The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i dont care about why they disappeared as long as that isn't the central aspect of the show and the writers arent pushing the mysteries like they were with lost (then using "characters" as an excuse after the fact). in that sense its a lot closer to the walking dead than it is to lost, for better or worse. ill check out the pilot tonight or tomorrow
but it looks like they are pushing the mystery to me

is the thing with the dogs gonna be explained?

what about dude randomly seeing a deer throughout the episode then waking up and it looks like his kitchen was destroyed by a deer?

what about the random flashbacks in the episode?

they cant keep throwing this type of shyt in each episode and just say "well the show isnt about what happened,its about the people thats left :troll:"

edit: nevermind,just noticed you didnt watch the pilot yet

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not yet, I'm trying to see what the consensus is before I start watching. Damon Lindelof didn't create it but IMO he's among the WOAT TV writers so I'm kinda leery about his involvement. How was it breh?

Fred.

Lindelof did create the The Leftovers. It's based off a book, but he created the TV series. Like Frank Darabont created THE WALKING DEAD TV series.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lindelof did create the The Leftovers. It's based off a book, but he created the TV series. Like Frank Darabont created THE WALKING DEAD TV series.

You know what I mean. If he's using what someone else wrote as an outline there's (hopefully) less chance of him tossing a bunch of random shyt in there ala "Lost" or "Prometheus".

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what I mean. If he's using what someone else wrote as an outline there's (hopefully) less chance of him tossing a bunch of random shyt in there ala "Lost" or "Prometheus".

Fred.

That's not true. When you adapt a series from source material you can/and most likely will take all sorts of liberties to jive for your vision of the series. Dexter is based on a book and the TV series is nothing like the book. True Blood basically stopped using most of its source material. That's why you get the CREATOR credit for adapting a book/source material for a TV series. It's based on your vision for the material.

That's also why most book authors bytch about the adaptations of their work. Few have the juice to control the vision of their work. JK. Rowling is one of the few. And even then she didn't have final say over Harry Potter creatively.

Daps
The series premiere was intriguing. Not much was shown of the story, so that's one thing I felt was off. Acting & visuals were great. The brunette can choke me, any day. Minus the tears of shame

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's not true. When you adapt a series from source material you can/and most likely will take all sorts of liberties to jive for your vision of the series. Dexter is based on a book and the TV series is nothing like the book. True Blood basically stopped using most of its source material. That's why you get the CREATOR credit for adapting a book/source material for a TV series. It's based on your vision for the material.

That's also why most book authors bytch about the adaptations of their work. Few have the juice to control the vision of their work. JK. Rowling is one of the few. And even then she didn't have final say over Harry Potter creatively.

I'm saying since he has an outline hopefully he reins in the nonsense....not that he's gonna stick to the novel 100%.

Virtually anyone else could be running this show, and this conversation wouldn't exist because I wouldn't trip off the potential liberties they'd take, I'm tripping off the liberties Lindelof specifically might take. Very few people have that kind of baggage attached to their name. The only other person I can think of, that would make me immediately :whoa: from checking something out, is M. Knight Shyamalan.

Fred.

doublenegative

I Heard A Dope Beat
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
The Song Maker and the SK 5
Walk with me a minute.....

The world changed, for everyone still there in all corners of the world, in an instance, and not one person knows why.

People LITERALLY disappeared in the blink of an eye with no reason, no story, no explanation, no HINT of why or how. A truly random act; Never to be repeated.

Cut to the start of this show; Its now been 3 years since that day, and no one else has disappeared, people are supposed to move on. Everything is as it was...except, nothing is how it was. Why did they go? Who took them? Where did they go? Are they OK? Is it God? Is it science? Why not me? Why them? Why not me and them together? What does it all mean? Is this a sign? Am I a bad person because I didn't go? Some of them weren't perfect, but still went, others were just babies. Why? How? I don't get it. How do I go back to normal when I don't know what normal is anymore? Could more of us disappear tonight? How about tomorrow? No, today, today the day where I disappear.

People lose faith. People gain faith. People lose hope. People look for hope. People look for answers, where their are none and no one is sure if it could happen to them next.

fukk where the people went, it's fascinating to wonder how it affects the people left.

Powerful.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just watched it.

It was........okay. I felt I had already seen the episode because both trailers for the show were taken completely from the pilot. I usually give a show at minumum one season before I decide to keep watching.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Fred.
Although, the original script for prometheus was superior before that hack got his hands On it.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
fukk what y'all talking about. That's too many people to vanish out of thin air to be like "oh well :yeshrug: ....watching teens play spin the bottle is more intriguing then knowing what happened".

Naw but seriously the episode was cool. I'll stick around out of curiosity.