The Last of Us | PS3/PS4

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Considering they left the ending completely open for a sequel, there is no choice but to have a sequel after this kind of success..

And why wouldnt you want a sequel?

The story has so much potential evolving around Ellie and eventually Finding a Cure..

They could go in so many directions with this story line.. A trilogy would be and will be epic :blessed:

im pretty sure they already said joel ellie story is done. but videogame creators lie all the time

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
im pretty sure they already said joel ellie story is done. but videogame creators lie all the time
If Sony demands it, they will do it.:manny:

Going from the prologue to the ending, Bruce said the final moments of The Last of Us “could really be read in several different ways, and it is open-ended and it is a somewhat ironic ending. It’s not your typical ending, but it’s still a nice resolution to me. It has a nice finality of, okay, all right.” Re-iterating something they’ve said before, Neil addressed the thoughts of people thinking they left it open to a sequel by adding, “what we’re saying is, if we never make a sequel, that’ll be alright. In our mind the journey has been wrapped up.”

Offering a bit more observation of that ending, Neil talked about how they had “focus tests toward the end of production and we do these exit interview, and there are people who have said, ‘I love the game, love the mechanics, love the combat, but you’ve gotta fix the ending, you really have to fix the ending.’” In fact, according to Neil, one of the most painful comments they received from a focus tester was, “‘Because she kind of reminds him of his daughter, he’s going to sacrifice mankind? Whatever.’”

Giving his thoughts on the ending was Bruce, who thinks that “in stereotypical games, the ending would be, everything’s good, we saved the day and everybody’s happy, and we’re all, yay, awesome! But this is two flawed characters in an ambiguous situation, the world is a dark world, hard choices have to be made.” To this, Neil added, “The journey was kind of for nothing, but at the same time it was for everything.”

In fact, the ending was something changed just prior to shooting it, with Neil explaining the reason for the change:

The original ending that for a long time we discussed is Ellie would believe the lie and you’d see them walking off to Tommy’s town and the camera would track up and you’d feel like, they’re going to be okay. It was about a week before we shot that scene and we thought, this isn’t honest, this doesn’t feel right, Ellie would know, I don’t buy it, we have to change this

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:stunnadahell:

They killed my nikkas Sam and Henry:damn:

:to:

I see Joel and Ellie copped some new gear. Ellie with the Northface jacket and Joel got on the fresh plaid shirt:steviej:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I did a series of hit and runs, repeatedly. I got so good at this game it got to a point where i just traversed the entire map and bodied whoever was in my way and then quickly vacated the area. Any enemy that didnt have armor on got an arrow to the head or a pistol shot. The armored enemies got the magnum. If there were 2 armored enemies i hit them with the smoke grenade then run up with the shotty, give it to them and then run away. A few stragglers got choked out but for the most part, hit and runs.

I'm not sure about that

the recordings said they had never found anybody immune like Ellie