The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I am watching now, so far I like it. Interesting to me, how people are. I can't imagine that, its like calm chaos.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
More than likely there won't be. The show is not about the event itself, but how people are forced to move on with their lives after such an incredible experience...that's the real mystery: how to survive and live day after day after such a tragic event.

If there isnt then its bullshyt.

Show has potential but if at the end of it all there isn't an explanation for the disappearances how would it be worth it? There's fun in unraveling mysteries and working toward solving it....there's also the sense of fulfillment once the loose ends are tied.

It's like ordering something you've really wanted off Amazon and not receiving it. You get your confirmation, you track the package to check the estimated delivery date, it's finally out for delivery and then the UPS truck doesn't show. All that anticipation and investment for an empty result. Didn't work for Lost or the Sopranos. The open ended guessing game only works for movies because they're a one off. TV has hours and hours to develop characters, conflict, and atmosphere so if your final season leaves viewers hanging then it undermines the work you put in creating all of it.

Its the pilot so let me chill.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
not sure how i feel on this one.. first 15 min were super super slow..

but then got more intriguing. i think i'm in..but we'll see where it goes

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I have to say I thought it was pretty good for the 1st episode.

Chiefs family is all fukked up, daughter out here crying while choking a guy as he jerks off :dwillhuh:

Son won't answer the phone because he hooked up with some cult ran by some intense black guy. Dude taking lashes to the back because he brought gummy worms to that Asian bitty :skip:

Wife didn't lose anybody in her family, but she running around in white pajamas, smoking, and not talking. I'm hoping they dive into that more as to why exactly these people are joining this cult. So far they are :comeon:status.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i was :patrice: through the first 20 minutes of the show.

then :why:

then :ehh:

then at the end with the dogs/wolves scene i was like :obama:"ill watch again why not?"

jury is out but it is HBO and there has never been an HBO show i started watching that i didnt like except for generation kill

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really liked it. The pacing was a little off, but in general, almost any extra length episode of any tv show has pacing issues.

However, I think it did a really great job of conveying the frustration I'd imagine we would all feel if something like this happened.

That scene at the end when the chief cut loose on those dogs.............:wow:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really enjoyed this. i liked the fact that much like lost they didnt forget the importance of music. most shows seem to half ass on it.

im intrigued by the plot and where it's potentially headed as well.

$lim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis, IN
had a chance to check this out last night. don't have HBO but watched it at a friends house. it was pretty good to me. my buddy thought it was kinda slow. slow to me is the first 5 episodes of The Killing. now that's SLOW. this kept my attention.