The Last of Us Part II Spoiler Discussion Thread

Daps
Great gameplay, below average story, unlikeable main characters - they turned Ellie into a vile bytch and Abby was just plain unlikeable. The side characters were pretty cool.

Ghost Of Tsushima is way better in terms of story and characters.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I liked Ghosts but not because of the characters and story. The latter was serviceable as a good samurai story but the characters didn’t really add anything to it, especially Jin, he was boring as a main character. None of the side characters outside of Yuna was remarkable

Thats why i hope for the sequel they do somethign vastly different and have him be the antagonist

Naughty Dog is good at actually getting you emotionally invested in the characters, whether you hate them or love them you remember them and their motives

Daps
I liked Ghosts but not because of the characters and story. The latter was serviceable as a good samurai story but the characters didn’t really add anything to it, especially Jin, he was boring as a main character.

Thats why i hope for the sequel they do somethign vastly different and have him be the antagonist
Jin was a great character. The game showed his conflict between his honour and what he had to do. It also showed how he was slowly becoming more jaded about the situation. His back and forth with the secondary characters were brilliant.

I felt nothing when I played as Abby. She's just another unlikeable 'badass' chick that has become a generic trope in western media. The story of TLOU part 2 is just another generic revenge story that failed. Hell, Ellie didn't even take her revenge and the developers and story makers tried to make that situation deep when in reality it comes off as weak.

As I stated, I liked the secondary characters in TLOU part 2 but let's be honest if it wasn't for the great gameplay, the game wouldn't be any good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Jin was a great character. The game showed his conflict between his honour and what he had to do. It also showed how he was slowly becoming more jaded about the situation. His back and forth with the secondary characters were brilliant.

I felt nothing when I played as Abby. She's just another unlikeable 'badass' chick that has become a generic trope in western media. The story of TLOU part 2 is just another generic revenge story that failed. Hell, Ellie didn't even take her revenge and the developers and story makers tried to make that situation deep when in reality it comes off as weak.

As I stated, I liked the secondary characters in TLOU part 2 but let's be honest if it wasn't for the great gameplay, the game wouldn't be any good.

If TLOU2 was generic it wouldn’t be so controversial, Tsushima is way less offensive and risk taking as a story, which is why people rarely discuss that aspect of the game

Daps
If TLOU2 was generic it wouldn’t be so controversial, Tsushima is way less offensive and risk taking as a story, which is why people rarely discuss that aspect of the game
It was only controversial in terms of a 'trans' character and Joel being killed off (I don't mind Joel being killed but the way a seasoned warrior survivor can lose his edge and become overly trusting of outsiders was just flawed writing). Other than that it was barely controversial. The only thing offensive about TLOU 2 was its story being weak.
No wonder Naughty Dog restricted Neil Druckmann for TLOU1.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

This is surface level than a MF

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, look at this fraud back when TLOU2 "leaks" happened

His review after "playing" TLOU2

Him NOW after watching TLOU show episode 3

I guess he doesn't respect himself because he did what they did. Only he did it with TLOU2 game.

This was a result of him tryna get back into the good graces of the gamers who hated his review of when Battlefield added women. Told them basically to stop bytching and its not that serious that women were added.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i bet there are a lot of people that changed their minds on TLOU2 since they reviewed it but probably don’t want to fully heel turn. I’ve heard skill up praising it recently also after trashing it initially.

People don’t understand the hate campaign after those leaks were heinous. Now i keep hearing people use the term “safe sequel” for other games which i find hilarious due to how they acted toward this game. A lot of people don’t want to admit the internet outrage influenced their views of the game

Naughty Dog were ahead of their time with this game.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
i bet there are a lot of people that changed their minds on TLOU2 since they reviewed it but probably don’t want to fully heel turn. I’ve heard skill up praising it recently also after trashing it initially.

People don’t understand the hate campaign after those leaks were heinous. Now i keep hearing people use the term “safe sequel” for other games which i find hilarious due to how they acted toward this game. A lot of people don’t want to admit the internet outrage influenced their views of the game

Naughty Dog were ahead of their time with this game.
I could easily imagine a safe TLOU2 and it would have been fine. Just the adventures of Joel and Ellie 2. I'm glad we got this version