The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Walk with me a minute.....

The world changed, for everyone still there in all corners of the world, in an instance, and not one person knows why.

People LITERALLY disappeared in the blink of an eye with no reason, no story, no explanation, no HINT of why or how. A truly random act; Never to be repeated.

Cut to the start of this show; Its now been 3 years since that day, and no one else has disappeared, people are supposed to move on. Everything is as it was...except, nothing is how it was. Why did they go? Who took them? Where did they go? Are they OK? Is it God? Is it science? Why not me? Why them? Why not me and them together? What does it all mean? Is this a sign? Am I a bad person because I didn't go? Some of them weren't perfect, but still went, others were just babies. Why? How? I don't get it. How do I go back to normal when I don't know what normal is anymore? Could more of us disappear tonight? How about tomorrow? No, today, today the day where I disappear.

People lose faith. People gain faith. People lose hope. People look for hope. People look for answers, where their are none and no one is sure if it could happen to them next.

fukk where the people went, it's fascinating to wonder how it affects the people left.

Don't people ask similar or exactly a lot of these questions just thru the real tragedy life can be? It is a bit confusing to have a show with 1 singular supernatural event and then just go for realism the rest of the way. The context is all fukked up.
Plus if it is the Lost guy, fukk this show. It has to get rave reviews for me to check it. I ain't falling for the okeydoke twice.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
@hexagram23 OR @obarth YOU WATCH THIS shyt YET?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I just watched it and I think HBO done did it again with this one:wow: I was glued to the screen for every moment and there's not a single storyline/character that I find uninteresting. And I give zero shyts about what happened to everyone that disappeared:manny:The Rapture, aliens, spontaneous combustion on a molecular scale...run with whatever you wanna run with. They've already shown me they can have an intriguing show based purely on the "leftovers". Plus there are genuine "mysteries" woven into the story that don't rely on supernatural crap: The Guilty Remnant (the people in all white smoking cigs) and whatever the deal is with the nikka the police chief's son works for. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't seem like it's gonna be a show about people talking about their feelings and how they were and are effected by whatever happened on October 14th. They're already making great use of non-verbal communication(the musical score is a big part of that).

LOST is gonna get brought up all season when people talk about this show, but if they can take the best things from LOST, strong characters that you care about with interesting storylines, and avoid the urge to build an unnecessary, pandering mythology around where everyone went, this show could be special. And this is probably more so me, but I love grim depressing shyt so this(just like True Detective) is right up my alley:demonic::blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
From my first post in this thread I have trashed Lindelof, but if you watch this show thinking "Lindelof wrote it, it aint going anywhere" then you are not going to be able to enjoy it

You need to forget him. Transport your mind into their world. Imagine your little brother was one of those lost in the Sudden Departure. Feel the tension in the air. There is a lot to love here.

I'm not going to concern myself with the mystery anymore. If it gets answered, great. If not, I will judge the show accordingly when it is all said and done. I'm not going to let it ruin the show before it gets a chance.

Its not like "Lost" where you are also investing 3-4 hours per week outside of the show discussing fan theories, playing alternate universe games, etc, so if it ends up being complete shyt by the time it ends then so be it. There are a ton of shows with shytty conclusions or worse, no conclusion at all due to cancellation. For every Breaking Bad there are 10 Flash Forward's....its just the way of TV.

Just watch the damn show on Sunday then go about your lives til next week.
:manny:

People will make excuses for True Detective and its non-existent resolution until their face turns blue, but wanna rag on this great pilot?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I just watched it and I think HBO done did it again with this one:wow: I was glued to the screen for every moment and there's not a single storyline/character that I find uninteresting. And I give zero shyts about what happened to everyone that disappeared:manny:The Rapture, aliens, spontaneous combustion on a molecular scale...run with whatever you wanna run with. They've already shown me they can have an intriguing show based purely on the "leftovers". Plus there are genuine "mysteries" woven into the story that don't rely on supernatural crap: The Guilty Remnant (the people in all white smoking cigs) and whatever the deal is with the nikka the police chief's son works for. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't seem like it's gonna be a show about people talking about their feelings and how they were and are effected by whatever happened on October 14th. They're already making great use of non-verbal communication(the musical score is a big part of that).

LOST is gonna get brought up all season when people talk about this show, but if they can take the best things from LOST, strong characters that you care about with interesting storylines, and avoid the urge to build an unnecessary, pandering mythology around where everyone went, this show could be special. And this is probably more so me, but I love grim depressing shyt so this(just like True Detective) is right up my alley:demonic::blessed:
I had zero interest in this show till I read this review...

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty intriguing stuff. Plus it has Johnson from Peep Show in it :blessed:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Didn't feel like i was watching an HBO show. :manny: shyt felt like some ABC or something show.

Exactly how I fukking felt. This show is going to be Hung part two. Two seasons max, I just feel there isn't enough there.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Walk with me a minute.....

The world changed, for everyone still there in all corners of the world, in an instance, and not one person knows why.

People LITERALLY disappeared in the blink of an eye with no reason, no story, no explanation, no HINT of why or how. A truly random act; Never to be repeated.

Cut to the start of this show; Its now been 3 years since that day, and no one else has disappeared, people are supposed to move on. Everything is as it was...except, nothing is how it was. Why did they go? Who took them? Where did they go? Are they OK? Is it God? Is it science? Why not me? Why them? Why not me and them together? What does it all mean? Is this a sign? Am I a bad person because I didn't go? Some of them weren't perfect, but still went, others were just babies. Why? How? I don't get it. How do I go back to normal when I don't know what normal is anymore? Could more of us disappear tonight? How about tomorrow? No, today, today the day where I disappear.

People lose faith. People gain faith. People lose hope. People look for hope. People look for answers, where their are none and no one is sure if it could happen to them next.

fukk where the people went, it's fascinating to wonder how it affects the people left.

Na breh. Na. You can't have something that took millions of people, and expect people not to focus on it. From the looks of it, the only two characters they shown that actually is worth a damn is the half slut and the pops.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I was intrigued watching the pilot episode...I hope we see more science involved...I dont really care for the spiritual stuff.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Will definitely keep watching. The more I think about it the more I like it. Reminds me of a better acted R rated Under the Dome in a good way. The whole mystery is cool as an overarching plotline but i dont need scenes of scientists figuring it out or anything. Its only the pilot! Some people here all upset they didnt explain every detail. Damn theyll get to it.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Same thing some of us have been saying since the pilot, but people in here still will be butthurt if the show does not reveal the disappearance...the show is not called "The Disappearance"....its called "The Leftovers" for a reason and I think this show could really be special

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Millions of people across the globe just up and vanish = Meh, who cares :yeshrug: :yawn::snooze:

Man gets out of car to talk to deer = :gladbron: Yoooooooooooooooooo that shyt was so compelling. THE INTRIGUE!!!!....This show is already GOAT :ohlawd:

I fukking love this site :blessed:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Millions of people across the globe just up and vanish = Meh, who cares :yeshrug: :yawn::snooze:

Man gets out of car to talk to deer = :gladbron: Yoooooooooooooooooo that shyt was so compelling. THE INTRIGUE!!!!....This show is already GOAT :ohlawd:

I fukking love this site :blessed:
Yea that's exactly what we were saying...:comeon:you're pretty good at reading comprehension:usure:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Yea that's exactly what we were saying...:comeon:you're pretty good at reading comprehension:usure:

Gbhp5Dt.png

Bruh, I honestly don't see how you would take that post seriously considering the second sentence was an extreme exaggeration

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just watched the pilot and already this is gonna be one of those shows that you have to watch from the very beginning or else you'll be lost.

The show has me by the ball's brehs.:wow: