The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i thought it was ok

i watched it at 4 am and i was high as fukk and didnt fall asleep so i guess thats a good thing

surprised they didnt have the missing return at the end of the pilot

i really dont know where theyre gonna go with this if they arent gonna touch on why the people disappeared and where were they for 3 years

i thought that was the whole point of the show :mindblown:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i thought it was ok

i watched it at 4 am and i was high as fukk and didnt fall asleep so i guess thats a good thing

surprised they didnt have the missing return at the end of the pilot

i really dont know where theyre gonna go with this if they arent gonna touch on why the people disappeared and where were they for 3 years

i thought that was the whole point of the show :mindblown:

yea if its true that they wont show what happened or explain it all then i want to know now. that sounds fukked up if they dont show it

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just got finished watching. I'm on board with this. The shyt with the chiefs wife surprised me. That has to be horrible.
i didnt get it

these people are leaving their family to join a silent protest? why,cause of the missing?

so cause 1 family member disappears you gonna walk out on your entire family and never talk to them or see them?

shyt doesnt make sense to me

im sure they'll go deeper into it but they shouldve explained this(and alot more) in the pilot

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
6/10

Definition of average. Acting was shaky in some parts , dialogue was subpar and this has Lost tropes all over it which means things will be kept mysterious long enough until the audience forces the creators to hastily come up with ways to tie the subplots together.

It does have room to improve though.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
i didnt get it

these people are leaving their family to join a silent protest? why,cause of the missing?

so cause 1 family member disappears you gonna walk out on your entire family and never talk to them or see them?

im sure they'll go deeper into it but they shouldve explained this(and alot more) in the pilot

Leave it to a TargSetter to want the entire story laid out for him giftwrapped in episode 1 :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
i didnt get it

Thing is, no one in their immediate family disappeared. I'm assuming she took it as a sign from God to leave her family and join this group

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The show creators already said you'll NEVER find out why the people disappeared.

[

Its based on the novel. The novel never gave a reason why the people disappeared. The writer of the novel is one of the show creators and stated you'll never find out. I'll find a link though.

Exactly. If ya'll are watching to find out what happened to the people, you are watching for the wrong reasons and will be sorely disappointed. The point off the show is not the EVENT, but the LEFTOVERS and how to go on in life after such an event. I'm tuning in every week based on the premise of the show being centralized around the psychological struggle of people trying to live their lives everyday KNOWING THEY WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR LOVED ONES...can you imagine some crazy shyt like that happening to you? Scary and it makes you really think about how strong you are as a person...

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
[

Its based on the novel. The novel never gave a reason why the people disappeared. The writer of the novel is one of the show creators and stated you'll never find out. I'll find a link though.
i know it wasnt explained in the books but did he say they wouldnt explain it in the show?

if so then drop the link breh

not explaining in a book is one thing but i just dont see how the show can last multiple seasons if they dont explain it

Leave it to a TargSetter to want the entire story laid out for him giftwrapped in episode 1 :snoop:
breh they literally gave us nothing in the pilot

i dont think wanting an explanation for the mutes is asking for too much

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
i know it wasnt explained in the books but did he say they wouldnt explain it in the show?

if so then drop the link breh

not explaining in a book is one thing but i just dont see how the show can last multiple seasons if they dont explain it

breh they literally gave us nothing in the pilot

i dont think wanting an explanation for the mutes is asking for too much

Its not gonna happen dude. There will be no explanation and I'm perfectly fine with that...for this show, the Leftovers are more important than the mystery itself and if they did find out what happened, it would ruin the power of NEVER KNOWING...imagine a person losing someone and NEVER KNOWING what happened...imagine that psychological turmoil...that's what makes the Leftovers so powerful (and yes I read the book)

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Its not gonna happen dude. There will be no explanation and I'm perfectly fine with that...for this show, the Leftovers are more important than the mystery itself and if they did find out what happened, it would ruin the power of NEVER KNOWING...imagine a person losing someone and NEVER KNOWING what happened...imagine that psychological turmoil...that's what makes the Leftovers so powerful (and yes I read the book)
i completely disagree with the bolded

quick question: was the part about the missing dog that got shot in the books?

did they have a bunch of weird shyt like that happen in the book and not explain nothing at all? :mindblown: