The Last of Us Part II Spoiler Discussion Thread

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Off the top of my head, taking over enemy bases, collecting resources, the weapons, perfect counters, climbing the lighthouses.

far cry, spiderman, arkham series, fenyx all have these elements

its more indicative of the repetition in the open world genre than any one game biting another

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
It made me dislike Tommy and Ellie for going after Abby after she had them both dead to rights and let them go. Especially Tommy coming to the farm and guilting Ellie to go to Cali. Like stfu, old man

I kind of feel the same way. I wish the game ended with Ellie on the farm with Dina & JJ.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
far cry, spiderman, arkham series, fenyx all have these elements

its more indicative of the repetition in the open world genre than any one game biting another
Far cry is them though. Never played fenyx, ehhh on the other games. Spiderman is an Arkham knockoff, but that's a different conversation.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yo Abby was on some other shyt in the faceoff with Ellie :wow:.

Ellie fresh off getting beaten within an inch of her life: "Please don't kill her :sadcam:, SHE'S PREGNANT :damn:"

Abbie with her fukking knife to Dina's throat: "GOOD :demonic:"

This game was crazy good, best of all time is a stretch. We need that Tommy one man army Director's Cut DLC :lawd:

I'm not sure what the hate was about from all those cacs when this released. Only thing that was weird was that rough sex scene that came out of nowhere, but they had built up some tension. The story made sense and I liked playing Abby's story. fukk the Rattlers :pacspit::pacspit:, gotta be the WOAT humans we've encountered in this series yet excluding David the rapist cannibal from Part 1. I ran through and split all their heads open with melee weapons and the shotty

I have to say that whole Santa Barbara neighborhood part with Ellie might be my favorite setpiece. I like the idea of traversing through an abandoned neighborhood like that it was :banderas:

Really heavy story. I ended up watching The Office after beating it bc I needed a pick me up :heh:

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates

Ellie fresh off getting beaten within an inch of her life: "Please don't kill her :sadcam:, SHE'S PREGNANT :damn:"

This game was crazy good, best of all time is a stretch. We need that Tommy one man army Director's Cut DLC :lawd:

I'm not sure what the hate was about from all those cacs when this released. Only thing that was weird was that rough sex scene that came out of nowhere, but they had built up some tension. The story made sense and I liked playing Abby's story. fukk the Rattlers :pacspit::pacspit:, gotta be the WOAT humans we've encountered in this series yet excluding David the rapist cannibal from Part 1. I ran through and split all their heads open with melee weapons and the shotty

I have to say that whole Santa Barbara neighborhood part with Ellie might be my favorite setpiece. I like the idea of traversing through an abandoned neighborhood like that it was :banderas:

Really heavy story. I ended up watching The Office after beating it bc I needed a pick me up :heh:
it was obvious why people were mad after the leaks. But it was deeper than that. The director of the game became a male feminist and wanted to "make up" for how sexist the first game was (which it wasn't) or whatever mentally ill rambling he was talking about. The shyt was tied into gamergate and all the grifters connected to that. It's a whole thing honestly.

But all the hate after that that came from the people who actually played it all said the same shyt mostly how stupid tommy was, Abby existing at all, Ellie Basically being thrown in the bushes in act 3 and the poor writing connecting everybody together in the first place and dull set pieces between Abby smash. hence why the game been on sale since after people stopped caring.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Favorite part about the rattlers was getting to set the infected on them:blessed:

I loved Santa Barbara though. I liked the change of scenery after playing in gloomy rainy seattle for the majority of the game. It’s always dope when they do horror in sunny nice looking environments.

and it was nice being able to control ellie again after growing attached to abby.

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Favorite part about the rattlers was getting to set the infected on them:blessed:

I loved Santa Barbara though. I liked the change of scenery after playing in gloomy rainy seattle for the majority of the game. It’s always dope when they do horror in sunny nice looking environments.

and it was nice being able to control ellie again after growing attached to abby.

Yeah one thing they should have done way more of that they explored in the Left Behind DLC was pitting the infected against human enemies, that was so dope in that final standoff when you had limited supplies. I was shocked the only time that was implemented was the Rattlers compund :dwillhuh:

When i came through the fence I saw them taunting that Runner and I thought about throwing a molotov on them to set the tone, but I thought he was an actual prisoner that was living :mjcry:. Once I saw he was infected I let the chain off and let him wreak havoc on them boys :mjlit:. They killed him and I started letting that axe go to work :wow:

I wasnt being too tactical so I had to kill the two clickers after they started after me on the second part :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah one thing they should have done way more of that they explored in the Left Behind DLC was pitting the infected against human enemies, that was so dope in that final standoff when you had limited supplies. I was shocked the only time that was implemented was the Rattlers compund :dwillhuh:

When i came through the fence I saw them taunting that Runner and I thought about throwing a molotov on them to set the tone, but I thought he was an actual prisoner that was living :mjcry:. Once I saw he was infected I let the chain off and let him wreak havoc on them boys :mjlit:. They killed him and I started letting that axe go to work :wow:

I wasnt being too tactical so I had to kill the two clickers after they started after me on the second part :mjlol:

There’s a couple times before, in the train station…in the hospital, and in the parking lot of Santa Barbara…but yeah I wish it was more common. That’s why I hope factions has infected in multiplayer

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
it was obvious why people were mad after the leaks. But it was deeper than that. The director of the game became a male feminist and wanted to "make up" for how sexist the first game was (which it wasn't) or whatever mentally ill rambling he was talking about. The shyt was tied into gamergate and all the grifters connected to that. It's a whole thing honestly.

But all the hate after that that came from the people who actually played it all said the same shyt mostly how stupid tommy was, Abby existing at all, Ellie Basically being thrown in the bushes in act 3 and the poor writing connecting everybody together in the first place and dull set pieces between Abby smash. hence why the game been on sale since after people stopped caring.

The 1st one was no star in the writing department either with the generic done to death story :mjlol:. I still don't know what "gamergate" is so I cant speak to that

I don't get the feminism angle in the game but ok. People were so mad Joel got merked but he fukked over the entire world :yeshrug: Just like everybody who does something extreme in these games, he had it coming to him. I liked him too but the story made sense when I played it.

I remember seeing a lot of people complaining about lgbt and this game, but again it made sense for the story they told.

Is the game overrated? Yes

Is it in the top tier overall? Yes

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
There’s a couple times before, in the train station…in the hospital, and in the parking lot of Santa Barbara…but yeah I wish it was more common. That’s why I hope factions has infected in multiplayer

you right i completely forgot about ellie in the hospital, that shyt didnt work out when I tried it :mjlol:. I threw that bottle, the clickers swarmed and WLF took them out instantly :deadmanny:

you're right about the subway as well. I don't remember infected in the Santa Barbara parking lot? you mean that cutscene?

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
The 1st one was no star in the writing department either with the generic done to death story :mjlol:. I still don't know what "gamergate" is so I cant speak to that

I don't get the feminism angle in the game but ok. People were so mad Joel got merked but he fukked over the entire world :yeshrug: Just like everybody who does something extreme in these games, he had it coming to him. I liked him too but the story made sense when I played it.

I remember seeing a lot of people complaining about lgbt and this game, but again it made sense for the story they told.

Is the game overrated? Yes

Is it in the top tier overall? Yes
I wouldn't look into gamergate do yourself that favor. I disagree part one was a coherent story told better than any part of this one. I like the action in this one but the first one told a better story overall. the time skips and jumping backing and forth wasnt my jam which took me out half the time and all the and then this happened stuff after Joel dying bored me to tears. This game had problems story wise and knowing what I know about the director and writers I can see what the issue was that lead to Abby

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
does something extreme in these games, he had it coming to him. I liked him too but the story made sense when I played it.

right, the pendulum had to eventually swing the other day. Joel sacrificed a lot more than the world to save ellie.

that’s kind of what makes this game interesting to me. Because as the games protagonist you just go around killing people game to game and there’s never any consequence. But we all know from hood shyt, you kill somebody their people eventually gonna come looking for you:ufdup:

this real life shyt, someone prob looking for Nathan drake too.:sas2:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Story still trash
I thought you said you never finished it?:jbhmm:

c46c96ff8312434e35ec064dbe304ac3.jpg