The Last of Us Part II Spoiler Discussion Thread

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I beat part 1 I think back in Feb or March. I started playing part 2 and I can't remember exactly where I left off. I think I'm on the part where Ellie is walking through the city looking for Joels brother.

Game was fun and the graphics were beatiful but man, I hated playing as that big bytch. It would throw me off. I put this shyt down like in May and haven't touched it since. I'll finish it eventually.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Most of the hate this game got came from a tidal wave of conservative, anti-woke, white male types. Once they lock onto something they go hard (be it through memes, Reddit groups, 4cac boards, popular panderous YouTube grifters, etc). Joel was that archetypal straight white male hero protagonist that they all related to. Once he got taken out especially in the way that he was, of course they would all collectively lose their shyt. But it served the plot, it made sense. Actions have consequences. Joel pretty much damned humanity (for his own personal complicated reasons) and killed the person who had a chance to save it and someone close to him was torn apart by it and hunted him down. It's a tragedy all around.

I feel as though the game from a narrative perspective raised the bar and shows that videogames can be just as complicated and nuanced as any other piece of media (which is why HBO is adapting it)

One thing that concerns me though is that due to the huge backlash this received that in the future other videogame developers will be reluctant and play it safe with potentially divisive storytelling because they don't want to upset the vast majority of their consumer base being conservative white males. They tend to try and get their way with how developers and writers do things through attacking it en masse through various forms online if it doesn't appeal to their sensibilities.

I do feel like the controversy and the division was good for the video game culture as a whole. Was a hell of a time at its height when this game was first coming out. Commercially it was still a mega success and won all type of awards. Even game of the year.

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of the hate this game got came from a tidal wave of conservative, anti-woke, white male types. Once they lock onto something they go hard (be it through memes, Reddit groups, 4cac boards, popular panderous YouTube grifters, etc). Joel was that archetypal straight white male hero protagonist that they all related to. Once he got taken out especially in the way that he was, of course they would all collectively lose their shyt. But it served the plot, it made sense. Actions have consequences. Joel pretty much damned humanity (for his own personal complicated reasons) and killed the person who had a chance to save it and someone close to him was torn apart by it and hunted him down. It's a tragedy all around.

I feel as though the game from a narrative perspective raised the bar and shows that videogames can be just as complicated and nuanced as any other piece of media (which is why HBO is adapting it)

One thing that concerns me though is that due to the huge backlash this received that in the future other videogame developers will be reluctant and play it safe with potentially divisive storytelling because they don't want to upset the vast majority of their consumer base being conservative white males. They tend to try and get their way with how developers and writers do things through attacking it en masse through various forms online if it doesn't appeal to their sensibilities.

I do feel like the controversy and the division was good for the video game culture as a whole. Was a hell of a time at its height when this game was first coming out. Commercially it was still a mega success and won all type of awards. Even game of the year.

ND ain’t gonna pander to these ho ass nikkas :whew:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Another thing I want to say, you best believe there is a huge crossover between the massive women hating incel crowd online and the gamer community. So You just know they're going to jump at the opportunity to inject and project their personal BS into this entire discussion. I have no doubt a significant portion of these rabbid haters and keyboard life threatening trolls are from that ilk.

White male fragility shyt.

Even a lot of the black ones on YouTube who were riding the hate bandwagon were mainly doing so for engagement due to it trending (Some literally making double digit videos on the same topic). Even Berlezy came out and said that he initially got caught up in that as well until he actually experienced the game for himself and went in with an open mind without being biased. Literally was applauding the game at certain points because of just how well executed it all was. It wasn't your typical hero always wins type beat.

Hopefully they make a 3rd game to top it all off one day.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Another thing I want to say, you best believe there is a huge crossover between the massive women hating incel crowd online and the gamer community. So You just know they're going to jump at the opportunity to inject and project their personal BS into this entire discussion. I have no doubt a significant portion of these rabbid haters and keyboard life threatening trolls are from that ilk.

White male fragility shyt.

Even a lot of the black ones on YouTube who were riding the hate bandwagon were mainly doing so for engagement due to it trending (Some literally making double digit videos on the same topic). Even Berlezy came out and said that he initially got caught up in that as well until he actually experienced the game for himself and went in with an open mind without being biased. Literally was applauding the game at certain points because of just how well executed it all was. It wasn't your typical hero always wins type beat.

Hopefully they make a 3rd game to top it all off one day.
The game play was legendary

It the most advance game on ps4 and feels more next gen then anything we have in ps5

Level design, enemy AI, zombie placement etc

People saying the gameplay was bad were being dishonest

> didn't like the story ... It let the story goals kind of walk over the acting and the character interactions

But I do want to run through it again

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I want to play this again for the 3rd time. He'll I might play the 1st one again to prepare for the show premier next week

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey

Breh, look at this fraud back when TLOU2 "leaks" happened

His review after "playing" TLOU2

Him NOW after watching TLOU show episode 3

I guess he doesn't respect himself because he did what they did. Only he did it with TLOU2 game.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh, look at this fraud back when TLOU2 "leaks" happened

His review after "playing" TLOU2

Him NOW after watching TLOU show episode 3

I guess he doesn't respect himself because he did what they did. Only he did it with TLOU2 game.

I never took that bean cac seriously but especially after those TLOU2 videos