The Last of Us | PS3/PS4

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I FINALLY beat this game. Told myself I was gonna avoid this thread at all costs until I finish it

That ending man........:wow::wow::wow: shyt is gonna stick with me for a LONG time. that was some heavy shyt.

I can't front, I understood why Joel did what he did He developed a strong Father/Daughter bond with Ellie, plus the pain of losing a child before made him want to protect that girl at all costs.

Ellie on the other hand, while she cares for Joel she had no problems with sacrificing her life to save the world for the greater good. Even If Joel did know that at the time I wonder if Joel would've able to go through with it.

that very last scene was powerful :to: I'm sitting here thinking in my mind, Will Ellie found out? Will Joel's choice come back to haunt him? Will they luck out somehow and another cure will surface? Man.....

Game is 10 out of 10. One of the best endings I've seen period.

The ending :favre:

Finished a couple minutes ago. I don't know about Joel. :patrice:

Do you choose personal happiness over the greater good? Do you sacrifice someone you love to ensure the well being of everyone else when you know that person is willing to be sacrificed, willing to save the human race.

She was willing to die for the greater good and not only did he deny her that chance, he lied to her about it, told her there was no hope.

she knew he was lying tho you could see it on her face, the developers said at first they had her truly believing him but they realized that it wouldn't be realistic so they went back and tweaked her facial expression so it hinted at her knowing it was BS

can't look up the link right i'll do it later

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

my picks:

joel: hugh jackmon
JOEL.png

wenn20150928.jpg

tommy: sawyer from lost
2502242-tommy_profile_image.jpg

20080326073238!1x02_Sawyer_Close_Up.JPG

tess: jennifer morrison
The-last-of-us-tess-600x337.jpg

Jennifer_Morrison_Hollywood_Actress_001-710x1024.jpg

marlene: girl from battlestar and hemlock grove
Marlene_Profile.png

Kandyse_McClure_1279973949.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just finished the game, the ending was crack.

But on the real, as great as the ending might be, we need to talk about something far more important...

The fact that Joel went completely HAM by winter time. When he left the cabin and guys were actually running away as you killed them, that "I believe him" line when he tortured those two guys, shooting the trash talking Firefly in his nutsack like three times, dude was a fukking demon.

I mean, Joel was established as being a hardcore motherfukker very early with Tess and double confirmed when Ellie asked him about if he's killed innocents after the ambush and Joel was like "Hrmph", but I figured he'd grow softer, gentler as he spent more time with her rather than the other way around.

That's why this shyt would never work as a Hollywood movie, no studio would allow the main character to be more demonic than the bad guys he faces (David being the exception).

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she knew he was lying tho you could see it on her face, the developers said at first they had her truly believing him but they realized that it wouldn't be realistic so they went back and tweaked her facial expression so it hinted at her knowing it was BS

can't look up the link right i'll do it later

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere a few days ago. (IGN maybe?)

But yeah after thinking about it she caught on to the lie quick. She probably felt disappointed that he didn't tell her the truth. I'm just wondering if she's gonna lowkey hold that against him.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah I remember reading that somewhere a few days ago. (IGN maybe?)

But yeah after thinking about it she caught on to the lie quick. She probably felt disappointed that he didn't tell her the truth. I'm just wondering if she's gonna lowkey hold that against him.
i mean it wasn't even that good of a lie, think about it :ld: she went to the surgery and then all of a sudden wakes up in the car with joel? they just took what they need and sent her off with him again? the black chick (can't remember her name) was friends with her mother and just sends her off afterwards?

doesn't take a rocket scientist (especially after all the shyt they went through) to assume that Joel murked everyone in that hospital

if they had her believe him that would directly contradict how smart they made her in other parts of the story (ex. that cold winter :sadcam:)

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i mean it wasn't even that good of a lie, think about it :ld: she went to the surgery and then all of a sudden wakes up in the car with joel? they just took what they need and sent her off with him again? the black chick (can't remember her name) was friends with her mother and just sends her off afterwards?

doesn't take a rocket scientist (especially after all the shyt they went through) to assume that Joel murked everyone in that hospital

if they had her believe him that would directly contradict how smart they made her in other parts of the story (ex. that cold winter :sadcam:)[/SPOILER]

Very true. I just hope Ellie understand that my nikka Joel did it for her own good.
After all they've been through don't hold this against him too much :to:

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the game, the ending was crack.

But on the real, as great as the ending might be, we need to talk about something far more important...

The fact that Joel went completely HAM by winter time. When he left the cabin and guys were actually running away as you killed them, that "I believe him" line when he tortured those two guys, shooting the trash talking Firefly in his nutsack like three times, dude was a fukking demon.

I mean, Joel was established as being a hardcore motherfukker very early with Tess and double confirmed when Ellie asked him about if he's killed innocents after the ambush and Joel was like "Hrmph", but I figured he'd grow softer, gentler as he spent more time with her rather than the other way around.

That's why this shyt would never work as a Hollywood movie, no studio would allow the main character to be more demonic than the bad guys he faces (David being the exception).

joel couldnt go thorugh that pain of losing another daughter, and him almost dying himself made him go above and beyond brutality to get her back

i felt his pain though :to:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

if they had her believe him that would directly contradict how smart they made her in other parts of the story (ex. that cold winter :sadcam:)[/SPOILER]

Would she have even known that Marlene was there? She damn near drowned, it's a good chance that as soon as they were able to bring her back to life they sedated her and started to run tests.

So Joel not only denied what seems to be her choice of sacrificing herself, but killed her mother figure and then lied about it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Would she have even known that Marlene was there? She damn near drowned, it's a good chance that as soon as they were able to bring her back to life they sedated her and started to run tests.

So Joel not only denied what seems to be her choice of sacrificing herself, but killed her mother figure and then lied about it.

:aicmon: adults dont give kids big choices like that in real life, and the devs wanted the game to be be realistic so it made sense

think about it like this, if joel was like "aight ellie do you :manny:" nikkas woulda been complainin talmbout ":mindblown: he went through all of this with her and didn't even put up a fight to stop her from killing herself?" it wouldn't have made sense for his character to let it go down like that

this is more believable imo