The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PC, Switch, PS5, PS4) (July 7, 2023)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game has much better pacing because they moved all the padding to the optional part of the game. It does reduce the role of characters that mostly existed in the side quest though.

Most of the side content was moved to the True Reverie Corridor. There's none of all that padding between main quest anymore. I think the main quest is going to take about 40-50 hours tops.

The routes are pretty much laser focused on story beats. The TRC makes level grinding pointless. There's a mechanic there that allows people to easily level up without much effort. Also due to the cast bloat equipment is given out like candy.

A lot of the more tedious aspects of JRPGs were just jettisoned here for a lean experience.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Late into the game they plot takes a not unimaginable but still pretty wild for this series direction. Even at the end of Cold Steel IV I did not see this direction coming in this series.

An AI spontaneously comes into existence and has some sort of proxy war for control of itself after it seemingly develops other programs to manage itself that get inserted in mechanical bodies. One of them attempts to control mankind and force peace though a unified nation.

I think there's more to it because I'm about to start the final portion of the last chapter.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Beat this. 9/10 for me. Loved the ending. Really hope the series returns to C at some point. After all these harem focused protagonists C was a breath of fresh air and they did amazing character work in a minimal amount of time on him.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I haven't played CS4 but I thought Crow was in this?
Everyone from Cold Steel and the Crossbell games is in this. Most of the party members from Trails in the Sky appear and a good portion of them are playable.

The missing people are all from the Sky games. They are Zin, Kevin, and Ries the latter two are mentioned in a cutscene as being present in a battle but you never see them in person. I'm not counting people who were only playable in Trails in the Sky the 3rd.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
about to cop on friday after watching some recap videos, cuzz no way am replaying all 4 games lol i love this world/game but cant do it....

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
shyt the game went on sale today lol and i brought in monday.. am online with a psn agent tryna get the difference so i can buy something else with the difference