The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I would compare the show to the movie Children of Men. Out of nowhere mankind becomes infertile...for 18 years as of the start of the movie. Yeah, everyone obviously wonders why, but the movie never tells us. Instead they show us a world very different from what it used to be because of this apparent act of god. It's a "what if" scenario that creates discussion with no intention of explaining "why" the "what if" occurred. Granted,
at least one human becomes pregnant and gives humanity some hope by the end of the movie
, but that's never explained either.

Same goes for the movie The Road. What caused this dystopian future? Who knows?:yeshrug:The movie isn't about the "why", it's the "what if" and everything that comes after.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I would compare the show to the movie Children of Men. Out of nowhere mankind becomes infertile...for 18 years as of the start of the movie. Yeah, everyone obviously wonders why, but the movie never tells us. Instead they show us a world very different from what it used to be because of this apparent act of god. It's a "what if" scenario that creates discussion with no intention of explaining "why" the "what if" occurred. Granted,
at least one human becomes pregnant and gives humanity some hope by the end of the movie

Same goes for the movie The Road. What caused this dystopian future? Who knows?:yeshrug:The movie isn't about the "why", it's the "what if" and everything that comes after.
:myman:two great movies as well...but everyone adores those flicks and doesn't complain...we need to be honest that the majority of hate is coming from scorned Lost watchers

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
:patrice:

going to need a few more episodes. My biggest problem is that I don't really give a shyt about any of the characters. They're all somewhat stereotypical, and boring. High school party was...weird. Was there a point to that that I missed? Haven't back read the thread yet so maybe someone spoke on it. Also, did they explain why the cult is always smoking? :russ: That shyt was funny to me for some reason.

Last edited:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I think the people that witnessed the departed disappear going apeshyt crazy is where they'll take the show.

They kind of alluded to this in the Pilot with the dogs. So, I'm curious to see if they turn it into something like that, but I really didn't find much that stood out to me after this 1st episode.

if they flip it like this then i have no problems about them not explaining how or why the people disappeared. Have fukking mayhem in the streets like on some Purge shyt but every day life is like that.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

That movie was trash breh (Children of Men)

Filthy McNasty

><(((*>
Daps
That first episode bored the sh*t out of me. I understand you guys saying to ignore the mass disappearance and focus on the human tragedy aspect of it, but to be honest, that has been done so many times already (and a lot better).

The characters are so generic and bring nothing new to the table.

Drunk cop fighting his inner demons :lupe:

Rebellious daughter with daddy issues :krs:

I've never seen such unique characters...:stopitslime:

I'll give this show a couple more episodes...but I better start seeing apocalyptic clues or scientific reasoning...next episode better have a priest in a village in Peru praying over a kid with blood coming out of his eyes or some theoretical physicists.talking about rips in in the space time continuum and wormholes.

:ufdup:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
That first episode bored the sh*t out of me. I understand you guys saying to ignore the mass disappearance and focus on the human tragedy aspect of it, but to be honest, that has been done so many times already (and a lot better).

The characters are so generic and bring nothing new to the table.

Drunk cop fighting his inner demons :lupe:

Rebellious daughter with daddy issues :krs:

I've never seen such unique characters...:stopitslime:

I'll give this show a couple more episodes...but I better start seeing apocalyptic clues or scientific reasoning...next episode better have a priest in a village in Peru praying over a kid with blood coming out of his eyes or some theoretical physicists.talking about rips in in the space time continuum and wormholes.

:ufdup:

:heh:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
At this point Hollins is a better coach than B Scott but is he the better fit?? Don't really know...Laker fans are probably going to be disappointed with whomever the FO hires. Just no Mike Dunlevey Please!!

I agree they need to stay away from Dunleavy. Byron Scott's offense depends on ball movement and sharing so I don't think Kobe is a good fit for that.