The Last of Us | PS3/PS4

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
seen a post about that damn Bloater in the hotel...maaaan look LMAO. i laid down some bombs at the doors then pelted that fukker with molotov cocktails. apparently, its weak against fire.

bro tip: you'll find one in a crowd of runners/clickers. hit it with a cocktail without being detected and it will go ham..throwing bombs at the runners and clickers around it taking them out and itself. shyt works too good.

Yea they are extremely weak against fire...I tossed a molotov on one and shot it twice with the rifle and it was wrap.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I've only encountered one glitch. I was at a part where I need to throw Ellie over a fence to unlock the other side, and when i got the fence, she was just gone like :wtf:

I had to kill myself and restart from the checkpoint. other than that one time, she hasn't disappeared on me.

I'll look back or forward and notice Ellie had disappeared as well. I just play it out and she eventually shows back up. Not a huge deal to me :ld:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I only have 3 negative things that I can say about this game....

1. AI doesn't react to your companions at all. I understand that it would make the game almost unplayable with the way the "cover" system works with the companions. But it still kinda breaks the immersion a little bit when Ellie is just crouching out in the open and guys stroll right past her.

2. The crafted items are very limited. When they first mentioned the crafting system they sorta gave the impression that it would be much more extensive.

3. The scripted encounters in the early tech demos seem alot better than the stuff in the actual game. That hotel encounter in the tech demo was ridiculous, and unless I missed it, I definitely didn't see that one in game.

But even with that, it's still one of the best games I've ever played period. Winter....:damn:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
I see they paid homage to Parliament/Funkadelic in the record store:ehh:

There's a record and poster that says "Fullfunk", and it has the same fonts, and spaceship as the "Mothership Connection" album cover.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3. The scripted encounters in the early tech demos seem alot better than the stuff in the actual game. That hotel encounter in the tech demo was ridiculous, and unless I missed it, I definitely didn't see that one in game.

thats because it can go down several different ways. :yeshrug: in the tech demo, he used a shot gun. in my game play, i beat him with a pipe.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

But even with that, it's still one of the best games I've ever played period. Winter....:damn:

those scenarios are dynamic and can happen whenever. i had a moment in the game where i was brawling with one guy and elllie came and stabbed him in the back which allowed me to melee him with the shotty and then blow his head off while he begged for me to cool down.

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

1. AI doesn't react to your companions at all. I understand that it would make the game almost unplayable with the way the "cover" system works with the companions. But it still kinda breaks the immersion a little bit when Ellie is just crouching out in the open and guys stroll right past her.

2. The crafted items are very limited. When they first mentioned the crafting system they sorta gave the impression that it would be much more extensive.

I mostly stealthed the whole game where i could, but i had something like that demo play out there. Had to grab one of them to get some breathing room when this one hunter went into splinter cell mode and flanked me. Ellie then stabbed him him in the back and we proceeded to have a multi-room battle :whew:

I've seen her toss bricks at them like in the demo in other sections.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I thought the claim was that those encounters weren't scripted

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
ellie is a tiny lil beast. dude came up on me like :damn: she jumps on a homies back and gets him off me, i got room to put the breaks on breh and he gets his face smashed into a wall.

sometimes she's like "watch out", if someones making a break on you. she'll toss a brick to stun them and they can get that work :whew:

brick+knifework in the winter :ohlawd:

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
I thought the claim was that those encounters weren't scripted

Even if they weren't scripted Naughty Dog could definitely cherry pick the best one. It's highly unlikely that anyone would play through it just like the guy at Naughty dog.

The most intense fight scene for me looked super MEH when I saw the videos before the game came out.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mostly stealthed the whole game where i could, but i had something like that demo play out there. Had to grab one of them to get some breathing room when this one hunter went into splinter cell mode and flanked me. Ellie then stabbed him him in the back and we proceeded to have a multi-room battle :whew:

I've seen her toss bricks at them like in the demo in other sections.

I've had that one happen a few times. What I'm talking about was at the end of the tech demo where you ambush a dude with the shotgun and while you are fighting another dude ambushes you. It had more of a cut scene vibe to it. But like dude said....I guess there is a certain way you have to play in order to trigger that stuff

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
I've had that one happen a few times. What I'm talking about was at the end of the tech demo where you ambush a dude with the shotgun and while you are fighting another dude ambushes you. It had more of a cut scene vibe to it.

That happened to me at one point when I got sloppy during a fight. Dude grabbed my neck and the dude I was giving the business to killed me with three bat blows to the stomach :damn: :pacspit: