The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Apex

Banned
Daps
I would compare the show to the movie Children of Men. Out of nowhere mankind becomes infertile...for 18 years as of the start of the movie. Yeah, everyone obviously wonders why, but the movie never tells us. Instead they show us a world very different from what it used to be because of this apparent act of god. It's a "what if" scenario that creates discussion with no intention of explaining "why" the "what if" occurred. Granted,
at least one human becomes pregnant and gives humanity some hope by the end of the movie
, but that's never explained either.

Same goes for the movie The Road. What caused this dystopian future? Who knows?:yeshrug:The movie isn't about the "why", it's the "what if" and everything that comes after.
I'm not sure I wanna watch the show anymore, because I was really wondering about the why.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
just watched, it was straight. i never watched Lost past the first two seasons (and also the finale :lolbron:) so i never built up a hate for DL (even though he did ruin what Promethus had the potential to become :snoop: )

as has already been mentioned, im waiting for that heel turn from the white clothes cult. and for the people wanting an explanation, this is the coli. no explanation would ever satisfy dudes. rapture = fukk this religion bullshyt :beli:. aliens = fukk this impossible sci fi shyt:beli:

if done right, this show will be fine without an explanation, and again, as has already been said. the show is called the leftovers

That movie was trash breh (Children of Men)
wow i may have to neg you off general principle :wow:

Last edited:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
wtf kinda spin the bottle game is that? :snoop:

I'm more curious about the cult in all white that doesn't speak and chain smokes more than I am about the folks that disappeared.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
liv tyler had one good trait being fine as fine, that shiet is over now, #giveheraflattop

Amy Brennemam finally getting old after being this decades Sela Ward, the prototypical white fortysomething woman

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Exactly. 5 Star post. And that's why this show is truly scary if you put yourself in their shoes...I'm already addicted to this show

breh, "already addicted"? that statement reeks of desperation and wanting to get more out of it than you probably will. I will watch the season, but you sound like one of those people that will argue pointless things because you want to seem like you are enlightened and you "get it" when most other people are like :manny: it is what it is.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
whats this show saying brehs :lupe:

going to dl the pilot but it will be on a short leash

Lost burnt my soul and i refuse to let that happen to me again :affhold: