The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Here's an interview that Sepinwall did with the creators of the show
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...errotta-on-their-dark-mysterious-hbo-series/1

They reiterate again that the disappearance is not the point of the show and they are not focusing on exactly what happened, but how the people cope with it after the fact.

If you really need to know a concrete answer as to what happened, I highly doubt the show will be for you :yeshrug:. It simply isn't the story the creators want to tell.

I'm fine with them not explaining as I doubt any real world explanation they would come up with would be any good. As long as the show itself is good, I'll be okay.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Pilot really didn't make me even want to see next weeks show brehs. Usually shows come out swinging with the premier... I felt like I was waiting for something to happen, and the only :krs: moment for me was when the lady of the Silent Smokers spoke to the women that showed up at the end.

I don't know about this one fellas...

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
The Pilot really didn't make me even want to see next weeks show brehs. Usually shows come out swinging with the premier... I felt like I was waiting for something to happen, and the only :krs: moment for me was when the lady of the Silent Smokers spoke to the women that showed up at the end.

People are saying that it's about the characters, and I don't mind shows like that at all but the acting, writing and directing have to be strong. That wasn't the case here in my opinion. Especially when compared to something like True Detective or even the pilot of Lost.

I try to give shows with average pilots a few episodes before throwing the show in the bushes and I will do the same here.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Here's an interview that Sepinwall did with the creators of the show
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...errotta-on-their-dark-mysterious-hbo-series/1

They reiterate again that the disappearance is not the point of the show and they are not focusing on exactly what happened, but how the people cope with it after the fact.

If you really need to know a concrete answer as to what happened, I highly doubt the show will be for you :yeshrug:. It simply isn't the story the creators want to tell.

I'm fine with them not explaining as I doubt any real world explanation they would come up with would be any good. As long as the show itself is good, I'll be okay.

Quoted for emphasis

Daps
This is dope, a bit disappointed that they're not going to say why the people disappeared.

I would hope that they would at least give some type of clues so we can go crazy with theories, but it doesn't sound like they have any interest in touching on it at all.

I'll watch next week

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont care about why they disappeared as long as that isn't the central aspect of the show and the writers arent pushing the mysteries like they were with lost (then using "characters" as an excuse after the fact). in that sense its a lot closer to the walking dead than it is to lost, for better or worse. ill check out the pilot tonight or tomorrow

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

a little of this.

again i hated the first ep of true detective but i stayed with it because i loved the leads as actors and ended up loving the show

not sure what gets me to stay here.. i'll give it another ep and see how i like it

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
a little of this.

again i hated the first ep of true detective but i stayed with it because i loved the leads as actors and ended up loving the show

not sure what gets me to stay here.. i'll give it another ep and see how i like it
I think the people that witnessed the departed disappear going apeshyt crazy is where they'll take the show.

They kind of alluded to this in the Pilot with the dogs. So, I'm curious to see if they turn it into something like that, but I really didn't find much that stood out to me after this 1st episode.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Walk with me a minute.....

The world changed, for everyone still there in all corners of the world, in an instance, and not one person knows why.

People LITERALLY disappeared in the blink of an eye with no reason, no story, no explanation, no HINT of why or how. A truly random act; Never to be repeated.

Cut to the start of this show; Its now been 3 years since that day, and no one else has disappeared, people are supposed to move on. Everything is as it was...except, nothing is how it was. Why did they go? Who took them? Where did they go? Are they OK? Is it God? Is it science? Why not me? Why them? Why not me and them together? What does it all mean? Is this a sign? Am I a bad person because I didn't go? Some of them weren't perfect, but still went, others were just babies. Why? How? I don't get it. How do I go back to normal when I don't know what normal is anymore? Could more of us disappear tonight? How about tomorrow? No, today, today the day where I disappear.

People lose faith. People gain faith. People lose hope. People look for hope. People look for answers, where their are none and no one is sure if it could happen to them next.

fukk where the people went, it's fascinating to wonder how it affects the people left.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Walk with me a minute.....

The world changed, for everyone still there in all corners of the world, in an instance, and not one person knows why.

People LITERALLY disappeared in the blink of an eye with no reason, no story, no explanation, no HINT of why or how. A truly random act; Never to be repeated.

Cut to the start of this show; Its now been 3 years since that day, and no one else has disappeared, people are supposed to move on. Everything is as it was...except, nothing is how it was. Why did they go? Who took them? Where did they go? Are they OK? Is it God? Is it science? Why not me? Why them? Why not me and them together? What does it all mean? Is this a sign? Am I a bad person because I didn't go? Some of them weren't perfect, but still went, others were just babies. Why? How? I don't get it. How do I go back to normal when I don't know what normal is anymore? Could more of us disappear tonight? How about tomorrow? No, today, today the day where I disappear.

People lose faith. People gain faith. People lose hope. People look for hope. People look for answers, where their are none and no one is sure if it could happen to them next.

fukk where the people went, it's fascinating to wonder how it affects the people left.

Exactly. 5 Star post. And that's why this show is truly scary if you put yourself in their shoes...I'm already addicted to this show