The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pilot didnt get my attention. Ill check out the next 2 eps but I dont know.

Im probably just gonna download the fukk scenes. :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I would compare the show to the movie Children of Men. Out of nowhere mankind becomes infertile...for 18 years as of the start of the movie. Yeah, everyone obviously wonders why, but the movie never tells us. Instead they show us a world very different from what it used to be because of this apparent act of god. It's a "what if" scenario that creates discussion with no intention of explaining "why" the "what if" occurred. Granted,
at least one human becomes pregnant and gives humanity some hope by the end of the movie
, but that's never explained either.

Same goes for the movie The Road. What caused this dystopian future? Who knows?:yeshrug:The movie isn't about the "why", it's the "what if" and everything that comes after.
good point breh.. and i love both of those flicks :lawd:

it seems everyone that i know that's seen this show doesn't know how they feel about it.

i don't know either.. i'm gonna peep sunday's and see where i stand

though i do feel they could have shown the vanishing better even if thats not whats its about.

literally happened worldwide and all we get is a lady and her annoying baby in the parking lot..and some little 10 year old lookin for his dad in that same parking lot? :dahell:

though i guess it's just about that small community

Filthy McNasty

><(((*>
Daps
good point breh.. and i love both of those flicks :lawd:

it seems everyone that i know that's seen this show doesn't know how they feel about it.

i don't know either.. i'm gonna peep sunday's and see where i stand

though i do feel they could have shown the vanishing better even if thats not whats its about.

literally happened worldwide and all we get is a lady and her annoying baby in the parking lot..and some little 10 year old lookin for his dad in that same parking lot? :dahell:

though i guess it's just about that small community

Co-sign

They needed to show some real ill consequences of people just vanishing like that...like a plane crashing out of nowhere...or the Heat in the NBA Finals.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Walk with me a minute.....

The world changed, for everyone still there in all corners of the world, in an instance, and not one person knows why.

People LITERALLY disappeared in the blink of an eye with no reason, no story, no explanation, no HINT of why or how. A truly random act; Never to be repeated.

Cut to the start of this show; Its now been 3 years since that day, and no one else has disappeared, people are supposed to move on. Everything is as it was...except, nothing is how it was. Why did they go? Who took them? Where did they go? Are they OK? Is it God? Is it science? Why not me? Why them? Why not me and them together? What does it all mean? Is this a sign? Am I a bad person because I didn't go? Some of them weren't perfect, but still went, others were just babies. Why? How? I don't get it. How do I go back to normal when I don't know what normal is anymore? Could more of us disappear tonight? How about tomorrow? No, today, today the day where I disappear.

People lose faith. People gain faith. People lose hope. People look for hope. People look for answers, where their are none and no one is sure if it could happen to them next.

fukk where the people went, it's fascinating to wonder how it affects the people left.

Damn, bruh couldn't have said it better myself, I don't know if I would have the bravery to live in that type of world.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
iSEjDwAxNCqTa.gif

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I'm head scratching at some of the comments in here. That pilot had great dialogue, character building, cinematography and acting to some of you? I found some of it to be cringe worthy and corny.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I disagree completely, but enjoy what you enjoy breh

No problem. Just having a civilized discussion. I haven't abandoned the show yet since it was the pilot. I don't mind character driven shows but it has to be just that and it has to be done well. The artistic component wasn't enough to hold strong for that type of show in my opinion, but it's only the pilot. Parts of it made me cringe.

But people have different opinions.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I finally got around to watching the pilot ep and I liked it. It was a bit different than I was expecting (thought it would be less people left behind and more post-apocalyptic) but it was very well-acted and I loved the directing. Plus there are a lot of intriguing things set up for the future. I am really hoping that the all white nicotine addict cult becomes more malevolent and not stay some lame ass peaceful weirdo crew though.
And I am looking forward to them interspersing more supernatural shyt throughout the show.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
obarth any candidates for which ancillary character you're gonna stan for this show? :sas2:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I would compare the show to the movie Children of Men. Out of nowhere mankind becomes infertile...for 18 years as of the start of the movie. Yeah, everyone obviously wonders why, but the movie never tells us. Instead they show us a world very different from what it used to be because of this apparent act of god. It's a "what if" scenario that creates discussion with no intention of explaining "why" the "what if" occurred. Granted,
at least one human becomes pregnant and gives humanity some hope by the end of the movie
, but that's never explained either.

Same goes for the movie The Road. What caused this dystopian future? Who knows?:yeshrug:The movie isn't about the "why", it's the "what if" and everything that comes after.
I don't see the correlation breh :patrice:
I could see this going on some Flashforward stizz :skip:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
What parts, breh?

1) The first scene in school between the girl and that dude. That shyt was corny all around. Looked like it belonged in Saved By The Bell

2) The overall performances of the GRs. They didn't look crazy, broken, psycho, or determined. It came across as a fad that some housewives picked up, like gluten free diets or some shyt. I didn't get the mentally broken vibe or a new-age monk vibe from it at all.

3) That speech from the woman who lost her family. Subpar acting and writing.

4) Dude bringing that Asian girl a gift. No problem with the subplot or premise but the acting made it corny.

5) Interaction between the mayor and the sheriff. "You want me to call if off?" "Yes" "Too bad" :mjlol: :trash:

Thinks I did like:

1) The scene where he tries to tell the owner of the dead dog what happened. Great scene. That flashback of his old man going crazy was great too.

2) The acting and dialogue from the Wayne (?) character in the bedroom scene

Like I said, there is room to improve. Pilots sometimes are some of the weakest episodes from a technical standpoint.