The Last of Us Part II Spoiler Discussion Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I could easily imagine a safe TLOU2 and it would have been fine. Just the adventures of Joel and Ellie 2. I'm glad we got this version

Yep, it would have had less controversy attached to it but people would be less enthused to discuss it or engage with it. Also, the thing that made people angry about this game is why the same people will show up for ND’s next game.

You know they aren’t gonna pull punches or go out of their way to please the audience. I keep hoping the other sony studios adopt more of this mentality

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Its been a few days since I finished this. I don't understand how this isn't held as the pinnacle of gaming. Im still thinking about it.

Ragnarok was great. Amazing even. You hear about Breath of the Wild constantly. Souls borne games etc.

But this shyt. This was something else. Making you play through and change your whole perspective on a character you've spent 20 hrs with. Mario has 30+ games and the closest perspective shift was Braid proposing what if and maybe what if, maybe Mario was an obsessed incel.

I've been playing Diablo 4 beta and its mid. The story and dialog are laughable. Redditors are dikkriding the story.

Started playing Uncharted 2 and I'm getting frustrated at the lack of player direction and the quick character turns. And this is Neil Druckman's early work which was great at the time.

Since TLOU2 came out I've heard only one thing "it pissed people off" and then it disappeared. Its sold HALF of Elden Ring.

Maybe after the TV series is finished it'll get its due, because the only influence I hear about in games is Fortnite, Modern Warfare, Breath of the Wild and Dark Souls.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its been a few days since I finished this. I don't understand how this isn't held as the pinnacle of gaming. Im still thinking about it.

Ragnarok was great. Amazing even. You hear about Breath of the Wild constantly. Souls borne games etc.

But this shyt. This was something else. Making you play through and change your whole perspective on a character you've spent 20 hrs with. Mario has 30+ games and the closest perspective shift was Braid proposing what if and maybe what if, maybe Mario was an obsessed incel.

I've been playing Diablo 4 beta and its mid. The story and dialog are laughable. Redditors are dikkriding the story.

Started playing Uncharted 2 and I'm getting frustrated at the lack of player direction and the quick character turns. And this is Neil Druckman's early work which was great at the time.

Since TLOU2 came out I've heard only one thing "it pissed people off" and then it disappeared. Its sold HALF of Elden Ring.

Maybe after the TV series is finished it'll get its due, because the only influence I hear about in games is Fortnite, Modern Warfare, Breath of the Wild and Dark Souls.
it got rave reviews, game of the year awards, and sold over 10 million copies. one of the highest selling ps4 exclusives of all time. I think it got its due:skip:

'The Last of Us Part II' wins Game of the Year, sweeps major categories at 2020 Game Awards
In a year when many of us were hunkered down in our homes playing videogames because of a global pandemic and there wasn't much else to do, it's the game set in a post-apocalyptic pandemic hellscape that wins Game of the Year.
The Last of Us Part II, unsurprisingly, won top honors at the 2020 Game Awards, held Thursday night, as well as sweeping many of the major categories. Those include wins for Best Game Direction, Best Narrative, Best Audio Design, Best Performance (for Laura Baily as Abby), Innovation in Accessibility, and Best Action/Adventure.
The Last of Us Part 2 Has Sold Over 10 Million Copies - IGN

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

You sound like one of them "crying and shaking" types rn :mjlol:

Part 2 is really great though. The story hit harder the second playthrough for me, the dulaities and parallels :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I think its far harder to copy the things that make TLOU2 good then something like souls or fortnite.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I thought about posting a reddit link in here but decided against it. I'm still shocked that folks really hated the death of Joel and having female protagonists/anti-heros. So much so that they overlooked almost all of the improvements over part one. TLOU2 will stand as one of the most polarizing gaming masterpieces in history and it served to expose a lot of people for who they really are on the inside.

Well played, Druckmann