeting dialogue - its terrible.

but its a fan appreciation game so i legit can't get mad

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
the story in reverie is mostly nonsense so its hard to care about what anyone has to say next. and everything to do with the crossbell crew in particular is the very epitome of padding.

and there's multiple instances in reverie where people are just slapped onto teams where they know no one but outside of a few quips with particular characters, they just ramble off empty "we believe in each other and the power of friendship!"s until the plot is allowed to continue inching forward

as bad as cs3 and 4 got at times, the entirety of reverie may as well match the pacing of the airship meeting dialogue - its terrible.

but its a fan appreciation game so i legit can't get mad
Oh I agree with the crossbell route being awful. As it is literally a rehash of their arcs from those 2 games. Cold Steel route just like Cold Steel is Rean and his followers. Well Reverie actually gives him decent arc compared to the cold steel games were its basically recycled in those games.

Story wise Reverie is whatever, but at least with it being much shorter makes it much more bearable to tolerate. But C route is where it shines with character development it does with C and his crew. Also adding on the characters that also join him on his route are far more interesting then either of the two others routes. Tbh the game would be much better if it was just his route, but like you said its a fan appreciation game so it is what it is.

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
:russ: Watch it nikkas don't spoil

As for me am just happy to see the crew together...

I shoulda copped the switch version so my saves would transfer over ohh well

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Am on chapter iv....this shyt is short and now am feening to play azure, Cs 3 and Cs 4 again

Sigh :francis: :mjgrin: