The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PC, Switch, PS5, PS4) (July 7, 2023)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok so is Reverie the “true” ending to the Cold Steel series?
It’s an epilogue that sets up the next chapter of the Trails series. It’s like Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Cold Steel already has a true ending after you get the normal ending.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It’s an epilogue that sets up the next chapter of the Trails series. It’s like Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Cold Steel already has a true ending after you get the normal ending.

Ok gotcha

The only reason I asked is because i’m finishing up Cold Steel Part 2 right now before moving onto part 3 but i’ve heard that Part 4 is a HUGE let down and was anticlimatic so I was wondering if Reverie was supposed to serve as the real ending for the fans

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wonder why they put her on the cover. I doubt she appears much in this game. For the few that don't know who she is this video IDs her and should be watched after beating Trails to Azure and Cold Steel IV. It's the secret ending of Cold Steel IV that requires 2 playthroughs. I'd also suggest not watching it on your main YouTube account due to Google's poor algorithm.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Ok gotcha

The only reason I asked is because i’m finishing up Cold Steel Part 2 right now before moving onto part 3 but i’ve heard that Part 4 is a HUGE let down and was anticlimatic so I was wondering if Reverie was supposed to serve as the real ending for the fans
after 2, 3 & 4 both are just a different energy because of how 'broad' impact becomes. There's nothing really anticlimactic about it as the scope changes so dramatically imo

i honestly try and steer clear of a lot of content creators and newer online dialogue regarding the series because people try really hard to attach attention grabbing/clickbait-esque language to a lot of events.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
$145 for the digital ultimate edition is crazy to me. I’ve seen ultimate editions going for $109 a lot, where you get the dlc or character packs too, but never $145. I guess some hardcore fans will buy it, but that’s getting a little pricey for 1 game, with no physical items like you get with collector’s editions.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$145 for the digital ultimate edition is crazy to me. I’ve seen ultimate editions going for $109 a lot, where you get the dlc or character packs too, but never $145. I guess some hardcore fans will buy it, but that’s getting a little pricey for 1 game, with no physical items like you get with collector’s editions.
These games rely heavily on "whales", like all niche Japanese games; hence the pricing.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok gotcha

Go back and play Trails from Zero/Azure on your PS4 or Switch or whatever before continuing with CS 3/4 - no reason not to now.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't gotten to CS4 yet and probably never will, so not going to bother this. Will buy it on sale to support Falcom, although I've supported them plenty at this stage. Going to do one Trails game a year - have done Zero, Azure next year and hopefully onto Kuro the year after.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Haven't gotten to CS4 yet and probably never will, so not going to bother this. Will buy it on sale to support Falcom, although I've supported them plenty at this stage. Going to do one Trails game a year - have done Zero, Azure next year and hopefully onto Kuro the year after.
Colds Steel IV is worth playing just for the rivalries of seven through the end. I'll admit the first half of the game is meh but the second half is great.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Grace sounds like a man trying to imitate how a woman sounds. It has to be a transgendered person.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Doesn’t feel right interacting with Sharon not having the playable character be Rean.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's no mistaking who C is. When you hear the voice even though it's modified it still sounds like another character. I thought that person was someone else before I actually heard the voice just off conversations I had about another game but it's not. Still obvious who it is though. I guess they aren't trying to hide it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game is better than the last game but at the same time it shouldn't have been made. They should have found a way to make Kuro without making basically Cold Steel 5 Crossbell 3.

The cast bloat is unmanageable. Rean especially after 4 games has all these friends that have really completed their character arcs and are just kinda there. They're hanging around they have to get their line in the cut scenes but they don't really serve a purpose anymore. The game tries to manage them by making you rotate through party members in the main story.

Part of the beauty of the Sky games was the characters now are just background cameos. They all had their arcs and got pushed off to the side. They pop up from time to time (some like Tita and Olivert more than say Joshua and Estelle) but they're pretty much finished. Joshua and Estelle are a perfect example of what needs to happen to the casts of both of these games. Their appearances are pretty much fan service at this point. Especially the original class VII they need to stop being playable characters.

The reason C's portion of the game works so much better than Rean and Lloyd's is because it doesn't have much of that baggage. Lapis, Nadia, and Swin are all free of it and C I mean is wearing a mask so clearly someone you know is behind it but that character doesn't really carry excessive baggage either.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This game is better than the last game but at the same time it shouldn't have been made. They should have found a way to make Kuro without making basically Cold Steel 5 Crossbell 3.

The cast bloat is unmanageable. Rean especially after 4 games has all these friends that have really completed their character arcs and are just kinda there. They're hanging around they have to get their line in the cut scenes but they don't really serve a purpose anymore. The game tries to manage them by making you rotate through party members in the main story.

Part of the beauty of the Sky games was the characters now are just background cameos. They all had their arcs and got pushed off to the side. They pop up from time to time (some like Tita and Olivert more than say Joshua and Estelle) but they're pretty much finished. Joshua and Estelle are a perfect example of what needs to happen to the casts of both of these games. Their appearances are pretty much fan service at this point. Especially the original class VII they need to stop being playable characters.

The reason C's portion of the game works so much better than Rean and Lloyd's is because it doesn't have much of that baggage. Lapis, Nadia, and Swin are all free of it and C I mean is wearing a mask so clearly someone you know is behind it but that character doesn't really carry excessive baggage either.
C’s route easily makes it the best game since Azure. Cold steel is a route where so much is stretched out in these game it’s ridiculous. CS saga should have been a Max of 3 games.

C is up there with Estelle and Kevin as best Mc in the series.

Not counting van right now cause his games aren’t in English yet.